PDA

View Full Version : Original Characters - The Branded

Strider
04-12-2006, 10:06 AM
So these are the officially unofficial rough renditions of my characters from the work in progress known as The Branded: Searching for Inhuilion. You can find the story in the Writer's Forum, but these are for arteests!

I'm not very good at drawing, and quite honestly these are the first legitimate (term used loosely) drawings I've attempted in many years. They look a lot better in my mind. :p Anyway, let me know what you think, regardless. And oh yeah, read the story. ;)

Cassandra
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/striderx284/Drawings-theBranded001.jpg

Ian
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/striderx284/Drawings-theBranded002.jpg

Miridith
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/striderx284/Drawings-theBranded003.jpg

Rengori
04-13-2006, 03:17 AM
I'd work on my figure, and the faces too.

lovehurts
04-13-2006, 03:31 AM
You have artistic potential. Keep at it. I can see potential in alot of people that others cant sometimes.

I recommend that you draw things using picky measurements, to get a handle on porportons and such.:D
A human is 8 heads tall
A human male is usually 3 heads wide.
The lip corners meet up with the inner corners of the eyes near the nose's upper half

Ruffly skecth a few faces large, they will probably be off scale and tilted and such at 1st.

Then draw another face, but this time just try to be extra exrta picky as to the portions and facial aspects. Like the face is like 3 eyes long in the eye section...so on and so forth.

Then try some shading.

Ballistix Man
04-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Merdith owns all.

Avarice-ness
04-13-2006, 05:29 AM
You have artistic potential. Keep at it. I can see potential in alot of people that others cant sometimes.

I recommend that you draw things using picky measurements, to get a handle on porportons and such.:D
A human is 8 heads tall
A human male is usually 3 heads wide.
The lip corners meet up with the inner corners of the eyes near the nose's upper half

Ruffly skecth a few faces large, they will probably be off scale and tilted and such at 1st.

Then draw another face, but this time just try to be extra exrta picky as to the portions and facial aspects. Like the face is like 3 eyes long in the eye section...so on and so forth.

Then try some shading.
OH GOD. No no no, I hate the whole scale stuff. Scaling makes me cry, because then I'm all "I NEED A HEAD TO MEASURE ADNSDMGNFDLJKCGN" ; ;...
The way I'm learning figures.. (and this sounds weird and I still do it..)
I became a 'people watcher'.. You know those people who sit at the Starbucks tables and just watch the passer byers and their happiness.. I'd just watch them, learn body language, see how the arms and legs coexist with the rest, sktch some while doing so... and yeah.
As for my faces... I watched to much FMA and my style became a cross of that and my original big eyed style.
You could prolly get an art book first. ^^;;;;; 'cause my method takes to much brain power and imagination. x x;

Strider
04-13-2006, 08:25 AM
See, this is why I'm better at writing than drawing. xD

I appreciate the thoughts, though, I'll keep them in mind if I keep goin' with this.

Twilight Edge
04-13-2006, 06:29 PM
You don't really need measurements in drawing.I drew my whole life and I honestly never scaled.

My method...
Learn and improve on yuorself.Honestly.

First,imagine what you want to draw and scan it into your head.
Then,draw a rough sketch.
Next,Add outlines and colors(if it's a color drawing) to make it take shape.
After that,remove the lines on the rough sketch to make a claer picture.
Finally,add some stylish text.

Honest of all the above.Keep your efforts up,though.

lovehurts
04-14-2006, 04:10 AM
You don't really need measurements in drawing.I drew my whole life and I honestly never scaled.

My method...
Learn and improve on yuorself.Honestly.

First,imagine what you want to draw and scan it into your head.
Then,draw a rough sketch.
Next,Add outlines and colors(if it's a color drawing) to make it take shape.
After that,remove the lines on the rough sketch to make a claer picture.
Finally,add some stylish text.

Honest of all the above.Keep your efforts up,though.

Every artist has his or her own style...or should try to develop his or her own style. I dont use the scaling myself, but I use my own methods, I was just suggesting the measurements that I have memmorized from teachers over the years. Just trying to help. I have my own style though and my own methods to draw and I dont use the scale. I was just suggesting it as my teachers and mentors have. I dont use it though.

Avarice-ness
04-14-2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah.. My method happens to be... which people seem to go all "WHAT?!" at..
Draw the eyes first because for me that's the biggest part. My style is basically color over the sktch, fine lines annoy me. I'm a messy artist. =D

lovehurts
04-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Draw the eyes first because for me that's the biggest part. My style is basically color over the sktch, fine lines annoy me. I'm a messy artist. =D
Im a messy artist too and I start at the eyes too....:D
However my style is different from yours. I LOVE your style though. It's brillant. :D

I like to wear my art though, you should see all my clothes that are artistically stained..I keep and love them all. I can go whole entire days wearing artsy medias on my skin and clothes...:D

When working with charcole or paint it gets everywhere.

I LOVE TO BE A MESSY ARTIST.

Alot of the time I dont even know that I am wearing my art or I just dont care about it .:)

Twilight Edge
04-14-2006, 05:39 PM

Oh you start at the eyes?My eyes are the last because I tend to finsh drawing the whole figure before drawing the face.I start off with hair above the forehead first.And instead of being messy or neat,I'm 1/4 messy,1/4 neat,1/4 complicated and 1/4 simple.

Avathar
04-14-2006, 08:59 PM
:D Usually i work:

65% Messy
5% Neat
10% Complicated
20% Simple

:kaocheer:

Nick Schovitz
04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Gosh you draw as bad as me, which the majority of the people do.

Rengori
04-14-2006, 10:09 PM
For me it depends on the person. If they have a hat, I start there, if they don't, I just start with the face.

Avathar
04-14-2006, 11:05 PM
A face? Usually, from first to last:

1. Neck
2. Facial shape
3. Form of the skull for features
4. hairline
5. Nose and eyes and ears
6. Hair
7. The rest and details

^_^

Avarice-ness
04-15-2006, 03:40 AM
eyes, nose, mouth, out line of the face, neck, shoulders, chest, body, legs, arms, hair and/or hat. :p

I draw the eyes first because if the eyes don't look good the picture won't look good. X x; The eyes decide the whole flow of the picture.

Twilight Edge
04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
For me...

1.hair above forehead
2.head
3.arms
4.body
5.legs
6.face
7.hair at the back of the head.