PDA

View Full Version : Love is not a Game!!!!

Blue
04-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Your 16000 miles apart. Youve never met. You've never seen each other. You dont even know what each other looks like. Hes 18 shes 15. The dude says he loves her. The girl says he loves him.

Dude get a life its chat. Your not going to get married and run away to Tokyo together.

I say get a life. Get a real girl that you know or like around the neighborhood stop breaking a girls heart in another country with false beliefs that it could happen.

THINK REALISTICALLY. Long term relationships with people you dont know in real life dont work.

GET A LIFE YOU SAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

This topic was brought up in a recent event through chat. How about we keep it chat.

Luther X-Rated
04-15-2006, 02:58 AM
Well thats a little harsh, but I see your point!

Relationships like that don't really work out.

It's possible though, nothing is impossible!

Agent Proto
04-15-2006, 03:06 AM
The girl says he loves him.

o_O

Anyway, I'm in a long-distance relationship, I have seen my girlfriend before and we met online, and who's saying that this couldn't work?

Ramza Beoulve
04-15-2006, 03:07 AM
This poster is somehow familiar... but if the person in question know the other for a photo, for voice or video, and viceversa, they still can dream with a wonderful world, where they are together.

Where they are happy.

Where they can love each other.

Not matter what, not fathers, not countries, not distance, only love.

Thats what matters guy, and if they know each other through photo, audio or maybe a webcam, then they have all the rights to be in love.

Just, let them be.

Now that my opinion is said, and the topic doesn't really a topic, and he neither is questioning us about the thread, can a CK close this crap please?

Necronopticous
04-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Does this story take place on another planet? I fail to see how you could possibly be 16,000 miles apart from anyone if this is taking place on Earth. By this logic, you're nearly 24,000 miles away from any one of your "neighborhood girls."

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Nothing's impossible, though it's better to get a girl who lives NEAR you. It all REALLY depends on what you CAN or CAN'T do.:meditate:

nik0tine
04-15-2006, 03:14 AM
E-dating is stupid. It's for social outcasts and losers who are embarassed about their lack of ability to get a real girlfriend in real life, so they have to get one on the internet. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Luther X-Rated
04-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Your 16000 miles apart. Youve never met. You've never seen each other. You dont even know what each other looks like. Hes 18 shes 15. The dude says he loves her. The girl says he loves him.

Dude get a life its chat. Your not going to get married and run away to Tokyo together.

I say get a life. Get a real girl that you know or like around the neighborhood stop breaking a girls heart in another country with false beliefs that it could happen.

THINK REALISTICALLY. Long term relationships with people you dont know in real life dont work.

This topic was brought up in a recent event through chat. How about we keep it chat.

I think you might have offended people here Blue.
Relationships like that can work out.
If you choose not to do it then thats fine.

niko it's not pathetic to seek a relationship online. People have pictures and webcam so it's like meeting
them in real life.

Raistlin
04-15-2006, 03:17 AM
I don't understand. Are people on the internet less real?

I agree that dating someone who it is basically impossible ever to see in real life is... immature and naive, at best. However, if it is possible to see one another offline and you plan on eventually being together, even if that isn't for a number of years, I don't see what the problem is with online dating.

Dolentrean
04-15-2006, 03:27 AM
I agree that the chances of things working online are very slim and I think E-dateing should be avoided.

Vyk
04-15-2006, 03:28 AM
I don't see how its actually anyone else's business to judge. Especially the way technology is integrating with everyday life these days. Why push your beliefs on someone else? Are you jealous that someone can attract a girl from another country? Whether you like to admit it or not, its a legitimate form of dating these days (though, not so much dating, per se. But deffinitely hanging out, which may or may not involve feelings of affection)

Shoeberto
04-15-2006, 03:34 AM
I met with my e-girlfriend just this weekend to go to prom together, and we're planning on having her come here this summer for two weeks. I don't see the problem.

nik0tine
04-15-2006, 03:34 AM
I don't see how its actually anyone else's business to judge.Oh come on. It's everyones business to judge. If someone rapes or murders someone, is it not my place to judge them?

I'm not implying that E-dating and rape/murder are of equal severity, but it's the same concept none the less. We judge peoples behavior. Period.

Edit: I really don't care if people get offended by my opinions. I'm not going out of my way to offend you personally. If you think my opinions are offensice, tough /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I think your behavior is offensive.

Luther X-Rated
04-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Oh come on. It's everyones business to judge. If someone rapes or murders someone, is it not my place to judge them?

I'm not implying that E-dating and rape/murder are of equal severity, but it's the same concept none the less. We judge peoples behavior. Period.

Edit: I really don't care if people get offended by my opinions. I'm not going out of my way to offend you personally. If you think my opinions are offensice, tough /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I think your behavior is offensive.

I like that you like to argue niko!

What about webcam?
If people know for sure who they are, isn't it okay?

Khaotic
04-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Umm .. I'm also in a longdistance relationship, been together 1 year 3 months now, we're meeting in a few months, yet it doesn't work? You sure about that Blue?

rubah
04-15-2006, 03:47 AM
I met with my e-girlfriend just this weekend to go to prom together, and we're planning on having her come here this summer for two weeks. I don't see the problem.
http://snowy-day.net/pictures/pr0m/hsubah.jpg

Markus. D
04-15-2006, 03:50 AM
one of my longest friend met a girl online and they started dating.

and they still are, thing is though, they live in the same neighborhood.

Peegee
04-15-2006, 03:51 AM
I agree.

Personally I think > 200 km is too much. In fact I have problems thinking of 150 km apart.

The closer the better. Of course this automatically limits the women/men you choose/limit yourself access to.

But dating somebody on the other side of the continent seems a tad bizarre imo. That's def insane ;p

Moon Rabbits
04-15-2006, 03:59 AM
Hsu, you look alot like my friend Jeremy...and it's actually creepy how alike you look in that picture that rubah posted...

anyway On topic.

It is a little bit of wishful thinking that anything over say two or three towns away could work in the long run, and in another country is definitely a dream that probably won't ever be realized.

The whole online dating scene isn't my thing personally because I have no problem asking girls out (once I get to know them...I'm not usually one to ask girls I've only met a few days before like 3/4 of my school does).

However, I had an experience where I met someone through the internet, but it was a bit different. Why? Because I knew one person in real life, they introduced me to someone over the internet that they knew in real life, we talked, then met, a few months later we dated for a bit, then we went our seperate ways. We did live in the same town, and we met through a mutual friend...so I guess it is totally different from the situation that is being discussed e.e"

Roto13
04-15-2006, 04:31 AM
There are plenty of people in the real world who are worth getting to know. I've met people online for dates, but I was never in a relationship with anyone I didn't see on a regular basis. And the dates always took place in the real world.

Madame Adequate
04-15-2006, 04:39 AM
There are plenty of people in the real world who are worth getting to know. I've met people online for dates, but I was never in a relationship with anyone I didn't see on a regular basis. And the dates always took place in the real world.

I don't get it.

Are you not real?

Am I not real?

Is there any fundamental difference in who we are because we interact through keyboards, monitors, and phone lines, rather than through face-to-face interaction?

If I stick my head out the window, how I am suddenly in 'the real world'? How is that any more valid than saying something online?

I'm not going to deny, internet relationships are a hard thing to maintain, and most don't work out. That doesn't make them invalid, anymore than the fact that a lot of 'real life' relationships don't work out makes them invalid.

Edit: I was in a long-distance (As in transcontinental) relationship for over two years, and most of those were happy times.

Moon Rabbits
04-15-2006, 04:44 AM
I'm not saying it's impossible, and I'm not saying those on the internet are less 'real'.

If you meet someone on the internet/through the internet, and you like eachother, try and make it work..

I'm just sayin' its not my cuppa tea.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Love may not be a game, but Life sure is. A cereal too.

nik0tine
04-15-2006, 07:08 AM
I like that you like to argue niko!

What about webcam?
If people know for sure who they are, isn't it okay?Not really. There is something about being in physical contact with someone that seperates the two. An online relationship is fine so long as people actually visit each other in person on at least a semi regular basis. (and have plan to make the whole distance thing a non issue in the future.)

Dignified Pauper
04-15-2006, 07:14 AM
i think Blue has a great point. I agree with almost all of it, though people who meet online and meet in person later and fall in love once they meet are fine in my book.

Quina
04-15-2006, 07:23 AM
I love you Blue.

nik0tine
04-15-2006, 07:48 AM
i think Blue has a great point. I agree with almost all of it, though people who meet online and meet in person later and fall in love once they meet are fine in my book.

Yuffie514
04-15-2006, 07:54 AM
love works in its own ways, and it can't be constituted by any means such as age, height, or race, et-cetera, et-cetera, but itself.

they could find other means to communicate such as live webcam, telephone and it can all be possible if they are willing to meet up soon.

black orb
04-15-2006, 07:55 AM
>>> Personally I dont like to chat with people and stuff but I dont see a problem with online relationships..

Who cares anyways, people should mind their own damn business..

Yuna-Lenne
04-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I used to disagree with Blue's idea but now, I think I can see a lot of sense in it. There are those who never intend to meet the person, who don't even want to wait a couple of years but go on trying to make the other think that maybe they can (at least till they start liking someone else).
Internet relationships can hurt a person a lot more than one may think, especially when, straight after breaking up, the guy starts to fancy the girls friend and then she gets hurt, says something which hurts him, though she never meant to hurt him, and he decides to cut her out of his life forever.

Mirage
04-15-2006, 11:51 AM
I think a pure text chat is insufficient when it comes to showing emotions. However, nowadays we have video and voice chat too, not to mention phones. It's still not a lot compared to real physical interaction.

I'm not saying it's not real luff when it's purely online, I'm just saying that it's hard to express all your emotions through text. It's easier when you can hear the other persons voice and see her, but still far from the real thing.

I sometimes call people i know online just to hear their voice. That way, I feel closer to the person, cause he or she is more than just words on a screen, I've got a voice to go with it aswell.

Blue
04-15-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm not saying that love cant happen over the net, not saying that at all. I'm not jelouse at all about them getting together online. Many girls like me online:D. but i wouldnt go as far as say that i love them.

I realised that i may have offended people in this but it must be said for my own peice of mind.

Imagine being abliged to go out with someone 1000 miles away when you could be going out with someone that lives more localy.

Good for those have found love and are meeting. But if youve never even seen the person before only talked.

If you think a relationship will work with some you have never met it is nieve.

I aggree this is not impossable but highly improbable.

Especially this goes to if your older saying to a girl who doesnt know better. You should no better not play with a girls heart. Giving them false beliefs that it could work will only hurt them more in the end.

Rye
04-15-2006, 12:54 PM
...However, if it is possible to see one another offline and you plan on eventually being together, even if that isn't for a number of years, I don't see what the problem is with online dating.

Yes, I agree with that. :)

Shauna
04-15-2006, 01:10 PM

Avathar
04-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Love isn't a game, it's a drug. :love:

DynasticJam
04-15-2006, 04:20 PM

And you would know!!!???

Psydekick
04-15-2006, 04:21 PM
who exactly is this thread about?

Crop
04-15-2006, 04:39 PM
E-dating is stupid. It's for social outcasts and losers who are embarassed about their lack of ability to get a real girlfriend in real life, so they have to get one on the internet. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Thats not entirely true.

Blue
I aint naming ppl here. Its not my place. I just dont think much good can come out of it. It's much healthier and better for everyone if you get someone that you know and is close to home or at least within bus distance.

Plus at least you could even hug them if you knew them socially.

Lost Number
My views

Meeting someone on the internet, people instinctively create an image of the person. Their ‘avatar’, behaviour, form of speech, all contributes to this. Most examples of “internet love” fall apart when people begin to realize that they have only fallen for the residual image of the person. In time this becomes apparent. The reason why people create these shields is because the internet fosters a certain sense of invulnerability. This is on both sides. Most people, in fact, view internet people as non-existent. They cannot be seen, so either a stronger mental image is created or the person becomes unfeeling towards the other. This becomes a sort of “game”. Success becomes keeping the other side believing in the ‘game’. Sooner or later one player becomes disillusioned with the game and either come clean or simply remove possibility of contact, although this is rare. The amount of time taken for this to occur is variable. This can come as a shock if the other ‘player’ believes in the game.

argh...

DynasticJam
04-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Well there are more successfull online relationships than there are un-successful relationships, I can tell you that!

Madame Adequate
04-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Everyone saying that "It's ok if they plan to meet up and make it not-online in the future" should possibly realize that, in every single instance I've been aware of, that's a given.

The criticism people are levelling at it are largely valid, but also largely irrelevant because... well... people DO want to meet up in real life. And people DO call each other/voice chat/webcam/etc. Sometimes these things aren't easily achieved (In my case I'd have had to move to another country, which I was perfectly willing to do and would be again if I found someone.) but that doesn't mean they're not on the list.

Ultima Shadow
04-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Love is not a game!!!!
http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1010/248927.1010.A.jpg

Anyways... yeah, e-dating is no good unless you've actually met the person in real life. If you have, though, then I don't see a problem with it.

Gullick
04-15-2006, 09:30 PM
i agree with you Lost Number, until i while ago i saw it as a game too, i was being a lot more successful with girls than i was in real life. but talking to someone has no made me realise that it isnt a game and that you need to treat people you talk to on the internet as you waould in real life. But now ever since i've stopped messing around, i really do think that love can exist over the internet, even though you may never see this person and you live hundreds of miles away.

Pike
04-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Online dating (or any long-distance relationship, for that matter) is extraordinarily difficult and often does not work out.

However, sometimes it does. I've seen it work out for some of my friends, I've seen it work out for some of my family members, and thus far it's working out for me.

Does the fact that I met my boyfriend online a few years ago and the fact that I currently can only see him in person once every few months (if that) make me a sad, pathetic loser with no life and no social skills? Heck, even if it does, I don't care. Because I'm in love with my best friend and I'm happy. Happier than I ever was in any of my other relationships.

Difficult, yes. But in my book, it's worth it to try and make love work, no matter where you find it.

Sephex
04-15-2006, 10:31 PM

We're all posting on a video game message board. I just owned everyone.

LunaticPandora37
04-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Love may not be a game, but Life sure is. A cereal too.

...wow that was deep...can i keep that in my pocket

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I always thought love was a game. A game of the hearts.

DynasticJam
04-15-2006, 11:09 PM
I say let people make their own decisions as to who they want to love! Its no use tring to make them feel like its pointless!

And your right, love isnt a game, love is trust. If you can trust someone, then you can love them!

Yamaneko
04-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Aren't you a loser that needs to get a life for coming on an Internet message board (as a newbie might I add) and denouncing something that doesn't hurt society, instead of just turning off the computer and walking outside, which would follow more logic than spending time in a chatroom?

Anyway, anyone want to cyber?

eestlinc
04-15-2006, 11:38 PM
yea, the circumference of the earth is about 24,000 miles, so if you are 16,000 miles from someone, you need to go the other direction :D

also, it sure takes a lot of courage to come online and tell people you will never see how they should live their lives. thanks for the tip.

BahamutGurl
04-15-2006, 11:44 PM
It would be really hard to meet that person, especially if they live really far away. But let me just say...anything's possible, you could someday meet that person walking down the street! You just never know

-Red XIII-
04-15-2006, 11:49 PM
THAT wouldn't work out for me. There is a big difference between knowing someone and actually being next to them.

Blue
04-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I can see i have highly offended ppl here. I am not saying it doesnt work.
Dont promise things that you cant make sure will actually happen.

I'm sorry bout this. I have a real hard time expressing my feelings on this matter. I was acting more in the way to stop someone being hurt from e-dating.

My apologies for those offended.
I will not pursue this matter any further. I can see i'm fighting a losing battle. And that i... was wrong it can happen and kinda is happening to me..now this is taking guts to admit this...I was wrong it can happen and is possable. I'm finding this out recently.

Thnx for all your veiws

BahamutGurl
04-16-2006, 12:42 AM
It's alright, it's your opinion after all. And what Rye said, I agree with her. It was just you calling them Losers that was pretty offensive

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 12:53 AM
Internet Love (http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/blockedme.php)

Avathar
04-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Great flash: simple, but the music of Weird Al is just that grand.:cool:

But we all know what love is. (http://ckjcwf.ytmnd.com/)

blackmage_nuke
04-16-2006, 03:17 AM
if love isnt a game then why is a guy with alot of it girls called a "player"

Anyways, I dont find a problem with internet dating, even though id never do it myself.

theundeadhero
04-16-2006, 03:32 AM
<a href="http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=fde51e19-af02-4b44-8d98-8824685575a5&">Love <i>is</i> a game.</a>

Hawkeye
04-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Sephex and Yams wins this thread.

And Yams, asl?

Reles
04-16-2006, 07:17 AM
I've been with my boyfriend since I was 12 years old and I am 18 years old now. In February, that was the first time I have met him and the only time I have met him.

If I am such a loser to the point where I am with this man, then so be it. But I was told once that I am capable of having any man I want (I'm sure not every man) because of my looks and my personality, but instead I choose someone who lives over a 1000 miles away. You can pretty much think what you want about me or anyone else who chooses to date this way, but it won't make my methods any less successful than yours.

DynasticJam
04-16-2006, 07:46 AM
I've been with my boyfriend since I was 12 years old and I am 18 years old now. In February, that was the first time I have met him and the only time I have met him.

If I am such a loser to the point where I am with this man, then so be it. But I was told once that I am capable of having any man I want (I'm sure not every man) because of my looks and my personality, but instead I choose someone who lives over a 1000 miles away. You can pretty much think what you want about me or anyone else who chooses to date this way, but it won't make my methods any less successful than yours.

Very well said!

Blue
04-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Look i said was wrong okay..to tell you the truth i wasent thinking straight when i posted this.

once again i am very sorry for any offense occured...
There is no reason that it is not possable.

-Peace-

Elite Lord Sigma
04-17-2006, 07:22 AM
I believe it is possible to love somebody over the Internet, assuming you know enough about the person. But I believe the relationships don't really blossom until you meet in real life.

Lychon
04-17-2006, 07:36 AM
I don't get it.

Are you not real?

Am I not real?

Is there any fundamental difference in who we are because we interact through keyboards, monitors, and phone lines, rather than through face-to-face interaction?

If I stick my head out the window, how I am suddenly in 'the real world'? How is that any more valid than saying something online?

I'm not going to deny, internet relationships are a hard thing to maintain, and most don't work out. That doesn't make them invalid, anymore than the fact that a lot of 'real life' relationships don't work out makes them invalid.

Edit: I was in a long-distance (As in transcontinental) relationship for over two years, and most of those were happy times.

Yeah, I agree with the above quote by MILF. Nikotine, if you don't like these kind of relationships, then don't have one. Society can justify punishing people over murder and rape, but you cannot justify punishing or restricting someone from having any kind of relationship they want with any other consenting, above-age indiviudal.

-LYCHON

Reine
04-17-2006, 09:23 AM
I dont approve of it. I know that it CAN work out sometimes, but I just dont approve of it. Im not going to go out of my way to leave my country to meet a person, even for a short trip, I just dont have the time or money, and I wouldnt want the other too either.

That said, im already in a bit of trouble since a few friends of mine on the net seem to be attracted to me..

nik0tine
04-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Nikotine, if you don't like these kind of relationships, then don't have one. You need not worry.

Society can justify punishing people over murder and rape, but you cannot justify punishing or restricting someone from having any kind of relationship they want with any other consenting, above-age indiviudal.Yes, because I clearly stated that people should be punished for E-dating. :p

I'm going to judge your behavior, just like you judge mine. If I think what you are doing is stupid I just might take it upon myself to say so. Whether or not you cry like a child about it is your business.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-17-2006, 10:35 AM
From personal experience, I can say that long distance relationships are rediculous and pointless. Being in one makes you miserable. I hated it. Never again.

ReniX
04-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Wats the point in internet dating cause you never get to go out or anything its like your sitting on your computer talking to them not knowing there true pesronality. And if you haven't seen them how do you noe there not the same sex as you?? wouldnt that be weird O_o :sweat:Although there is a chance if you've met them a few times...

Yes im 69th poster!

Mirage
04-19-2006, 03:43 PM
From personal experience, I can say that long distance relationships are rediculous and pointless. Being in one makes you miserable. I hated it. Never again.
So you're saying that when I'm being forced to move away from my girlfriend in about 3 weeks, my relationship will be ridiculous and pointless?

Polaris
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM

Yeah u're right we're sad... but u never really thought that in this REAL world are people like me who can't go out with friends and their life is only school!

Mitch
04-19-2006, 05:06 PM
When me and my ex-girlfriend went to different universities, we were living on different islands. Certain things made it impossible to keep up a relationship. I didn't have any direct access to a phone, so I could hardly ever call her. The realtionship had diminished to almost only ever texting each other. That kind of non contact wasn't enough for me so I broke up.

Point being, that sort of relationship is not for me and I would probarbly never try one, but If other people can do it, and it has been proved possible, then I have no problem with it.

Old Manus
04-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Just to summarize:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/cyboration.png

I don't know why I fail at e-love, maybe it's just technique

Laugh at face of Danger
04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
I thought that this thread was gunna be about heart break, but not really! It's harder to have a "true" relationship, because you cant keep tabs on your partners where abouts, like if they cheat they can just deny it! However, i think its quite nice to know that people dont have to meet to fall in love (but that can be countered by someone using a kind of loveable alias and actually being a real idiot or something).

But i think that online dating and stuff is a good way to broaden your horizons, and people can find true love online, it's not impossible

Deathwake
04-19-2006, 07:25 PM
I've tried to do a long distance relationship.
And it S*cked actually everything we did was ''talk''
Trust me i rather have a relationship with a girl in the ''hood'':P

Roto13
04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't get it.

Are you not real?

Am I not real?

Yes. A lot of people, myself included, express themselves very differently online than in person. Hell, I'm horribly boring on the phone.

Miriel
04-19-2006, 07:48 PM
I hope you were kidding with this comment. Cause if you weren't, I think I'm going to completely disregard whatever you post from this point on. Cause that post is just too ridiculous to be allowed.

I didn't necessarily e-date but I did meet my boyfriend online. We didn't get into a relationship until after we met in person but we did talk for months and months before we met so that when we did meet, I felt that immediately comfortable with him.

I don't really think I believe in falling in love with someone before even meeting them. But that's just cause I think to love someone, you need to love all of them, and that includes the physical part of a person. I think you can love parts of a person, their personality, their voice, whatever. But to love someone completely (which is what I think love is) you need to meet them in person and actually have physical contact with them.

My boyfriend lives 350 miles away from me, and it's hard, but it's not impossible.

Raistlin
04-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't really think I believe in falling in love with someone before even meeting them. But that's just cause I think to love someone, you need to love all of them, and that includes the physical part of a person. I think you can love parts of a person, their personality, their voice, whatever. But to love someone completely (which is what I think love is) you need to meet them in person and actually have physical contact with them.
What about, say, pictures or webcamming? You concede that it's possible to love someone's personality or voice (loving someone's voice? :p) through an online relationship, but you can get just as good of a knowledge of their physical appearance via online as you can those other things. I agree that you can't love someone without even seeing them or really talking to them. But a person is first and foremost their mind - which you can definitely get in an online relationship. As long as you're also physically attracted to that person (which is obviously possible online :p), why is love so unrealistic? I'm not saying one way or another, I'm just interested to see your response.

Zeldy
04-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Just to summarize:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/cyboration.png

I don't know why I fail at e-love, maybe it's just technique
Me and Shauna got banned from Habbo

but on topic, a lad from America said if things were different and I liked him he'd fly all the way to England to be with me. That took me by suprise! But that was like 3 years ago ^_^

Madonna
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Aren't you a loser that needs to get a life for coming on an Internet message board (as a newbie might I add) and denouncing something that doesn't hurt society, instead of just turning off the computer and walking outside, which would follow more logic than spending time in a chatroom?

Anyway, anyone want to cyber?I'm all for that, Yamsy. You're the bestest Knightadmin to cyber with!

Yamaneko
04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
:-*

Love is just that extra evolutionary step that makes us human and other species not human. It's primarily used as a device to ensure that a human couple look after the well-being of their young and pass their genes on to the next generation. At the lowest level, love is sex, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't indulge in the pleasurable chemical response it triggers within us.

Gullick
04-20-2006, 02:18 PM
i've been wondering recently if E-dating is morally better than real dating, in chatrooms or whatever you are atrracted to the persons personality and not thier looks (true beauty is on the inside after all ;)). in real life being attrcated by a girls looks has got me into a bit of trouble and has caused quite a bit of pain. When im talking to a girl where there is an almost zero chance that i will see her in real life i kinda prefer to not see a real pic of her so that i can imagine her from the way she speaks.

-Gull-

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
04-20-2006, 07:47 PM
It actually depends on the person, you know. I don't see any problem with Online Dating. My friend's cousin has been having a relationship with this guy in the internet, they met in real life, and they are still together after 1 and a half year. What's the matter with that? Besides, technology is much more better now than before. You can see what people look like with the use of webcam, camera pictures and other advanced devices.

There are times when it seems impossible, but anything can happen. So it actually depends.

Dark Angel From Heaven
04-20-2006, 07:58 PM

im in love with a girl named kara...she lives in the UK. and i plane on seeing this women someday. i love her with all my heart and soul and i would die for her. shes the best thing that every happnd to me and i would not give her up for the world. so i understand......i think people can love on line....i mean, i love her and i would do any thing to be with her. tell the truth....i dont know what id do with out her. she makes every day worth living. she makes me happy....and im glad im with her. even tho we live far awey....are love has no bounds. i love her...so i understand. people can love on line.....

boris no no
04-20-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah, I never was misrable in mine but it seems so much harder and blah
Never again. I would rather get to know someone in person then over a monitor

project X
04-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Online relationships aren't all bad. They can work out if the two people are serious and are willing to limit their contact to talking on the phone and online. Personally, I can't do that.

Old Manus
04-20-2006, 10:48 PM
im in love with a girl named kara...she lives in the UK. and i plane on seeing this women someday. i love her with all my heart and soul and i would die for her. shes the best thing that every happnd to me and i would not give her up for the world. so i understand......i think people can love on line....i mean, i love her and i would do any thing to be with her. tell the truth....i dont know what id do with out her. she makes every day worth living. she makes me happy....and im glad im with her. even tho we live far awey....are love has no bounds. i love her...so i understand. people can love on line.....
That was just...brilliant

Rostum
04-20-2006, 11:14 PM
I hope you were kidding with this comment. Cause if you weren't, I think I'm going to completely disregard whatever you post from this point on. Cause that post is just too ridiculous to be allowed.

I didn't necessarily e-date but I did meet my boyfriend online. We didn't get into a relationship until after we met in person but we did talk for months and months before we met so that when we did meet, I felt that immediately comfortable with him.

Exact same thing that happened with my relationship actually! I basically got to know my significant other through the internet (knowing her from a friend of a friend), and then sparks happened once we started going out to the movies, or just hanging out. =)

Been going for three and a half years now, and I've moved interstate, and it's been really hard (only been a month).

I guess mine doesn't really count, because we've been together for three and a half years, in the flesh. And only recently turned into a long distance relationship... Of course I still think this will make us stronger, but I guess it's not the same situation.

Anyways, what I was posting to say is that I agree with Miriel.

Dark Angel From Heaven
04-21-2006, 12:51 AM
That was just...brilliant
thnx man.....its true....i would do any thing for her. shes the best thing that ever happnd to me. i would give my life up for hers in a heart beat. kara means the world to me...and i cant see my life with out her in it. she makes it all werth wild. yea.....shes the best. lmao i cant stand not being with her..im always thinking about her. im madly in love with her and i have no idea what id do with out her.

SammieBabe
04-21-2006, 01:53 AM
I have to agree with Omecle and Miriel. I met my husband online. We talked online for a little while and then talked on the phone. We also only lived 5 miles apart. After a few weeks of that we met and have been inseparable ever since. We're married and expecting our second child.
We spent our time online getting all the awkward questions out of the way. "What do you do? Are you in school? Siblings? Goals? blah blah blah..." So that way when we met, we already had stuff to talk about and we had none of the awkwardness...:)