PDA

View Full Version : Cloud vs. Vincent

Omega_Weapon
04-14-2006, 02:35 AM
I have read Vincent is gonna be the main character. If so, they'll completly screw up FF VII DOC because it was set for cloud. Vincent is cooler, but is this really gonna happen?

Ballistix Man
04-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah. AC was Clouds redemption and DOC is Vincent's.

Crossblades
04-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Where have you been all this time? It's been confirmed ages ago that Vincent is the main character.

tenhitcombo
04-15-2006, 04:17 AM
yer its stupid i didnt like vincent after all u COULD have passed 7 without him

Skyie
04-15-2006, 11:43 AM
His Limit Breaks made him useless in all the Boss Battles too. Its annoying to need a Cure but not get it when he gets uncontrollable.

Rase
04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
I fail to see how using Vincent instead of Cloud screws up the game, especially considering the fact that it's a third/first person shooter.

Jack
04-26-2006, 02:20 AM
I fail to see how using Vincent instead of Cloud screws up the game

So do I, but it appears that some people don't think things through very well.

FallenAngel411
04-26-2006, 03:03 AM
This game was never set for Cloud. If you don't like it, you could always, you know--not play it.

Amaru
04-27-2006, 06:00 PM
DoC was always meant to be about Vincent. It will be delving more into both his backstory, and developing his character. AC was for Cloud.

Tanwen Strife
04-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Vincent has a HUGE following. Him and Sephiroth were the main people two people that have real individual fans. Cloud not so much. It means that the game has an immediate and vehment following in the Vincent fans, so is more likely to sell well. Also Vincent still has a bucket load of mystery around him making it easier to write a story.

Personally I would've prefered a game about Sephiroths rise and fall, but that's just me.

LunarWeaver
04-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Because with Vincent maybe we can see Sephy as a child! 12 year old Sephy aww... Er *cough*

Anyway, Kitase said Vincent had the most backstory left unsaid and was the most interesting character to explore out of the main cast... An interview of some form is on Gamespot.

PontiusPilate
05-02-2006, 02:40 AM
uhh, no, DOC takes place 3 yrs after ff 7 i believe(or AV i forget) but anyway judging from the reviews ive seen of people who played the japanese version, its not doing to well with its reviews averageing at about 7.5/10. FF AV wasn't as great as i thought so i dont have high expectations of Vincents story

valentine
05-02-2006, 03:56 AM
uhh, no, DOC takes place 3 yrs after ff 7 i believe(or AV i forget) but anyway judging from the reviews ive seen of people who played the japanese version, its not doing to well with its reviews averageing at about 7.5/10. FF AV wasn't as great as i thought so i dont have high expectations of Vincents story

What the pickel is AV? Also 7.5 isn't a bad score at all, in fact it was pretty much the average score I figured it would get all a long. None of the games in the compilations are meant to be full fledged rpg sequals. They're just spin-offs, and there isn't neccesarily anything wrong with that.

Plus when the cucumber was the game ever "set for cloud" Don't you think it would eb a bit akward/boring/pointless to have a shooter game where the main character doesn't shoot anything?

LunarWeaver
05-02-2006, 05:02 AM

But during the tutorial he is in his turk's outfit :choc2: Flashbacks to kid Sephiroth or I'm gonna be a pissed! And we all know how much Square hates it when I get mad at them... Their caring is immense.

Swifthom
05-12-2006, 05:58 PM
7.5 out of 10 isnt terrible...
It's not BAD, it's distinctly average, but... well, it's not bad, not by a long shot.
Unless, average=bad for you, in which case only semi awesome is a dissapointment?

PontiusPilate
05-13-2006, 06:13 PM
7.5 out of 10 isnt terrible...
It's not BAD, it's distinctly average, but... well, it's not bad, not by a long shot.
Unless, average=bad for you, in which case only semi awesome is a dissapointment?

you know what? Average doesnt bother me. EXCEPT in this case. This is a follow up to my favorite game. I expect nothing less than perfect.

Rase
05-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Considering the fact that Square's never done a game like this before (at least to my knowledge), I'd say average is pretty good. If you don't like it, don't play it. Problem solved.

LunarWeaver
05-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Well, Squeenix is tweaking it now before bringing it over here, and getting rid of some complaints the Japanese press had with it... Sooo it will probly score higher that a 7.5 on these shores if they do it right. Which is good, since apparently many only like games based on the score it got on a #/10 scale these days.

PontiusPilate
05-14-2006, 12:24 PM
yeah, thank god. i read that like a minute after i wrote my last response

smurph
05-15-2006, 02:07 AM
Does realy matter that it was rated average..the fanboys are gonna get there hands on it no matter what even if they gave it a -7

PontiusPilate
05-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Does realy matter that it was rated average..the fanboys are gonna get there hands on it no matter what even if they gave it a -7

And thats exactly what Square wants. Fuck it were dont need to make it good, just so people buy it. Luckily Square is fixing it though

mooglebunni608
05-15-2006, 06:07 PM
it was always for Vincent. If it was for cloud it woulda been called "Dirge of Buster Sword" or something.

Fynn
05-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, actually, Vincent wasn't meant to be the main character at first. He was chosen later simply because he used a gun. You can go to WarMECH's Domain (www.warmech.net/warmech.html), where you can clerely see, that Vincent is absent form the beta version. Here's an example.

Amaru
05-17-2006, 10:17 PM
That's the beta version of online play (where you could create your own character) not of the main game itself. DC was always meant to be about Vincent.

cloud101
05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
who cares weather cloud isnt the main chrector it will be a nice twist to see some elses personal feelings and good to see things from a aother point of view :)

vampirepiggyhunter7
05-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Where have you been all this time? It's been confirmed ages ago that Vincent is the main character.
Thank you!

Chris
05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Vincent is just cooler than Cloud, so I don't see it as a problem that he's the main character. :eep:

KaakoriX
05-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Vincent is the coolest character in FF7.....if this game wasnt with Vincent well............ how do you have a shooter w/o a character with a gun?????

PontiusPilate
05-19-2006, 01:25 AM
I used to like cloud more, but FF VII AC kinda ruined that for me. So i'll go with vincent

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Vincent is the coolest character in FF7.....if this game wasnt with Vincent well............ how do you have a shooter w/o a character with a gun?????
u could always have barret:rolleyes2

KoShiatar
05-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Accordineg to interviews and articles, they thought a lot about the protagonist for this game, It could have been Cloud, or when it became clear that it had to be a shooter, Vincent or Barret. In the end, Vincent was choosen because his backstory was more deeply rooted into FF VII's unveiled secrets, and because he was far more popular too, I suppose.

PontiusPilate
05-20-2006, 03:25 AM
u could always have barret:rolleyes2

i wouldnt like if it was barret. he's a bit loud and annoying and FF AV made him sound like a drunken mall rat

xenapan
06-05-2006, 03:45 AM
vincent >>>> cloud :P and ive seen some of the FMV stuff.. its good. just the gameplay looks pretty bad.

yeuanmi
06-13-2006, 07:53 PM
cloud is the best:tongue:

Laugh at face of Danger
06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
VINCENT!!!!

*continues to chant his name long into the night*

DarkLord
06-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Vincent always has been the better character, He has an awesome and enigmatic past, aesthetics that would make rival designers cry and they've even tried to make Cloud more like him in kingdom hearts etc.