PDA

View Full Version : FF on ps3

Skyie
04-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Well, will there be any on the ps3? Because there will be on the Xbox 360, for sure.

Or is it too early to be speculating?

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 12:44 AM
June 10, 2005 - The latest issue of Japan's Dengeki PlayStation magazine features a short interview with Square Enix executive producer Yoshinori Kitase. Kitase previously worked on Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X and is now overseeing four titles in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series. He also, as revealed in the interview, seems to have a hand in the upcoming PS3 Final Fantasy game.

On that subject, Kitase is first asked to comment on the Final Fantasy VII real-time introduction clip that was shown at the Sony press conference. He reveals that the clip was made just prior to the conference and he, at first, didn't think it could be done. He summoned Koji Sugimoto, the main programmer for Final Fantasy X, and he and his team were able to create the demo in a one and a half month period. According to Kitase, given more time, it would be possible to make a higher quality, better-looking demo. He expresses surprise that, even though they didn't come close to making full use of the PS3 hardware, they were able to get as far as they did.

At the Sony press conference, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada revealed that Final Fantasy would be coming to the PlayStation 3. Questioned about this, Kitase states that he can offer no comment aside from the fact that Final Fantasy is being developed for the system. As a hint, he states that the Final Fantasy VII demo was created with himself as director working with a staff that included Motomu Toriyama, director of Final Fantasy X. He suggests that we imagine something along those lines.

Kitase's closing comments suggest that the PlayStation 3 Final Fantasy game is being developed by some offshoot of the team that created Final Fantasy X. This wouldn't be too surprising, given that Final Fantasy XII is being developed by a group different from those who made FFX and FFX-2.

While details on the PlayStation 3 Final Fantasy are probably a ways off, we expect to learn more about the other Final Fantasy titles at Square Enix's big game event, set to kick off exclusively in Japan on July 30. Of course, we'll, pass on everything we learn to you.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/624/624503p1.html

Check E3 May9-May15 (if I'm right) for more details on SquareEnix's new FF for PlayStation3:meditate:

Vyk
04-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Yeah. EGM just mentioned this. FFXIII, PS3 exclusive, trailers shown at this year's E3. Just like clockwork. I don't see how anyone could have doubted. It doesn't surprise me in the least

Yuffie514
04-15-2006, 07:49 AM
why shouldn't there be any new Final Fantasy games on the PlayStation 3? i don't expect the series to drop dead any time and it's not mainstreaming on Nintendo Revolution or XBOX 360..