PDA

View Full Version : New Official Character Art

scooby
04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Here is some new promotional artwork for FFXII that I found while scouting around message boards. There are two pictures: one portrays Fran, Balthier and Ashe and the other Basch, Vaan and Penelo.

A scan: http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ffxiiart28ps.jpg

A larger photo (but the photo cuts off Fran): http://www.ffxii.net/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=365

It seems that the Fran/Balthier/Ashe picture is highlighting the love triangle between the three of them (notice that Bal has his arm around Ashe's waist).

Sephiroths Clone
04-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Good stuff, thanks man.

Love triangle? I doubt it, i think hes just holding on to her so she doesnt fall off :P

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2006, 11:28 PM
That's not artwork. Those are renders.

Ballistix Man
04-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Its a love triangle.

boys from the dwarf
04-15-2006, 10:05 AM
wouldnt be too suprised if it was. balthier seems the type.

scooby
04-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Sephiroths Clone
Love triangle? I doubt it, I think hes just holding on to her so she doesnt fall off :PWell, according to those who've played the game - it's a love triangle. Ashe develops a thing for Balthier, who sort of flirts back - but he and Fran sort of have a thing going on, and it all comes to a head at the dramatic conclusion.
Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
That's not artwork. Those are renders.Yeeeaaah - renders = artwork done on a computer.

Savannah
04-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Well, according to those who've played the game - it's a love triangle. Ashe develops a thing for Balthier, who sort of flirts back - but he and Fran sort of have a thing going on, and it all comes to a head at the dramatic conclusion.Yeeeaaah - renders = artwork done on a computer.

I knew he would end up being a sleaze.

Dr.M
05-14-2006, 04:46 AM
it looks so cool, love triangle ey'?lol, yay! this game is gonna be so fun, haha!

farplaner
05-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Good job on negating the spoiler warning guys :D :D

Fynn
05-14-2006, 02:41 PM
I rather doubt it's a triangle. I think that Balthier is just that sort of ladies-man. While Ashe might have developed a thing to him, I don't think he took her serious. He seems like the flirter type... :eep: What am I saying? I haven't played the game yet! I guess... I just got a bit ahead of myself :tongue:

~SapphireStar~
05-14-2006, 05:04 PM
I was told it wasnt a love triangle because Fran and Ashe are brother and sister.. But I wouldnt mind Balthier having his arm round my waist :D

Millia Billia
05-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok, seriously, mark spoilers please? Or put it in the thread title? I'm going to be extremely annoyed now if I play the game and that's true.

zbonks
05-14-2006, 09:12 PM
man! ashe can really move on quickly seeing as what happened to her in the beginning scenes, if it is a love triangle (sorry i dont know how to mark spoilers, i dont think i spoiled anything)

Khaotic
05-14-2006, 11:32 PM
I think anything in a sentence containing "love triangle" is considered a spoiler, based on those pictures, some people don't want to know anything about the storyline until its released in USA or Europe, and this little detail thats going around in this thread (assuming its true) COULD be a big spoiler.

To mark your spoilers, use this around your selected "spoiler" you're typing.

[*spoiler]This would be where I type my spoiler so others can't see it[/spoiler]

Result: This would be where I type my spoiler so others can't see it

and of course, take out the * - or you could simply make it easier and click on the :eek: , which is the spoiler tag(not the smilies box, to the left of that, and above the message box)

scooby
05-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I was told it wasnt a love triangle because Fran and Ashe are brother and sister.. Uh...you are aware that Fran and Ashe are both female, right?! How could they be brother and sister?! :confused: And they're completely unrelated; they meet each other for the first time in the game, and they don't interact very much.

And guys, it's a love triangle. I've written a lot of stuff about Fran and Balthier's relationship in my "Fran and Balthier" thread, so go there for further reading on the subject (many SPOILERS in that thread, of course - but they're all marked up).

~SapphireStar~
05-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Uh...you are aware that Fran and Ashe are both female, right?! How could they be brother and sister?! And they're completely unrelated; they meet each other for the first time in the game, and they don't interact very much.

Sorry got the names mixed up. No need to have a go. I meant Vaan And Ashe.

scooby
07-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Mods: is this thread too old to post in? Because if it is, close it - and I'll start a new one.

Okay, as the heading of this post announces - I've found the artwork from the first post in much bigger size and better quality.

Fran, Balthier and Ashe (http://oritsuru.com/view.php?page=games/ff12/art/7.jpg)

Vaan, Penelo and Basch (http://oritsuru.com/view.php?page=games/ff12/art/8.jpg)

Pictures courtesy of Oritsuru.

...Balthier...:love:

~SapphireStar~
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Oh yes! Much better, siggie material :D

atlanteay
07-10-2006, 01:44 AM
wow! those are great!!! time to make them into renders:D thanks for finding them!!

!Rikku!
07-10-2006, 04:57 AM
Well first :here are lots of spoilers,SPOILERI'm very sorry that I made this but everyone seemed do out.DONT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW.There is war up between Arcadia Empire that rules Valentia Continent
and the Rosalia Empire that rules Ordalia continent.Between these continents,is small kindom of Dalmasca.And there lives Vaan,and Ashe.Ashe joined to fight against the empire.Heres more about characeters
Vaan 17years old young man.He runned away from his parents and became a sky-pirate.
Ashe,19 the daughter of king Dalmaska.
Fran age(?)Race Viera.She travels the world with
her partner Balthier.
Balthier,age(?)is a sky pilote whopilots a small airship.
Penelo age 15(or 16)lost her parents in Great War like Vaan,whos her good friend.She loves to dance and sing.Lives on bazar.
Basch age(upper 30)Is more mature characeter like Auron
in X or that way...
And i'm not sure is is lovetriangle...But Vaan and Ashe are not sister and brother.:choc2: Because Ashe falls is love with him,or at least I hope so...All from http://www.ff-fan.com:D Luck!

~SapphireStar~
07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
There is war up between Arcadia Empire that rules Valentia Continent
and the Rosalia Empire that rules Ordalia continent.Between these continents,is small kindom of Dalmasca.And there lives Vaan,and Ashe.Ashe joined to fight against the empire.Heres more about characeters
Vaan 17years old young man.He runned away from his parents and became a sky-pirate.
her partner Balthier.
Penelo age 15(or 16)lost her parents in Great War like Vaan,whos her good friend.She loves to dance and sing.Lives on bazar.
in X or that way...
Everyone knows all that. Plus:

And i'm not sure is is lovetriangle...But Vaan and Ashe are not sister and brother. Because Ashe falls is love with him,or at least I hope so...All from http://www.ff-fan.com
Youve not played the game yet, so why assume this and then say you hope it happens? Ridic.

scooby
07-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Well first :here are lots of spoilers,SPOILERI'm very sorry that I made this but everyone seemed do out.DONT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW.There is war up between Arcadia Empire that rules Valentia Continent
her partner Balthier.
in X or that way...
And i'm not sure is is lovetriangle...But Vaan and Ashe are not sister and brother.:choc2: Because Ashe falls is love with him,or at least I hope so...All from http://www.ff-fan.com:D Luck!Not to be a party-pooper...but pretty much the only parts of that information that are accurate are Vaan's and Ashe's ages....

Dynast-Kid
07-19-2006, 12:47 AM
In an interview I read Square said that Vaan and Ashe might fall in love,but not neccesarily with each other...hmmm.I sure hope it's not a love triangle because Fran is my fave character so far and I would hate if Balthier did that to her!

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 12:48 AM
No new Amano artwork? :/ Aw.

Dynast-Kid
07-21-2006, 01:27 AM
Fran & Balthier 4 EVER!!!I'll be damned if Ashe comes between those two!!!

Sorry about the outburst...

Sefie1999AD
07-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Okay, as the heading of this post announces - I've found the artwork from the first post in much bigger size and better quality.

Fran, Balthier and Ashe (http://oritsuru.com/view.php?page=games/ff12/art/7.jpg)

Vaan, Penelo and Basch (http://oritsuru.com/view.php?page=games/ff12/art/8.jpg)

Pictures courtesy of Oritsuru.

...Balthier...:love:

These pictures of the characters look rather great. Balthier and Ashe in that pic look a bit like Han Solo and Princess Leia to me, while Penelo reminds me of FFX's Rikku.

Dynast-Kid
07-21-2006, 01:15 PM
yeah I started a thread about how Penelo reminds me of Rikku

nanakixiii
07-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Love is not really an issue in FFXII. I dunno what you guys are talking about. And yes, I have the game and beaten it couple weeks ago. There is def. something between Balthier and Fran, but it's not really emphasized in the game. Ashe gradually becomes attracted to (or simply accepts) Balthier, but it's not "love," it's merely a platonic kinda thing. (or at least I would say so)

Dynast-Kid
07-27-2006, 04:32 AM
So it's confirmed that it's not a love triangle???