PDA

View Full Version : KOF NeoWave

Dreddz
04-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I just hope this comes out for the PS2 :cry:

Erdrick Holmes
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
It came out in the states today on the XBox, it'll probably go to Euro audiences on the PS2. We might get it on the PS2 if KoF XI comes out it'll probably come packaged together with it.

Dreddz
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
It says its coming out for the PS2, but seeing as no word has been mentioned on that release, I reckon its going to be called off altogether in the next couple of days.

Madame Adequate
04-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Why? We've got Tekken and Soul Calibur on the PS2. There's not much need for some crappy old game which hasn't seen any improvement in twenty iterations, and which contains saving graces only in the form of a couple of attractive female characters.

Dreddz
04-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Why? We've got Tekken and Soul Calibur on the PS2. There's not much need for some crappy old game which hasn't seen any improvement in twenty iterations, and which contains saving graces only in the form of a couple of attractive female characters.
Well, thats you opinion. These games actually built what fighting games we have today, so you should be respecting them instead of classing them as crappy games. And they arent crap by any means, these games have much more depth than most fighters have today, and are also much more enjoyable.

Erdrick Holmes
04-11-2006, 11:44 PM

Ever hear of the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Markus. D
04-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Kay Oh Ef.

might give it a try.

but unfortuanetly work gave me another shoddy paycheck....

Erdrick Holmes
04-12-2006, 01:38 AM
I just looked on the gamefaqs release. It says the US release is TBA for the PS2, most likely it'll be after the PS3 is released, thusly Sony will give less of a damn about the PS2.

Dreddz
04-12-2006, 01:39 AM
If I have to wait till after November.......grrrrr
But hey, Ive got my brand spanking new Neogeo to play around with till then :p

Madame Adequate
04-12-2006, 03:08 AM

Ever hear of the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

So then play the original?

Well, thats you opinion. These games actually built what fighting games we have today, so you should be respecting them instead of classing them as crappy games. And they arent crap by any means, these games have much more depth than most fighters have today, and are also much more enjoyable.

Given that KoF was originally designed with the specific intent of combining elements from Fatal Fury (Also terrible.) and The Art Of Fighting, no. Also, those two games were released in 1991 and 1992, well after quite a few games, and indeed around the same time as Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, which means whilst they might have contributed to today's fighting games, they're hardly the luminaries you make them out to be.

Lionx
04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
I wouldnt be so quick to say that KoF is anything outdated. To be fair Street Fighter 1 wasnt that awesome as well, and during those days, fighting games were new, something different and just starting out. You can say the same about D&D and also Dragon Quest for the non RPG game player, those games just suck, but everyone knows they were very important steps to bring RPGs into more limelight, the same for SF, FF, and AoF that made KoF today. KoF is indeed legendary.

To be honest i used to think fighting games were pretty..shallow, but once you start playing some GOOD competition, its way more deep and fun than most people think.

On topic-wise, it would be interesting to see KoF move away from the Neo-Geo platform since it is outdated. Has there been any good information about this game? Theres not much on shoryuken.com :x

Dreddz
04-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Well, a Review has come up on Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/thekingoffightersneowave/index.html)

Erdrick Holmes
04-12-2006, 03:24 PM
NeoWave doesn't use the Neo Geo arcade engine, in fact SNK no longer supports it. It uses the Atomiswave engine that was used in Guilty Gear games, so most likely you'll see a Sega logo every now and then in the game.