PDA

View Full Version : Would it be worth it to actually finish making an RPG Maker XP game?

oddler
04-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Hi. I'm a noobie. I was just wondering if anyone out there is actually interested in playing other people's games that they've created with RPG Maker software. I know a lot of creators get tired of making these games after a short amount of time and they seem to never get finished! :( Also, I HAVE planned a huge storyline with several characters (mostly the evil ones) and over 1000 equippable items with an estimated playing time of about 60 hours not including side quests. If anyone is interested, it would help keep motivation levels up... :D

Thanks

Rengori
04-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Just do this in small doses. But I would recommend using a different engine, RPG Maker sucks.

oddler
04-13-2006, 09:05 PM
What engine do you suggest then...? This is the only series of which I've ever heard mention. I know that there are some people out there that can program entire games without a base like RPG Maker but, alas, I have no skills in that department! :cry:

BatChao
04-14-2006, 03:21 AM
I find that making a game yourself in RPG Maker isn't to show random people, but to show people close to you. It's really fun to give your game to a friend and watch them play something you made. That is honestly the only reward... that and you get some experience in planning out and executing a game yourself, which could come in handy later. But if you're getting tired and aren't really having fun any more, you should take a break from it until you feel like you wanna start it up again. There's no time limit to how fast you have to finish it, so just take your time.

Markus. D
04-14-2006, 03:29 AM
take defined time, and careful when using scripts from others, it has caused my games to be unfixable or just crash seamlessly.

RPG Maker XP is quite awesome ;)

oddler
04-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Has anyone completely finished a game using RPG Maker before that anyone has heard? If so, did they have a team or was it a solo project? And I mean a serious RPG, not something that you can complete in a couple sittings (depending on how long a "sitting" would be... :) )