PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Visits?

Luther X-Rated
04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Have you ever had to go to the hospital for an injury or accident?

I went to the hospital three times recently.

The first two were skating accidents, which happened
a few months ago.

Just three weeks ago I went to the hospital for a broken nose.
It healed up pretty good : )

TheBrent
04-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I've broken my left leg once, my right hand twice, and my left hand once. I had my head bashed open with a clock when I was little, and I cut my foot open, and stuck my hands in a fire when I was younger.

Shlup
04-11-2006, 10:28 PM
My doctor is at the hospital so I go there for appointments and stuff, but I've never had to stay in the hospital before.

Cid
04-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I have to go there every day. I work there.

Shauna
04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I've never had to go into hospital for an injury. :D I've had to visit family members in hospital though! :D

Rice Cake
04-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I've gone in to get stiches on my head.......and that one time I got food poisoning.

Jess
I've only had two accidents that resulted in me having to go to hospital. Once when I cracked my head open on a paving slab when I was about 4, and when I was about 5 I fell and smacked my knee of a concrete floor after going down a slide in Charlie Chalks! I think those are the only two times, anyway. :jess:

I've had to have an operation before, but that was on my mouth, and it wasn't because of an accident.

TheBrent
You seem oddly happy about visiting sick people >.>

Faris
04-11-2006, 11:01 PM
No. I don't exactly want to know what it's like to wake up attached to a bunch of machines and a needle in your wrist either.

Luther X-Rated
04-11-2006, 11:15 PM
I woke up with a needle in my wrist. I was on Ivy bag cause I was so wrecked.

I had scrapes and welts on 90% of my body after my second skating accident.

XxSephirothxX
04-11-2006, 11:19 PM
I've had to go a couple times, but never for any serious injury. Once I had a really bad stomach ache as a kid and my parents were worried, and another time I just had a rough case of the flu, or something like that. Considering the Emergeny Room doctors never really did much of anything to help, it was quite a waste of money.

kikimm
04-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't go as much as I used to. I haven't been in for anything serious for a few years now, when I couldn't breathe and had to have x-rays and blah blah blah. When I was a kid I'd go in all the time because my asthma was horrible then, and I often had a pneumonia. :monster:

No broke bones yet or anything.

Avathar
04-11-2006, 11:38 PM
I broke my jaw and my wrists twice.

^_^

SammieBabe
04-11-2006, 11:44 PM
I had to go last year to give birth. Before that, I had to have my appendix out at 18...

Cless
04-12-2006, 12:11 AM
I tore the ligaments in my ankle once. So much for soccer.

rubah
04-12-2006, 01:58 AM
I had to get a piece of rusty hogwire cut out from between my toes.

Jebus
04-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I went to the hospital once because my mom thought my eardrums had ruptured, when it was just a case of Swimmer's Ear.

Other than that, I just had to go to this small clinic for checkups and immunizations.

Momiji
04-12-2006, 02:02 AM
The only reason I've ever been admitted to a hospital was to be born. Thrilling. :rolleyes2

Zeldy
04-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Apart from visiting, I had an operation when I was a baby. The water sack didn't brake, I was born in it and I had water in my lungs (Its meant to be really rare @_@)
Oh and an X-ray on my neck a year ago because I used to get these wierd pains down my neck whenever I ran or moved my head to fast. It was like a hot pain? My PE teacher said I should get it checked out.

Shaun
04-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I remember in Year 9, ages ago, I reached down behind a locker to get something (I can't remember what) and a massive piece of wood stuck right through my fingernail. I was taken to A+E. It was an accident, but not an emergency, and my dad took me there because he was in a hurry.

Then there was the allergic reaction that I got in Year 8. Man, that was bad. I was so red and itchy. Ugh. I still don't know what caused it, but it wasn't too bad if I look at it the other way. I wasn't in school for a while and they had a SNES which I played Starwing on for most of the time! :D

Spiffing Cheese
04-12-2006, 03:31 PM
I broke my arm a while ago and had to spend SEVEN HOURS in Casualty. Oh, god, that was torture. Pure torture.

I had to go to hospital twice a week for about six months when I was ten, to have treatment for eczema, but that was neither accidental nor an emergency. :D

Angellights
04-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I broke both of my arms once :p it was pretty funny, I was swinging on a rope off of my best friend's deck in her backyard and jumped off when I was moving really fast... landed right on my arms X_X. That was when I was about 11 or so, and I had my arms in casts for an entire summer, so it wasn't very much fun....

Rye
04-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I had to go for an ear surgery when I was 6 and when my ear starting bleeding profusly when I was 9.

Druggelz
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Well, I was born in a hospital ^^ (stupid joke I know)

surgery on my eyes

a lot of broken bones (8 or so)

appendix

MRI and CAT scans, some people tought I had a tumor in my head becuase I suffer a lot from migraines

and a lot of hospital visits to friends and family.....

and in August I'm going back in there for another eye surgery....

fantasyjunkie
04-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I went once and it was my fault 100%. When I was a green belt in Karate many years ago we were aways told to block a front kick with a closed fist. Did I listen? Noooooo. I blocked with an open hand and had the tendons broken in one of my fingers. Had surgery and 3 months of therapy plus another 6 months before I could fight again. Did I learn my lesson? YES! :D

Evastio
04-12-2006, 11:38 PM
You guys make me look like a wuss. :(

The only time I've been in a hospital was when I was around 7 years old. I woke up at midnight with a bad cough. My dad drove me to the hospital, then I went back home at 3:00 AM.

Loony BoB
04-12-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm one of those people who have been to the hospital enough to know which wards have the good TVs.

I've been to hospital for many things, including a broken hand, broken ankle/leg (stuck in there for weeks for this one, and had to go back for further operations), testicular torsion, some kind of bad gland thing, multiple asthma attacks, nose-surgery-stuff (I struggled to breathe through my nose as a child) and other such things. Up until the age of 19, I don't think there had been a single year that I hadn't gone to hospital, superclinic or A&E.

Luther X-Rated
04-13-2006, 12:12 AM
There are a lot of strong people here : )

It doesn't suprise me one bit!

lovehurts
04-13-2006, 01:04 AM
I rather not go into it. Lets just say that Ive been there alot....*sighs*
ALOT

Ramza Beoulve
04-13-2006, 01:49 AM
I don't go as much as I used to. I haven't been in for anything serious for a few years now, when I couldn't breathe and had to have x-rays and blah blah blah. When I was a kid I'd go in all the time because my asthma was horrible then, and I often had a pneumonia. :monster:

No broke bones yet or anything.
Me too, but actually my asthma was so bad when I was child, that I lived more in the hospital than in my house when I was little, and my fathers lied to me a lot of times then... now, I hate them so much for that... I hate hospitals, my mother is a nurse, and that makes things worse... so yeah, I have been a lot of times until two years ago, when I get a really strong pneumonia... and right now, if I count all the times near to death I have been, I could say I don't fear death since 13 years ago... only when my girlfriend nearly died one week ago... in that moment, I feared death...

Now on topic, I have been a lot of times in hospital, when I was little, but never for a broken body part n.n, just for asthma n.n