PDA

View Full Version : Manga Artists....

a nirvana fan
04-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey, im currently doing an art project on Manga and anything Manga related, so far ive done some work on Shigeru Miyamoto and Osamu Tezuka. Could you please give me a list of Manga artist? Thanks.

Ballistix Man
04-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Akira Toriyama

a nirvana fan
04-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks, who created Mega Man?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Keiji Inafune, but he isn't a manga artist. Neither is Miyamoto. Their work is certainly manga-related, though.

Lindy
04-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Just do the CLAMP girls, their styles are wide enough to cover a whole project.

XxSephirothxX
04-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Kentarou Miura is really, really good, but most of his stuff isn't school appropriate.

Behold the Void
04-11-2006, 11:40 PM
The CLAMP girls also cover a wide spectrum of jobs in the manga industry.

It really depends on the manga you want to cover though.

a nirvana fan
04-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Ok, thanks a lot! Been a great help:D

Avathar
04-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Masamune Shirow

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Naoko Takeuchi

black orb
04-13-2006, 10:38 PM
>>> Katsuhiro Otomo..

rubah
04-13-2006, 10:40 PM
yuu watase.

I mean I don't know who they are, but I remember reading about someone attending a panel with them at a con once xD

~SapphireStar~
04-15-2006, 12:05 PM
CLAMP girls, Masamune Shirow and Naoko Takeuchi.

Pauten
04-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Eiichiro Oda,
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto,
Shiro Amano,
Hiroyuki Takei,
Kaori Yuki,
Jinsei Kataoka ,
Kazuma Kondou

Polnareff
04-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Hirohiko Araki (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Baoh, Gorgeous Irene, Mashonen B.T., Steel Ball Run) He might not be school appropriate, but that would only be if you wrote about what his individual manga were about, so he should be fine to write about in your report.

Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King, Itako no Anna, Butsu Zone, Funbari no Uta), he's a manga artist with a sort of "hip-hop" style.

KoShiatar
04-15-2006, 02:42 PM
If you want to talk about manga, Osamu Tezuka is an excellent starting point and also so important an artist you just can't ignore him. He influenced hundreds of other manga artists, including Akira Toriyama, who in fact quotes him a lot in his Dr. Slump and Arale.
Then Fujiko Fujio, the duo responsible amongst other things for the creation of Doraemon.
Hayao Miyazaki is mostly known for his animated movies but he also drew beautiful manga, such as Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (yes, it originally was a manga, and much longer and with a different ending.)

Monkey Punch, creator of Lupin the IIIrd.
Ryoichi Ikegami, mostly known for his Crying Freeman.
Riyoko Ikeda, responsible for Versailles no Bara (The Versailles Rose. I think you might know it as Lady Oscar).
Rumiko Takahashi, the female manga artist who created Uruseyatsura (Lum), Ranma, Maison Ikkoku and Inuyasha.
Kia Asamiya, creator of Compiler, Steam Detectives, Dark Angel and many others, who is a notorious American comics lover and drew several episodes for Marvel, including two X-men episodes.
Masakazu Katsura, creator of Video Girl Ai, DNA2, I'S and others. He too is a comic lover and has drawn a Batman episode, I think.
Kosuke Fujishima and his "Ah, my Goddess!"

Twilight Edge
04-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Eiichiro Oda,One Piece
Hiromu Arakawa,Fullmetal Alchemist
Hiroyuki Takei,Shaman King
Nobuyuki Anzai,Flame of Recca and MAR(Marchen Awakens Romance)
Hiro Mashima,Rave Master(If that's what you call it,Malaysians call it Rave[or perhaps the people around me])
Tite Kubo,Bleach
Masashi Kishimoto,Naruto
Kamijyo Akimine,Samurai Deeper Kyo
Ken Akamatsu,Nejima!
Akira Toriyama,Dragonball and Dr Slump

And could someone post a few details on Ozamu Tezuka for me?I'm a manga addict and I have no idea who he is.Like what did he draw for instance?

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Tezuka-sama (as I call him :P) drew Astro Boy, Phoenix, Black Jack (!!), Metropolis, Princess Knight, Adolf, and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. I guess you could say he kinda defined what manga/anime would be like today. Or something. Well, just use this wikipedia article, it's actually very informative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tezuka_Osamu

You could probably do a whole report on Tezuka, if you really wanted to.

Besides Tezuka, my favorite artist of today has gotta be Takeshi Obata. (Seeing as he drew my favorite manga, Death Note, it's not a big surprise.)

Reeno the Alchemist
04-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Nobuhiro Watsuki creator of Rurouni Kenshin!!!!!!!

Avathar
04-16-2006, 12:26 AM
:p I was just about to say that one.

Tohru Fujisawa

Rengori
04-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Just scour the book store's manga section and take down names.

Twilight Edge
04-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Too bad mine's in Chinese.I want to learn more Japanese as a Malaysian,ya know.And thanks Zeromus-X for finally writing our the English name for Death Note's Author!I always wanted to know how you spell it.And yeah,Kenshin kicks ass!Hail to the mangas!

Ishin Ookami
04-17-2006, 05:28 PM
I recommend Rumiko Takahashi. Creator of Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, One Pound Gospel (one of my favorites) Maison Ikkoku (Another one of my favorites) Mermaid Saga, and Inu Yasha. She does a wide range of genre's, mostly romantic comedy. But other themes very such as the martial arts/fantasy factor of inu yasha, or the sheer off the wall wackiness of Urusei Yatsura, Mermaid saga is her taking a shot at the horror genre which was pretty interesting, and Maison Ikkoku is her getting rid of all the fantasy elements and just telling a romantic comedy in real world japan.

Takahashi's strength lies in characterization. She can create literally dozens of characters, yet they all have their own quirks and feel that make them unique and likeable. she Is definitely my favorite author, and is well worth checking out.