PDA

View Full Version : What the heck happened? (The Next Generation)???

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 01:09 AM
How the hell did this game end up in "the next generation"??? It's not even in the PS3:irked: :irked: :irked:

Just because the battle system is different doesn't mean that it's got to be in the NEXT GENERATION:eep: I mean, really FFIX already had this kind of battle system, why did this one make it to the next generation???

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Its the next generation becase it will dictate how the FF games will be made for a while.

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Its the next generation becase it will dictate how the FF games will be made for a while.

Says who? :irked:

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 01:32 AM
It has always been like that.

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 01:39 AM
It has always been like that.

You DO realize that this game is being made by the group that made Vangrant Story right???:irked: and is more of a experimental FF than anything. It's still FF and all but in no way does it signal that this is the way they'll go with it.

It has been confirmed that the Final Fantasy X team is the one making Final Fantasy XIII so I see no reason why they would adopt the Vangrant Story kind of style which is centered in Medeival times with a lock/attack fighting system. I really don't see how they'll follow all of that SPECIALLY when it's another team who's doing the game.

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 01:41 AM
FFXI has a similar system.

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 01:48 AM
FFXI has a similar system.

Similar, but FFXII's system had been done before in Vangrant Story so I wouldn't say that FFXI influenced FFXII's system.

It's ALL a matter of who's doing the game (which FF team amd producer to be more exact)

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 01:57 AM
The story will most definately be different but the gameplay will probably stay pretty close to XII's system with a few changes.

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 02:05 AM
The story will most definately be different but the gameplay will probably stay pretty close to XII's system with a few changes.

I bolded it for you. But the probablity of that happening isn't great. I mean it's a different team, and I don't think they want to spend YEARS and YEARS to make dungeouns like those in FFXII with fiends appearing everywhere and such, I mean like I said, the team that's making the game determines everything really. I'm ALMOST certain that it'll be turned based kinda like X or X-2 since it's the FFX team that's making the game. Anyway, I still don't think that a change in battle system classifies it as next generation.

It's not like FFs are based on battle system or are they? If I remember correctly we don't buy FFs just to fight, it's more about the story and how it's portrayed. This game doesn't belong in next generation.

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 02:11 AM
They are based on story and gameplay. With a gameplay system dramatically different
and a story that nods back to the older games it will be classified as Next Gen.
Also I dont think you will like this game since it has (read at your own risk) A Titanic Type Ending

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 02:24 AM
But there based MORE on story. Anyway, I still don't think it's a next generation game.

theundeadhero
04-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Square Enix has already eluded to several spinoff games that will revolve around the FFXII world and system. Stop crying about it.

Rostum
04-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Does it really bother you that much? How is this going to affect you playing this game and other games? Seriously, get the hell over it, it's not a big deal and nothing to complain about. Sheesh. :rolleyes2

Orophin
04-15-2006, 11:32 PM
How the hell did this game end up in "the next generation"??? It's not even in the PS3:irked: :irked: :irked:

So, for you a new generation of game is when graphics get better? Why should the next generation of FF games start with a new system? It's a new generation because the gameplay is different (and yeah, I think FFXI should be consider a next-generation ff game, it had a different battle system + online play).

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
RPGs should NOT be dominated by their battle systems at all. At least that's what I feel. It shouldn't decide whether a game becomes something or not, I think that the improvements next generation systems give games should classify 'em as next gen. graphics, no voices/voices, etc.

boys from the dwarf
04-16-2006, 11:31 AM
i agree tha RPGs battle systems arent the most important part and the storyline is. i think FF12 will be next generation FF because it seems different to the others storyline wise and it will be the way the next few FFs are written. i think its next generation becausse of differences in gameplay and storyline. which generation it is doesnt have to be decided by which console its on.

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 03:20 PM
I agree with some of what you said. But you guys STILL don't get it, who's making this game? the guy who made Vangrant Story and his team:irked: You think that the guys who are making FFXIII (the producer and team which made FFVII and X) will stray away from their original sense of STORY and their original sense of battle system just 'cause the last one had a completely different battle system?

Like I said before, it's all a matter of who's making the game, and it WON'T be the same guys who made FFXII(thank god).

I really don't see anything new in this game as you say story wise, it looks pretty much like the old FFs (more so like FFIX) and some new battle system.

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 03:37 PM
I agree with some of what you said. But you guys STILL don't get it, who's making this game? the guy who made Vangrant Story and his team:irked: You think that the guys who are making FFXIII (the producer and team which made FFVII and X) will stray away from their original sense of STORY and their original sense of battle system just 'cause the last one had a completely different battle system?

Like I said before, it's all a matter of who's making the game, and it WON'T be the same guys who made FFXII(thank god).

I really don't see anything new in this game as you say story wise, it looks pretty much like the old FFs (more so like FFIX) and some new battle system.
This game is really more of a throwback to FF2. But will keep the battle system.

XxSephirothxX
04-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Maybe it's the Final Frontier.

Sephex
04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
It's been five years since the last real FF. It's the next generation.

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 06:14 PM
It's been five years since the last real FF. It's the next generation.

You're so tr00! Medeival FFs are the r0xxxxorxs:eep:

Elpizo
04-16-2006, 08:01 PM
You're so tr00! Medeival FFs are the r0xxxxorxs:eep:
Medieva lFF's are how Final Fantasy is supposed to be. Not with traisn, technology and guys with Big Swords.
Final Fantasy started as medieval, and should actually stay that way, but, oh, a few changes won't hurt.

And yes, this should be concidered next generation, the battle system is really different from former FF's. The Second generatio nwas different because it came on teh PSX and had 3D (correct me if I'm wrong), now, teh next generation has begun with a new battle system and new stories and all teh other stuff.

Does it even matter what generation it is? Honestly, I don't care, as long as I can enjoy the game to the fullest.

a nirvana fan
04-16-2006, 09:06 PM
FF12 next gen? I dont think so. FF13 will be as its for a next gen console whereas FF12 is still on PS2, its not exactly next gen stuff is it now?

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Its a next generation RPG not a next generation game.

a nirvana fan
04-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Why is it? What makes it next gen? 'cause I would wanna know.

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Anew FF game hasnt been made in 5 years. It has a drastically different battle system.

KH-Cloudy
04-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Wheater its Old generation or new, it doens't matter as long as you enjoy the game.so IT DOESNT MATTER JUST A FREAKING Generation

Dolentrean
04-17-2006, 05:53 AM
if anything makes it next gen its becuase its the next Final Fantasy, not to mention the first FF without the head story designer on bored.

-.- I dont see how this is an important topic, its the next final fantasy and Next Generation sounds better for a bored than... Next Game...

Ramza Beoulve
04-17-2006, 06:47 AM
Yeah, why to freak out about this?

Get over with it, it's next generation because the new battle system (it could also FFXI, but no) and because it will dictate the style for the next games.

Then, if the game style is a success, it will be used in the next ones (even if it is the FFX team, sheesh), if not, it will go back to the known formula.

Thats the real reason of the "next gen", the same happened with FFVII, it was just a experiment to know if 3D graphics worked with the fans, now is time to see if this style of battle system will work with fans.

crono_logical
04-17-2006, 11:28 AM
I thought it was under The Next Generation because I was being funny with the forum names :monster:

a nirvana fan
04-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Anew FF game hasnt been made in 5 years. It has a drastically different battle system.

What do you mean 5 years....FFXI, CC, FFX-2...

eternalshiva
04-17-2006, 04:02 PM
They're making a cheap shot that the last few FF aren't -real- FF and that SE was just pulling our leg and wasting our money. Frankly I'm not sure why people think the last few FF aren't real one =P

Ramza Beoulve
04-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I thought it was under The Next Generation because I was being funny with the forum names :monster:
Yup, and to freak out some other members ;)

Ballistix Man
04-17-2006, 06:36 PM
A regular FF.

boys from the dwarf
04-18-2006, 09:57 AM
people saying its been 5 years dice the last real FF mean that its 5 years since the last good FF. not saying that FFX and X-2 arent FFs just saying that they arent as good.

Markus. D
04-19-2006, 05:08 AM
Final fantasy isnt meant to be medi-evil.

its meant to be Industrial-esc.

crazybayman
04-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Final fantasy isnt meant to be medi-evil.

its meant to be Industrial-esc.
I'm pretty sure they not meant to be either / or. Whether they're industrial-esc like VII, VIII or X (a world that was industrial-esc, but is now in ruin), or Medieval like IX and the early ones, they're still Final Fantasy. XII actually seems to have a mix of medieval and industrial, IMO.

There are loads of other characteristics that make it a final fantasy, like summons, weapons of the same name and type, chocobos, airships, a dude named Cid, etc.