PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear your shoes in the house?

Roto13
04-13-2006, 01:18 AM
I've been told by various people that Americans wear their shoes in the house. I've also been told my various people that that's a lie. Do you wear shoes in the house?

EDIT: Hey, this screwed up. Can a CK please add a poll for me with the following options?

Question: Do you wear your shoes in the house?

Yes, and I am American
No, and I am American
I wear slippers, and I am American
Yes, and I'm not American
No, and I'm not American
I wear slippers, and I'm not American

Lychon
04-13-2006, 01:20 AM
I live in California, and I do not wear my shoes inside, although some of my friends will keep their shoes on sometimes if they are about to go somewhere. Of course, the majority of us Americans are not as dedicated to the concept of walking shoeless inside our own abodes as the Japanese are.

-LYCHON

rubah
04-13-2006, 01:20 AM
I wear them into the house to take them off, but rarely do I keep them on unless they're house shoes or difficult to get on and off and I need to keep them on.

lovehurts
04-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Im american, and I wear them in the house sometimes. It realy depends. I myself dont find the stero-type fair that we generally wear them in the house:p

However sometimes I do. Or my family does as a whole...

Interesting topic. My brother wears his shoes in the house like all the time, but I don't.

Shoeberto
04-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Generally not for very long. Depends on if I'm going to be lounging or not. If I'm walking in to grab something and then to leave again, obviously I'll keep them on. Otherwise I'll take them off and relax a bit.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-13-2006, 01:25 AM
I am Canadian...no I do not unless I am coming in quickly to grabs something and they are not dirty.

Luther X-Rated
04-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm American, I wear my shoes inside the house sometimes.

I wear them inside my house cause I mostly go outside a lot.
I go inside my house to eat during the day and thats about it.

Rye
04-13-2006, 01:29 AM
I only wear shoes in my house if I'm about to go out or I just got back from outside. xD

kikimm
04-13-2006, 01:39 AM
My friends make fun of me because I never take off my shoes. Ever. I don't think any of them have seen my feet.

Tavrobel
04-13-2006, 01:43 AM
I wear slippers in the house, and usually when I go outside, except to school, in which case, it's dress shoes. It's what happens when you are a first generation Asian living amongst hypochondriac Asian parents.

Miriel
04-13-2006, 01:43 AM
I never ever wears shoes in the house.

Ramza Beoulve
04-13-2006, 01:53 AM
Yes, I wear them all the time (are motocycle boots actually, and they are really heavy), even in my room, I just take it of when I am in bed...

oh, and I am Mexican n.n

Leeza
04-13-2006, 02:00 AM
No, I do not wear shoes in the house and no one else wears shoes in my house either. In the winter I wear slippers because it's too cold not to. :cat:

Roto13
04-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Do CK's even have the ability to add polls, or am I talking to myself in the first post?

Leeza
04-13-2006, 02:08 AM
Well since you've asked so nicely....

theundeadhero
04-13-2006, 02:12 AM
I am American and always wear my shoes, unless it's important to someone that I take them off in their house.

Anaisa
04-13-2006, 02:13 AM
No, I don't wear my shoes in the house, and I demand that everybody else takes their shoes off in my house.

Leucant
04-13-2006, 02:15 AM
I never ever wear my shoes into someone else's house... even if i've known them my whole life. It's rude and i think it disrespects the household that that person has worked hard to build and provide for... that being said i almost always wear my shoes in my house cause i dont give a damn....

Yuffie514
04-13-2006, 02:16 AM
1-A) Americans wear shoes inside homes (even as guests). for real, i had visitors stepping over my carpet, xD.
1-B) Asians do not wear shoes inside home (especially temple) or be beaten to death :tongue: .

2-A) Americans leave their doors unlocked or flung wide open.
2-B) Asians lock their homes, so that's why there isn't a news flash on us being robbed next day.

i am Asian-American, but my mom will cut my feet off if smudge those extra white tiles with the slightest bit of mud.

DeathKnight
04-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Yes and I'm Caribbean American:tonberry:

DMKA
04-13-2006, 02:23 AM
Yes, and I'm American.

XxSephirothxX
04-13-2006, 02:28 AM
I don't have anything against wearing shoes in the house, but I don't do it all that often. I've got pretty flat arches, so my feet tend to get tired/sore after wearing shoes and walking around all day, so generally the first thing I do after getting home is take off my shoes. So if I've got shoes on in the house, it probably means I'm getting ready to leave or have just gotten home. And I'm American. :p

Loony BoB
04-13-2006, 02:36 AM
If it suits me (comfort-wise) then yes, I'll leave my shoes on when home. I don't go out of my way to put them on though - I just keep them on after returning from the shops/work/etc. If I'm home all day after waking up, then I probably won't put on any shoes.

Shlup
04-13-2006, 02:39 AM
I can wear my shoes in the house without feeling like I'm breaking a rule or something, but I generally don't because I prefer to be barefooted anyway. When I was a kid I had to take my shoes off at the door though 'cause my parents got new carpet.

Roto13
04-13-2006, 02:49 AM
Well since you've asked so nicely....
It's difficult to be polite when four different CK's ignore your request. Thanks, though. ;)

SammieBabe
04-13-2006, 03:02 AM
I never wear shoes in my own house or my parents house, unless I'm just running in and out. I'll only take my shoes off in someone else's house if they request that I do, or if I'm really comfortable with that person...

Reles
04-13-2006, 03:13 AM

Maybe 30 years ago in a small city. I've never heard of people doing that these days.

I take my shoes off on a rug once I walk inside. The only time I'll wear shoes is getting ready in the morning and leaving the house.

RSL
04-13-2006, 03:14 AM
I can't stand wearing shoes for very long, so every chance I get I don't wear them. So, I never where them in the house, ever.

Acid Raine
04-13-2006, 03:37 AM
I guess since I am legally American now, I can say it. I only do sometimes. It depends on what feels comfortable at the time.

lovehurts
04-13-2006, 03:50 AM
1-A) Americans wear shoes inside homes (even as guests). for real, i had visitors stepping over my carpet, xD.
1-B) Asians do not wear shoes inside home (especially temple) or be beaten to death :tongue: .

2-B) Asians lock their homes, so that's why there isn't a news flash on us being robbed next day.

i am Asian-American, but my mom will cut my feet off if smudge those extra white tiles with the slightest bit of mud.

....I take my shoes off even when as an american vistior to an american home. You seem to be very opinionated about americans. Everyone needs to be there own character with different opinions though I guess.

Kirobaito
04-13-2006, 03:55 AM
I honestly don't ever worry about whether or not my shoes are in. It's difficult to answer this question. Sometimes I'll wear them awhile before taking them off. Sometimes I'll take them off as soon as I get inside. Sometimes I never take them off.

lovehurts
04-13-2006, 03:57 AM
I honestly don't ever worry about whether or not my shoes are in. It's difficult to answer this question. Sometimes I'll wear them awhile before taking them off. Sometimes I'll take them off as soon as I get inside. Sometimes I never take them off.

Id say that there is the average amercian. It describes my shoe situation to a T.

fantasyjunkie
04-13-2006, 04:01 AM
I hate vaccuming :)

Jess
04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
As soon as I walk into my house, I take off my shoes. I'm not American though. :jess:

Avathar
04-13-2006, 11:51 AM
--Appartment--staircase--hall (take your shoes off)--other rooms--...

^_^

DudeSon2004
04-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Only if their full of muck I take them off.

DynasticJam
04-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I never ware shoes in the house, my mum doesnt like it unless I have new clean shoes so it doesnt mess the carpet. But I generally dont ware shoes. :D

Dark Paladin
04-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I always do even though i'm not supposed to.

Resha
04-13-2006, 05:19 PM
NEVER! It's considered foul in asia to enter homes wearing shoes -- you dare sully my nicely swept home!? :nonono: I do wear shoes in the home sometimes, though, disrespecting my ancestors, my religion, my continent and my parents -- only when I'm being haunted by cockroaches.

:) Like now.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
04-13-2006, 05:21 PM
I never ever wears shoes in the house.

And no, I am not American. :D

Ballistix Man
04-13-2006, 05:21 PM
I never ware shoes in the house, my mum doesnt like it unless I have new clean shoes so it doesnt mess the carpet. But I generally dont ware shoes. :D

Yamaneko
04-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I take them off right when I get in.

fire_of_avalon
04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Hell, half the time when the weather's right I won't wear shoes outside. I also prefer to drive barefoot, which I'm told is illegal.

I am a wild child.

But I love shoes. I really do, they're pretty and awesome. But if I have the choice of wearing them or not, I choose not.

starseeker
04-13-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm British and I tend not to take my shoes off straight away but I dislike wearing shoes all the time and I never wear slippers so walk around barefoot a lot.

Ki Ki
04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Nope. Always, always take off my shoes before going into anyone's house.
And I'm Asian in Asia. It's a Feng Shui kinda thing. :aimsun:
Also, it keeps the floor rather clean and fresh!

Alex151
04-13-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm American and I wear my shoes in my house, when I go into other peoples house I always take them off

Avathar
04-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I also prefer to drive barefoot, which I'm told is illegal.

:D :D I like to do that too! O_o But it's illegal? ....never knew that:D :greenie:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-13-2006, 06:56 PM

Maybe 30 years ago in a small city. I've never heard of people doing that these days.

Actually My Friends does this all the time. I used to come home from School and his door would still be wide open from when he LEFT for school. In the Middle of Winter in the freezing cold thier front door would be wide open all day.

KentaRawr!
04-13-2006, 07:48 PM
I usually take my shoes off when I enter the house. o.o And I'm American.

Zeldy
04-13-2006, 09:56 PM
If I even step into my house wearing shoes my Dad shouts "SHOES" and Im not american.

escobert
04-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Yes always have my shoes on.

Shauna
04-14-2006, 02:27 AM
No, I always take my shoes off! No matter what, it's almost as good as the feeling you get when you take your socks off before you go to bed!

*Not American*

Rase
04-14-2006, 02:34 AM
Generally not for very long. Depends on if I'm going to be lounging or not. If I'm walking in to grab something and then to leave again, obviously I'll keep them on. Otherwise I'll take them off and relax a bit.

Pretty much the same for me.

*American*

Tasura
04-14-2006, 02:56 AM
You dont need to wear shoes if you're a hermit >.> <.< :p But when I do leave, it's flipflops, and they're off when I get home, or shoes if im going to someones house, and off they go unless they tel me to leave them on, though at university i had to wear them all the time, nasty nasty floor >_<.

Faris
04-14-2006, 03:38 AM
My feet are naked! Canadian too.

Mirage
04-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Not in my own house, no. What I do in other peoples houses depends on the local norms of that house.

Avarice-ness
04-14-2006, 06:45 AM
I wear them until I feel like taking them off, most of the time I won't even waste time kicking them off when I come in. I don't like shoes, they make my feet sad. :(