PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate Junction?

Peter_20
04-14-2006, 06:24 PM
What do you consider the most effective Junction combo?
I think that Triple is reserved for Speed, and Ultima should probably protect against all Elements;
but what about the other ones? :)

boys from the dwarf
04-14-2006, 06:50 PM
if you junction flare to strength its very easy to get to 255 strength. i never bothered getting much ultima. curagas and life and fulll life can easily boost HP to 9999 i use haste for speed because its easier to find than triple. demi is also very good for HP and defence. id you dont collect card you can mod them too easily get 100 quakes and demis for everyone. quakes good for strength at the start of the game and useful for defence. pain is good for status attack and defence. that my setup and it always works.

*~Angel Wing~*
04-14-2006, 06:56 PM
I usually put either Ultima or Flare for strength and HP.

Twilight Edge
04-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Full life/Curaga for HP.Definitely.

Didn't bother much about the others but Pain for status attack,Esuna for status defence.

Lychon
04-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Ultimate junction = APOCALYPSE.

Too bad you have to use hacks to make any use of it before the game ends. :D

-LYCHON

Kyros
04-15-2006, 01:46 AM
I don't remember what I had by the end of the game on what stat, but I do remember my Rinoa was immune to all status effects, absorbed every element, and had maxed out in most stats o.o

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
04-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Status-wise: Pain, Death, Confuse, Berserk

Otherwise, the rest rarely matter to me.

The Last Oath
04-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Assuming all magics are in quantities of 100

HP: Anything that makes it 9999 (Curaga), Spd: Triple
Str: Flare, Eva: Slow or Haste
Def: Meltdown, Hit: Anything good
Mag: Meteor, Luck: I think Aura is good on this
Spr: Full Life,

Elm Def: Ultima
Status Def: Death, Pain, Berserk, and Break or Confuse

Who agrees?

Peter_20
04-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Assuming all magics are in quantities of 100

HP: Anything that makes it 9999 (Curaga), Spd: Triple
Str: Flare, Eva: Slow or Haste
Def: Meltdown, Hit: Anything good
Mag: Meteor, Luck: I think Aura is good on this
Spr: Full Life,

Elm Def: Ultima
Status Def: Death, Pain, Berserk, and Break or Confuse

Who agrees?Well, it looks good, but I always put stuff like Esuna, Protect and Shell to my Status Defense. :)

The Last Oath
04-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah, probably that, i've never tried that though, i like to have 100% defense on one rather than 50% on many

rubah
04-17-2006, 11:49 PM
I'll have to fire up ff8, as all my notecards on the subject have disappeared xD

Never mind, as my ff8 memory card seems to have vanished. Oh this is going to make me irate.

TheSpoonyBard
04-18-2006, 01:14 PM
HP: Full-Life/Holy
Str: Meteor
Vit: Meltdown
Mag: Holy/Anything
Spr: Reflect/Full-Life
Spd: Triple
Eva: Tornado
Hit: Double
Luck: Aura

Elem-Defx4: Life, Protect, Shell, Flare
ST-Defx4: Pain, Confuse, Berserk, Death/Sleep

Substitute Ultima for anything that is lacking. Don't put it on Elem-Def.

boys from the dwarf
04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
if you can get very high stats without using ultima (which isnt too hard.) you can junction pain and ultima to either status attack or defense to be near 100% immune to every statys effect or attack with every nearly every staus effect on the game. also junctioning a lot of death to status attack before the parts where most enemys are immune can be just as effective as every status effect on the game.

Ultima Shadow
04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Ultimate super fire Juntioning:

HP: Fire!!!
Str: Fire!!!
Vit: Fire!!!
Everything else: Fire!!!

Laugh at face of Danger
04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Meteor on Strength, Ultima on magic, Full Life on HP, Pain on status def and if i'm lazy, death on status attack

hey! Ultima Shadow.... what about fira?!

Jesta
04-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Yeah, probably that, i've never tried that though, i like to have 100% defense on one rather than 50% on many

why though?? if you've got 50% on everything, thats less damage you take overall. if you have 100% on one then you leave yourself open to every other type of attack.

The Last Oath
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
not ONE, the minuim is 3, plus pain which is 4

Captain Maxx Power
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Ultimate super fire Juntioning:

HP: Fire!!!
Str: Fire!!!
Vit: Fire!!!
Everything else: Fire!!!

Usually I'd claim the axiom "Fire cures all", but what if one goes against anything based on Fire? Also, how can one get more than one Fire junction? Nah this ain't right, this right not one bit none.

rubah
04-24-2006, 10:48 PM
why though?? if you've got 50% on everything, thats less damage you take overall. if you have 100% on one then you leave yourself open to every other type of attack.
With status attacks, unless you have full protection, the odds always seem to favor the monsters.

With elementals, there's more fire than anything else, and more things are susceptible to blizzard, so it makes sense to junction those. You rarely run into monsters dealing poison or holy damage.

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Man...I just got the cheats out to see what would happen if I made my luck super high...and it is wierd...I hope it doesn't affect Odin/Gilgamesh...

anyways
HP: Curaga...somethin like that
Str: Aura/Quake
Speed: Haste
Hit: Triple
Magic/Spr/Vit: whatever the tutorial says...haven't found anything better...
Elemental Defense: 100 ultimas to your entire party makes ultimecia's servants quite easy. and full life too for extra absorbency!
Elemental Attack: Holy
Status Defense: Pain, and anything else it doesn't cover with STx4
Status Attack: Zombie. Zombie and Recover/Revive...awesome

The junction system makes everything so easy, I didn't even look at the gameshark...usually i just look to see what there is at least...

TheSpoonyBard
04-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Man...I just got the cheats out to see what would happen if I made my luck super high...and it is weird...I hope it doesn't affect Odin/Gilgamesh...
Luck does not affect Odin and Gilgamesh. Luck affects is the critical hit rate of the characters (all except Squall and Seifer) and possibly Hit and Eva.

farplaner
04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
I always junction Ultima to elem. def. (after I get enough of them) It's about efficiency. One spell takes care of many slots...besides it isn't that difficult to get the main stats. (i.e. str., def, mag, etc. to max) and rarely do you need them maxed anyway. I can't remember all of my junctions, but this post will likely inspire another playthough. I know spells like full-life, triple, death, meltdown, etc. junction really well...

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-01-2006, 01:39 AM
It´s been a while since i played FFVIII i´m gonna check my stats and then i´ll report( i always keep a safe file before the last batle);)

But all my characters were at level 100...even that poor limit breaker Rinoa!

_yeojina_
05-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Str: Flare
Def: Protect
Spd: Haste
Luck: ((Nothing here, I didn't know what it was!))
St Atk: Pain
El Atk: Demi
St Def: Ultima
El Def: Quake
My brother had something junctioned to Rinoa so that when Griever did Shockwave Pulsar, she took no more than 500 damage.

TheSpoonyBard
05-07-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't think Demi can be junctioned to Elem-Atk and Ultima cannot be junctioned to ST-Def.

Your brother probably had Reflect, Full Life or Ultima junctioned to Spr.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Pain to Status Defence (along with Sleep, Confuse and Beserk) and an Auto Haste will almost complete your defence against Bad Breath

One of my best junctions in the game was something like Thundaga-Str which clocked up a total of 255 (without Str+n%)

farplaner
05-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Str: Flare
Def: Protect
Spd: Haste
Luck: ((Nothing here, I didn't know what it was!))
St Atk: Pain
El Atk: Demi
St Def: Ultima
El Def: Quake
My brother had something junctioned to Rinoa so that when Griever did Shockwave Pulsar, she took no more than 500 damage.

Luck, like Endless says, effects critical damage and hit% rate. I think it also effects types of dropped and stolen items, like bahamut's rare item abl. does.

Death or Triple work well junctioned to luck since you use neither spell in your demo.

Reddragon
05-11-2006, 12:57 AM
My junction:

HP: Any magic which will around 5500~5999HP after junction (then I will use HP+80%, ) So, some mid level magic like Regen will be fine

Str: Meteor. Sometimes flare (If that is Squall/ Zell, I will use Str +60%)

Vit: Meltdown of course

Mag: Pain (If that is Rinoa/Selphie, I will use Mag +60%)

Spr: Full-life (Sometimes will use Reflect if I junction full-life to Elemental)

Spd: Triple Evade: I dont know....maybe Tornado/Haste/Stop?
Hit: Blind/Tornado/Quake

Luck: Aura/Death/Ultima (I could raise luck to 12x with Luck+50%, but I dont think thats important after I get all the stuffs I need......)

Elemental: I seldom junction to Elem-Atk. But for Elem-defence: Ultima + life + Flare or shell if I have.

Status-Atk: I have made many tests...... Hope you will like my research (I bet some of you know it already)

For some monsters:
Blue dragon---Death, Blind, Break
T-Rex---------Death, Blind, Sleep, Stop
Grandel-------Death, Stop
Behemoth---Death,Silence/Berserk
Elnoyle-------Death
So I usually junction "Death" to stat- atk (Instant kill). Doomtrain or Diablos maybe a good choice...But takes some time(sorry Im out of topic)

Another monsters like...
Ruby dragon---Sleep
Malboro---Demi <---all status attack immune......Cast demi on it to do 9999hp
Iron ginat--- Blind
Chimera---Blind

starseeker
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I had 100 sleep on one persons status defence and 100 haste on Squall's speed, I think I put flare on strength and ultima on hp but i can't remember.

SHin_KOZuya191
05-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Hp: Curaga
Str: Ultima
Vit: Meltdown
Mag: Triple
Spr: Regen
Spd: Tornado/Haste
Eva: Ditto
Luck: AUra/Death

Meteor, Shell, Protect and Aything elsein elemental
Holy, reflect, pain and something else for good status resists

DON'T put Ultima into resist because with high Spirit you will absorb about 500 HP maximum

Ryushikaze
05-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Elem-A- (optional depending on situation)
Stat-A- Pain ( hits Bio, Darkness, Silence. still optional though, use whatever, so long as it is not already in the list)

Elem-D- Ultima (I know it's hard, but taking no elemental damage period sounds good to me), the other junctions to this category are optional, and likely to be used for absorption

Stat-D- Death (hundred protection from one hit kills) other junctions optional

HP-J- Full Life (4800 bonus, second only to Ultima)

STR-J- Meteor (75 bonus)

VIT-J- Meltdown (80 bonus)

MAG-J- Holy (45 bonus) OR Pain (60 bonus)

SPR-J- Curaga (65 bonus)

SPD-J- Triple (70 bonus)

EVA-J- Tornado (32 bonus)

HIT-J- Blind (30 bonus)

LUCK-J- Aura (40 bonus)

I've had that file on my comp ever since FF8 first came out.