PDA

View Full Version : New details for Final Fantasy III DS

Crossblades
04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2559

Famitsu recently revealed that the remake of Final Fantasy III will use the Nintendo DS' WiFi connection, how it will be used is still unknown, but acocrding to Famitsu, the game will use that feature of Nintendo's handheld.
The magazine also reported that the game is likely to be released in Japan in July 2006, more details about this game are expected to be released during this year's E3 in May.

valentine
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
wifi? awesome.

I myself have another bit of news you all may find interesting, a scan actually. It shows a few of the jobs, and the first official Yoshida Akihiko artwork for the game.

Crossblades
04-14-2006, 02:15 PM
WOW! :eek:

That's an awesome scan(s). Square Enix wasn't kidding when they said that they were gonna make each character look different:)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2006, 06:12 PM
God almighty, it's too beautiful.

Necronopticous
04-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm in love and it's a sunny day.

KoShiatar
04-14-2006, 06:58 PM
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Erdrick Holmes
04-15-2006, 08:15 AM
It looks too much like FFIX.

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 08:38 AM
God almighty, it's too beautiful.

Elpizo
04-15-2006, 09:39 AM
It looks too much like FFIX.
Ehm, so? IX was the best Final Fantasy, IMHO. So if it looks like it, I don't mind, it makes it even better!

Those screens look amazing... Sigh... The horror when you live in Belgium and have to wait a month or six after it will be released in Japan. :rolleyes2

This one will be very good. The detail for 3D on a DS is just amazing.

-N-
04-15-2006, 11:15 AM
That's cool.

Erdrick Holmes
04-16-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry, but I personally couldn't stand FFIX. I felt it was the worst in the series. I don't understand why they couldn't just make it with the same graphics style as FF1-6's ports for the GBA.

Elpizo
04-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry, but I personally couldn't stand FFIX. I felt it was the worst in the series. I don't understand why they couldn't just make it with the same graphics style as FF1-6's ports for the GBA.
Because they want to update the gfx more, so we'll get a completely new feeling of III.
I don't think many people would buy it when they simply ported it and updated teh gfx a bit.
If you don't like 3D, then you're not allowed to like VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, because thsoe are also in 3D, but they just as well could have been in 2D on whatever console that was available by teh time they were made.

And no, IX was not teh worst, although that's personal opinion. You'ne no FF fan if you don't liek FF IX, because IX is what Final Fantasy truly means. That, and it was a throwback to I to VI.

Tavrobel
04-16-2006, 01:27 PM
FFIX probably takes more qualities from FFVI than anything else. Although the Necron theme is more like This is the Final Battle fighting Dark Cloud. Those screenshots DO look alot like FFIX, but that's not really a bad thing.

If your eyes are burning then it is the burn of victory.

Elpizo
04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
FFIX probably takes more qualities from FFVI than anything else. Although the Necron theme is more like This is the Final Battle fighting Dark Cloud. Those screenshots DO look alot like FFIX, but that's not really a bad thing.

If your eyes are burning then it is the burn of victory.
That's not a bad thing, considering that Cloud of Darkness was the first Final Boss to have it's own Battle Music. So that was anotehr throwback to the older FF's, when the ycomposed Necron's theme.

Carmilla
04-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Im still standing by my opinion that the battle camera angles and towns, etc look like Golden Sun. :p

Anyways, i cant wait until this gets released though it could be another year away. Its supposed to be released in Japan in July so im guessing a December 2006 - March 2007 US release. :cry:

Markus. D
04-19-2006, 04:36 AM
wow.

the art in that scan attachment looks sort of like FFT.

and the chibi character animations are cute <3

I wanna play <3

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-19-2006, 04:38 AM
wow.

the art in that scan attachment looks sort of like FFT.Same character designer.

valentine
04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Okay so there are now 3 guys and 1 girl. They all have names and individual personalities.

They are, from left to right in the promo image:

Alku, Refia, Lunes (who appears to be the leaser), and Inguz

Also Lunes is apparently the only orphan from Ur (not sure how that will work out) and it's pronounced Loon-es, not Loons

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-23-2006, 12:45 PM
It's been covered elsewhere (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=51249&page=5).

Crossblades
04-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Some new propaganda, along with some that we've already seen

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff3ds/propaganda/ff3dspropaganda042206.html