PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Summons in this one?

Seto Fett
04-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Well, I'm not complaining or anything about them, I'm just curious if anyone used them int his one. I don't think there was as many as there was in KH, though they did have some awesome abilities. I didn't use them, though I have been using them now to level up the Summon level. Anyway, so did any of you guys use them in your usual battles, or were they just forgotten?

Zeromus_X
04-13-2006, 01:58 AM
I never really used them in either game, just never saw a use in them. Although Genie is really cool. :)

Btw, where do you get the Peter Pan/Tinkerbell Summon? :confused:

Edit: Oh yeah, Tinkerbell was definitely awesome in the first one. Especially against that ho Kurt Zisa. :eep:

Ouch!
04-13-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm on my second playthrough and I still haven't used a summon. Then again, you're talking to the guy who, on his first playthrough, only used Valor form and even then only got that to level two. I'll probably end up using summons if only to raise my summon level this time around.

Tavrobel
04-13-2006, 02:05 AM
I haven't even touched the "Summon" with my cursor. The only one I'd consider using is Tinkerbell/Peter Pan, and even then, I'm not inclined to. I never used summons in KHI either. They just didn't do anything, and I'd rather have Donald/Goofy than a summon (except Tinkerbell, who doesn't remove anyone, and gives you a free revive)

You get Peter Pan and Tinkerbell in the second time through Port Royal, in a chest in the Interceptor's Hold, I think.

vampirepiggyhunter7
04-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Rarely

DMKA
04-13-2006, 02:11 AM
I used them for a few reasons:

1. To see them.
2. To get the Journal 100% complete.
3. I used Stitch during one of the cups as a cheap way to get points (works great by they way).
4. I used Chicken Little to defeat that one guy with the guitar and the water clones in Hallow Bastion when I was playing Proud Mode. Don't ask me why, but it worked.

Peter Pan would of been useful if the game wasn't so freaking easy. Genie was absoluely useless though. All in all I have to say that the summons were actually slightly more useful than they were in the previous game.

cloud20747
04-13-2006, 02:57 AM

1. To see them.
3. I used Stitch during one of the cups as a cheap way to get points (works great by they way).
4. I used Chicken Little to defeat that one guy with the guitar and the water clones in Hallow Bastion when I was playing Proud Mode. Don't ask me why, but it worked.

Peter Pan would of been useful if the game wasn't so freaking easy. Genie was absoluely useless though. All in all I have to say that the summons were actually slightly more useful than they were in the previous game.

Yeah me too

Acid Raine
04-13-2006, 03:19 AM
No. I used Chicken Little *once*, and once I found out that it uses Drive points instead of MP, I just said "screw it", because Drive Forms are more useful than summons any day.

ehsteve
04-13-2006, 04:19 AM
It looks like I'm the only one so far who actually used summons. Sure, they eat three points of your drive gauge, but it rebuilds fast. However, I only used Chicken Little and Peter Pan once each, not counting that match in the coliseum. My favorite was Stitch, but I used Genie fairly often as well.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-13-2006, 04:33 AM
If the summons were really cool, I'd use them, but given the choice I will always pick Drive over summoning unless I've maxed the levels in all Drive forms.

Acid Raine
04-13-2006, 06:16 AM
If the summons were really cool, I'd use them, but given the choice I will always pick Drive over summoning unless I've maxed the levels in all Drive forms.
Ditto. But Wisdom was such a pain to level up, because I CANT KILL ANYTHING WITH IT!!!! The attack is too weak, and my MP runs out EXTREMLY fast.

FallenAngel411
04-13-2006, 07:09 AM
There is pretty much no point to the summons, besides looking pretty. In the time it takes for me to click the summon icon and choose one, I could have an entire hoard of enemies slaughtered by continuously jabbing the X button.

ffxfreak93
04-13-2006, 07:09 AM
never bothered to use'em lol

GhandiOwnsYou
04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
nah, never saw a point. like fallen angel said, it was kinda pointless to go about the menu while trying to dodge, because in the time it takes to select a summon you've beaten whatever you're trying to kill. my one gripe about KH II, you can't use the right analog to scroll the menu, though i never really used them in KH 1 either.

SeeDRankLou
04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
All the summons are rather useful for me. And it's really easy to max out their levels (since they all share levels) with Stitch, and raises their summon gauge to 9. Chicken Little and Stitch actually help you in battle. Chicken Little will smack the enemy with a ball every once in a while, or he will whistle and call all the enemies into one spot (rather useful). Stitch will occassionally shott the enemy or play his ukulele and make the enemies drop HP orbs. Genie won't do anything to the enemy, but he will restore you MP, which makes him awesome. Peter allows you to fly, but the only the he'll do by himself is have Tinkerbell revive you if you lose all your HP, which is only slightly useful. Genie and Peter Pan's limits however are rather powerful. I use Genie for MP restoration and then dismiss him, and I use Chicken Little to make a pair of Crimson Jazz a bit easier, but I use them the most during the Titan Cup.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-13-2006, 09:27 PM

1. To see them.

same reasons except 4

Spammerman
04-13-2006, 11:08 PM
I use stichtch and ohana ability for points in tourneys and others just to try out and save my life.

Seifer
04-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Chicken Little is great against large group of enemies that usually combo the hell out of you and are generally hard to hit.

Mercen-X
04-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I sometimes used them in KH when I felt like trying something new. I used Genie once in 2 against Demyx and failed during the time limit.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-13-2006, 11:46 PM
wut r all the summons?