PDA

View Full Version : Dun a runner!

Psydekick
04-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Did any of you guys ever escape from school before? I have thought about it before :quina:

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I never did until my senior year of high school. I ditched quite often then. Mostly it was just going off campus for lunch (as we were allowed to) and being like "Um... yeah I guess I dont wanna go back" and then of course not going back.

Sometimes I'd just leave class (usually fifth period advanced drama). Like once when we all decided to go swimming and drove off in the middle of class.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2006, 01:46 PM
All the time in high school. I tried to in preschool, too, but security was tight.

The Void
04-11-2006, 02:02 PM
I ran out of school when i was seven, with a mate. We went on a mini crime spree (only kids stuff, stealing sweets, etc). Anyway we got caught and were expelled from school :( . If your thinking about doing it, DON'T. You should be grateful to go to school, i missed out on most of my school years and now i'm paying for it with a crap job and hardly any money :mad2:

Avathar
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Escape? I wouldn't have called it an escape:cool: , since it was fairly easy to just..go out of the building:rolleyes2 , so:D

Shoden
04-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I step out the gates sometimes, the teachers don't stop you, I run in and out all the time.

Jess
04-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, at lunch times. Everybody must know that school food is totally gross, so I go down the shop/cafe at lunch sometimes to get food. We aren't actually allowed to leave the school, though. I've been caught plenty of times.

I've never done a runner from school for a whole day, I've only ever skipped certain lessons that I really didn't like. :jess:

Pheesh
04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
and a friend skipped a drama class, went into media, got another friend and went to the deli and bought some food. Then went back before next period....we're straight out rebels.

Stay Essential
EE

Ki Ki
04-11-2006, 02:30 PM
I've never escaped from school because the gates were always locked from morning until school ended.
But I escaped from class! Hid in the toilet I did. :aimsun:

Zeldy
04-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Our school is so strict on this sort of thing. The toilets are locked after lunch and break so you have to ask for a key.
The gates at the front of school are locked from morning till hometime, only way through is with an ID Card and you have to live in the area and have permission from your parents.

If you got caught "wagging" (Thats what we call it. Don't ask :p ) then, yeah, your in deep trouble.

Pheesh
04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
it's called wagging here as well.

Stay Essential
EE

Mo-Nercy
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
it's called wagging here as well.

Stay Essential
EE
And "jigging". It's always been jigging to me.

Shauna
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, I don't ever "dog" it, as it is called here because we're cool, but there's plenty of people that do! :D I mean, all you have to do it go up the shops for lunch and not come back, and people just walk out the school gates at morning break!
That's what it's like up here. :cool:

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I love all these names for this. Seriously. We just call it "ditching" here, we arent very creative.

Rice Cake
04-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah, its ditching. I've never done it because I'm a good kid.

Does anyone else think the title is funny? I do...

MadHero
04-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Does anyone else think the title is funny? I do...
Nothing from Sora! is funny.

That being out of the way, yes I have, ditched school a lot with some friends, I was apparantly a bad influence.

Parker
04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
In sixth form no one seems to care so much if we "mooch" (we call it mooching here) off school. We have a ton of free lessons anyway.

I also go to the burger van or shop for lunch because I didn't get my photo taken for the Lunch ID card and the food blows anyway.

Rice Cake
04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Nothing from Sora! is funny.

Just think about the title in a "different" way :p

To stay on topic, maybe I should ditch.......school is getting meaningless....I better not.

mooglebunni608
04-11-2006, 04:59 PM
yes, all the time. It's a lot easier when your homeschooled... XD

Awesomeman
04-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Yes, it is easier when you're homeschooled. Like when you get up from bed and go downstairs for breakfast, and your mom says something like, "Go to school" and you say something like, "fine" and instead of going into the living room, you go back upstairs instead. REBELION!!! Great times:cool:

Resha
04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Never!

But I will next year, because we're allowed out of school then. :D It'll be so much fun.

Hawkeye
04-11-2006, 05:25 PM
I never have any reason to. I try to do good in school, get good grades and all.

Next year, hopefully, I just won't care, but I might just be taking three periods a day, which isn't even worth the effort of ditching anymore.

starseeker
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I have been tempted to bunk school but the closest I got was pulling a sickie when I really didn't want to go in. Next year I'll be in sixth form and escaping at lunchtime will be easy. (at my school only the 6th form can leave for lunch)

SammieBabe
04-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Once in 8th grade because my friends said I wouldn't..Once or twice in 10th and 11th..and then I skipped all the time Senior year...

Yuffie514
04-11-2006, 11:35 PM
i used to do it a few times when i was younger. now they only allow like 3 or 5 absences and then you'll get an audit or be dropped from class.

Momiji
04-12-2006, 03:15 AM
I never have, but cutting class is easy when your Spanish teacher lets you out of class without question if you ask 'May I go to the bathroom?' in Spanish. So you could hide in the bathroom all period and no one would question it. ^_^

Kirobaito
04-12-2006, 03:46 AM
I love all these names for this. Seriously. We just call it "ditching" here, we arent very creative.
We call it "skipping", which is less creative. :p

Uh, I've done it occassionally. Sometimes the teachers count me there anyway. Most of the time they do that, actually.

Hambone
04-12-2006, 04:02 AM
No, but I really put thought into it if there's an assignment worth a chunk of my grade that I didn't do. I'm to chicken to do it.

theundeadhero
04-12-2006, 04:16 AM
One day in April when I was a senior my friend Cher, this other girl, and myself decided to break out of school and meet our friend who was going to break out of her Catholic School so we could hang out. Just before 1st hour we walked out to the parking lot and we were caught by "Gary the Gaurd". He was our school security kind of guy. He said he wasn't going to let us leave because we didn't sign out. Being 18 I could sign out at will, but Cher and the other girl were only 16 so we formed a plan. They waited by the door while I went and signed out. Then I met up with them. I walked to my car, showing "Gary the Gaurd" that I had signed out, while the girls made a break for the sign that said "Northwest High School" in the front yard. It was about halfway between the school and the road. They hid there as I got in my car and started to drive off and then ran towards the road. I met up with them there, they jumped in my car, and we got the hell out of there!

The next day my principle gave me 3 hours of detention or signing out of school for no reason :( Nothing new, really.

That's just one of my many schoolyard jailbreaks.

escobert
04-12-2006, 04:49 AM
I skip everything all the time :p

Giga Guess
04-12-2006, 04:56 AM
All the time in high school. I tried to in preschool, too, but security was tight.

Well jeez...you don't have to run faster than your teacher...you just have to run faster than your friend.