PDA

View Full Version : is it REALLY that important...

Mitch
04-13-2006, 08:12 AM
... to make jess happy?

the answer is YES

Please see Jess' post below to find an incredibly amazing topic.

Jess
04-13-2006, 12:18 PM
This thread is silly. We already know that the answer to your question is yes! :jess:

Topic: How important is it to you to make people happy?

I love making my friends/family happy. If any one of them are upset I'll talk to them about what's wrong and try and help them come up with a solution, after that I'll try and make them laugh and cheer them up. If I have an argument/upset somebody I instantly feel bad and feel I have to apologise. :p

Rye
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Very important because Jess is a shizz. :heart: And we both have the same name!

I try very hard to make people happy. Maybe a bit too much, but doing little things like making birthday cards, whether it be online ones on PSP7/Photoshop or mailing real ones, makes me so happy because I know that it made someone smile. :)

Resha
04-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Very important! Go go Jessycar~ :D

Loony BoB
04-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I enjoy making people happy but I won't do anything to do it - and if I have to make a person unhappy for any reason, I'll still do it if it really does have to be done. But I do like cheering people up so maybe I make them upset just so I can cheer them up afterwards... :shifty:

But seriously, yeah, I love making people happy, especially those that I hold dear to me, such as best friends and (when I have them) girlfriends.

Shaun
04-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Ah, right. Strange how it seems that only mine was deleted. Well, so no CK gets mad at me, I'll answer the topic.

No, it's not entirely important at the moment. I've got a lot to take care of myself at the moment, and it seems that if I try and help someone, they don't respect the help and hurt me in the process.

Shauna
04-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I try to make people feel happy, but I fail in that area and usually make people feel worse! :D

Loony BoB
04-13-2006, 02:50 PM
*happily deletes more off topic posts* It's either delete all those posts or close the thread. I prefer deleting. I love how people assume that their posts are the only ones that got deleted though. :p Because, you know, all the posts left over were just as off topic oh wait. >=P Anyway, drink your milk, don't do drugs and stay on topic, kids!

Cz
04-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey, the OOC tags! Haven't seen those in ages! That made me happy. :)

Helping others is actually a great way to make yourself feel good, so it's something that people should do more often, in my opinion. The guilt of hurting someone else for your own benefit isn't something I like having, so I try to be as helpful as I can.

Roto13
04-13-2006, 05:07 PM
It depends. I'll do things to help people, or put a lot of thought and effort into a birthday gift or something, but I don't really worry about offending people I don't care about.

I was in a situation recently where someone took something I said completely the wrong way and got really mad. I took a moment to explain to them what I really meant, but they just kinda ignored it. They stayed mad, I didn't bother with it any more. Who cares?

SammieBabe
04-13-2006, 05:10 PM
There isnt many people that I care enough about their opinion to want to make happy. But when I do make those people happy, I am enthralled...:)

NeoCracker
04-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I much prefer making misery than happyness, but thats just because I'm bitter.

Ramza Beoulve
04-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Well, I ever try to get a smile from the people n.n, so yeah, is really important for me make someone happy, even when I'm not happy

Tavrobel
04-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I make misery for all, because it makes me feel better.
I enjoy it to watch other people suffer.
But I'm not evil... I have my limits.

KentaRawr!
04-13-2006, 07:39 PM
If I see the chance, I'll probably take it. Unless it's too "out of my way".

Yuna-Lenne
04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I enjoy making people happy and helping them out and it makes me feel better. But sometimes I try and do something for myself and other people sometimes resent that. If I ever hurt someone, I often end up being more upset about it than them, so I absolutely hate hurting people.

Alive-Cat
04-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Usually I'm at a total loss on exactly HOW to make someone happy, unless I know them very well.

Reine
04-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I dont really try, i just end up doing so..some of the lame ass jokes I make are apparently utterly hilarious to some..

Dreddz
04-14-2006, 06:46 PM
My happiness alwasy come first, and seeing as mine is hard to come by, I rarely make people happy......quite the opposite.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-15-2006, 10:50 PM
I used to try to make everyone happy at once. Now I just try to make everyone happy one person at a time. :D

*Random hug for Jess* See, it works ;)

kikimm
04-16-2006, 01:49 AM
I really like making people happy, but I'm not very good at it. I suck at being comforting, or cheering people on, etc; I'm no good with words. Although once in awhile I do get a stroke of genius and strike gold. This pleases me. And the person I am trying to make happy. :D Hopefully they can appreciate the effort :(