PDA

View Full Version : *twinkle twinkle*

Ki Ki
04-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi! Let's talk about bodies of gasses! (also known as stars)
Tonight there's a full moon! But there isn't a star in the sky. ]:
I would rather have no moon and millions of stars!
I live in a city so there's never any stars! But when I used to live in S.A the sky was full of stars! I miss that! :aimsad:

So, are you lucky enough to have lots of stars in your sky?
And share your star-gazing experiences if you want to!
K? K! :D

Meat Puppet
04-11-2006, 02:45 PM
One time I was looking at the stars and then I saw a shooting star and all my friends were like no you didn't and I said yes I did and then this smelly man came and told me about this star he saw moving around the sky and it turned a corner and he said IT MUST HAVE BEEN A UFO and I thought he was boring so I went to sleep.

Polaris
04-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Well now that you talk about it, I'm pretty damn lucky, coz in my room you can sleep with your curtains open and fall asleep watching the stars... I live far away from the city and there's always some stars, but usually the weather isn't very good (now actually stopped raining) but it used to rain so you couldn't see the stars, but the drops of water falling into the earth of the camps...

Jess
04-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I love stars and space and stuffs like that. I get to see quite a lot of stars when there is clear skies because I live in a village. I live in England though so I don't really know what clear skies are! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ki Ki
04-11-2006, 02:50 PM
IT MUST HAVE BEEN A UFO
Oh! I think I've seen UFOs!
I was looking at the stars once and then one star started moving(it was dead still before) and I was like "wtf o_O" and then another star started moving! And they were moving in swirly patterns!

Avathar
04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I live in the land with the most lightpolution (you can see Belgium completely filled with light at night, when looking from outerspace), so yeah, at night i don't see any fucking stars:cry: , which i dislike a lot:( ....

Ki Ki
04-11-2006, 02:52 PM
but it used to rain so you couldn't see the stars, but the drops of water falling into the earth of the camps...
Hey Divinity! n___n
Remember me?! I don't think so. >.>
Wow, that sounds pretty though. Come to think of it, I've never looked up at the sky while it was raining ... o=

Pheesh
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I live in Australia and not near any of the capital cities. It's rarer to not see stars where I live. Really pretty some nights.

Stay Essential
EE

Resha
04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Mmhm! I love stars. I always looked for Neverland in the wrong place though -- I used to look for the second star on the right instead of the second star FROM the right. :( But I know better now!

Despotus
04-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I live in Australia and not near any of the capital cities. It's rarer to not see stars where I live. Really pretty some nights.

Stay Essential
EE
Yeah, I grew up in the wilderness of northern Michigan. The nearest city of over 10,000 people is almost two hours away. So I know what you're saying, mate. I wonder if the Southern Starscape is just as kick ass as the Northern Starscape...hmm..bet it is.:) I've seen hundreds of meteor showers (shooting stars) and we can even see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) on a clear winter night.

Pheesh
04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
yeah, it gets pretty spekky. We have the milky way and the southern cross down here and you can see venus at night....without a telescope.

Stay Essential
EE

Ki Ki
04-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I've seen hundreds of meteor showers (shooting stars) and we can even see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) on a clear winter night.
Not ... fair ...*jealous* }<
Where do you live? Australia? I shall make it a point to visit there someday and stare at the sky for hours! >:O
I've always wanted to see the Northern lights ...

Pheesh
04-11-2006, 03:13 PM

Stay Essential
EE

hehe.

Stay Essential
EE

Ki Ki
04-11-2006, 03:19 PM

Stay Essential
EE

hehe.

Stay Essential
EE
I knew that! x_o (kind of)
But where in Australia? n__n

Pheesh
04-11-2006, 03:22 PM
west australia. Mandurah, which is about an hour away from Perth.

Stay Essential
EE

Zeldy
04-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Ive never really looked. But like Jess said, Its rare to see a clear sky here in England.

Shauna
04-11-2006, 03:48 PM
It's rare to get a clear sky in Scotland. Damned bad weather! But, when it's a clear night, it's beautiful! :D

I love living on the outskirts of a town. :cool:

Mo-Nercy
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
I live in Australia too, but unlike EE, I live smack-bang in the middle of metropolitan Sydney so the only bright things I get to see at night are the lights from other people's houses.

escobert
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
we have a fair amount of satars at night, more wthe more out of town you get(obviously) there's lots of mountains around me so I don't see as many on the horizon since they're blokced and all.

Luther X-Rated
04-11-2006, 08:02 PM
I can see many stars in my hometown!

Since it's a small town you can see shooting stars perfectly : )

Sometimes I just lay on my roof for hours at night and just watch the stars
It's really pleasant : )

Rye
04-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't see A LOT of stars, but I do see them and I love them. :)

Vincent, Thunder God
04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
(On an only slightly related topic)

Mozart wrote "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" when he was only 5.

Miriel
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I used to seriously wish upon a star. :D

It's very hard to see stars in Los Angeles, but I can usually get a nice view when I'm away from the city in the suburbs.

kikimm
04-11-2006, 11:28 PM
I wish there were more stars around here; I'd probably go out at night to sit in my backyard more often than I do now if there was. :D But just the sky is pretty enough for me so it's cool.

Yuffie514
04-11-2006, 11:30 PM
not very many stars where i live, but that's because i should be out in the country if i want to see them. the pearl in the night is quite alright and the Moon Festival is just a few months down the road.

Mononoke
04-18-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't see that many stars here in Phoenix becuse of the polution.

Shlup
04-19-2006, 06:09 AM
There's a lot of smog here. I think this city is either the first or second smoggiest city in the United States or maybe even the world... I don't remember.

starseeker
04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Where I live at the edge of London you can only see the bright stars. The best stars I have ever seen was when I was on a yacht in a really empty bit of the Turkish coast and I could see the milky way. It was amazing.

Laugh at face of Danger
04-19-2006, 07:53 PM
i love the night sky! i cant wait until my holiday, the skies are aklways so clear and i just love lying by the pool in the middle fo the nigth watching the reflections

Spiffing Cheese
04-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Sometimes there are pretty stars here! One thing I like about Wales is that you can travel twenty minutes and then you are in the countryside and lots of stars are visible! It only works if it's night-time, though. :(