PDA

View Full Version : What can I miss in this game?

Peter_20
04-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I *ALWAYS* feel uneasy while playing RPG:s, because of those damn miss-able items;
so, in order to fully enjoy this game, could you please tell me what items I can miss in this game?

Mirage
04-11-2006, 08:11 PM
The Magical Lamp, aquired from Cid right before leaving on your first mission.
Guardian Forces obtained from bosses. Be sure to check every boss for GFs. Be sure to check NORG after his pod is broken open. You'll know what I'm talking about when the time comes.
The Weapons Monthly 1st Issue, during a Laguna flashback in a laboratory.
Probably a few fighter magazines, but I don't know where to get all of them.

Flying Mullet
04-11-2006, 08:16 PM
You can miss everything in this game. In fact, you can miss this game altogether and not miss anything.

Lychon
04-11-2006, 08:19 PM
You can miss everything in this game. In fact, you can miss this game altogether and not miss anything.
Flying Mullet is in denial that FFVIII is the best game of all time. :D
You know you love it!!

As long as you go through the game carefully and steadily, you'll be fine. The game even teaches you how to play in the first hour or so.

-LYCHON

Flying Mullet
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Flying Mullet is in denial that FFVIII is the best game of all time. :D
You know you love it!!
:p

Xiedo
04-12-2006, 01:11 AM
I think most if not all of the mags can be bought in Disc 3 if you missed any... you'll just have to pay for them.

Mirage
04-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Not the first issue!

Peter_20
04-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks, everyone! :D

However, what about the cards, then?
Are there any cards that I can miss forever?
I heard that I can get every card in the game from some tournament on disc 4, but I still have a feeling that there are some miss-able ones...

DoaJ
04-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I know of no tournament, so yeah. If you refine a card, level 8 or higher, you can never get another. Also, there are some cards that if you dont get when the time is right, it'll be gone...I just canot think of any right now, but I know there are some.

Skyblade
04-12-2006, 04:16 PM
I know of no tournament, so yeah. If you refine a card, level 8 or higher, you can never get another.

Yes, you can. The CC Club will have replacements on Disc 4...

Peter_20
04-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, you can. The CC Club will have replacements on Disc 4......so I can miss almost any card, and still be able to get 'em during disc 4? :)

SeeDRankLou
04-13-2006, 08:27 PM
...so I can miss almost any card, and still be able to get 'em during disc 4? :)
If you do the CC group quest, they'll have all but one. You can also refine them and they'll have a replacement.

The Magical Lamp, aquired from Cid right before leaving on your first mission.
Guardian Forces obtained from bosses. Be sure to check every boss for GFs. Be sure to check NORG after his pod is broken open. You'll know what I'm talking about when the time comes.
The Weapons Monthly 1st Issue, during a Laguna flashback in a laboratory.
Probably a few fighter magazines, but I don't know where to get all of them.
If you have access to Chocobo World you can get the Magical Lamp from there, but otherwise you'll miss it.
You have a second chance to get every drawable GF from the bosses in Ultimecia's Castle, but if you miss them there you can't get them.
You can purchase every Weapons Monthly, even the 1st Issue if you have Tonberry's Familiar. It's available in Esthar for 50,000 gil.
You can purchase every Combat King also, you'll need Familiar to purchase vol. 5.

What you can miss:
Occult Fan III and IV. These do not go on sale with Familiar. But the first two do.
Pet Nametag. This renames Angelo, and there is only one in the game (unless you have access to Chocobo World), in the D-District Prison on the second floor. You only have one chance to go down there.
You can miss every Timber Maniacs if you don't get them by the end of disc 3, they put an entry in Selphie's dedication to Laguna. But they are all available until then.
If you complete the CC group quest, the only card in the game you can miss is the Pupu card, the members will have every single other card in the game you might have missed, lost or modded (even the Queen of Cards' cards). If you didn't however, there are quite a few cards you can miss by not getting them before the end of disc 3. A few that are time specific are Cerberus, Alexander and Laguna.

Those are the only things I can think of that others haven't mentioned.

Mirage
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Ah, familiar is boring, makes it too easy :(. Especially considering you don't need the magazines if you have the right parts.

DoaJ
04-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Ah, familiar is boring, makes it too easy :(. Especially considering you don't need the magazines if you have the right parts.
Well, he never said you had to use it, he just said that those items weren't missable so long as it's aquired.. And on topic, that is hella awesome that I can get those cards from the cc cluc, cuz I never knew that. I have the guide, but it doesnt say anything 'biout that. Thanks man.:cool: