PDA

View Full Version : Besaid Promontony

Forever Fantasy
04-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Why is it that in both FFX and FFX-2, when you climb up the path after leaving Besaid, and see three paths, you CAN'T go down the middle one? Anyone know why?

Miranda

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-14-2006, 08:22 PM
it's just the path that tidus and wakka emerged from after they swam through the water at the start of the game. there's nothing important there but i do wonder why you shouldn't be allowed to go down there?

Tavrobel
04-14-2006, 08:52 PM
It's probably got something to do with the game developers being lazy and not coding a part past the first with Wakka and Tidus.

After you can actually return to the area, if you jumped in, it probably would not change your party, which means the animators would have had to animate underwater encounters for ALL members, which of course, is not possible storywise, nor is there any Save points in this area for at least 4 screens.

Also, the Pirahnas cannot be captured, and if you had a capture weapon, it would catach them. There's no treasure in the water that cannot be bought from stores afterwards.

Also, in the cutscene, Tidus and Wakka don't actually leave the water. They just walk up to the pathway, which suggests this scene was a one time event only, similar to the Salvage Ship (you can't get back on it), and most of Bevelle. You don't actually see your character leave the area, you only see them arrive in the next.

4evarisha
04-15-2006, 01:12 AM
oh thx 4 clearin that 4 me.

Markus. D
04-15-2006, 03:20 AM
I reckon its because of lazyness.

Night_Blade
04-22-2006, 02:27 PM
i think its just a pointless place. when you go to besaid if you want to do swimming go to the ocean.