PDA

View Full Version : Toughest optional boss in SO3?

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, another SO3 thread. I love this game.

So, yeah, still can't kill Freya. But I can get to the point where she starts spamming Ether Strike, which I suppose is a good thing. :cat:

No Lezard in this game. :mad:

Ultima Shadow
04-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Freya, obiviously. Even Dark Fayt is the second hardest, in my opinion... so it would make a lot more sense to have him in the poll than the pushover Gabriel Celesta. :p

Anyways... Freya is pretty much unmatched. :greenie:

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Crap!! I forgot about Fate! Ugh! Although I always get him with Lucifer...meh. :cat: I can't believe I forgot him. :eep:

Ultima Shadow
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Heh, don't worry. I actually doubt anyone will vote for anyone else than Freya anyways. :p

ps: I've got 170 battle trophies at the moment. Once, I've got 195, I'll unlock 4D mode which means I can start my SO3 challange. :cool:

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Wait...you're still serious?! Oh god, no! I...well, just don't drive yourself insane. :( :cat: I only have 43% Trophies right now...:cat:

Ultima Shadow
04-15-2006, 09:54 PM
All I need to do is avoid getting hit in a 5+ hours battle. ;)

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Speaking of optional bosses and challenges...:cat: (All stuff from Holystar)

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/pictures/SO3%20(JP)%20Secret%20Bosses.jpg

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/pictures/SO3%20(JP)%20Final%20Guide%20Scans.jpg

4,000+ hit combo! :cat:

http://n.ethz.ch/student/dcecile/videos/SO3%20(JP)%204262%20Hit%20Combo.rmvb

God-like character beating FD Freya alone with Maria and getting all these battle trophies at once: “Beat Freya alone”, “Beat FD Freya”, “Win against FD Freya w/o taking damage”, “Win against FD Freya in under 60 mins”, and two other not-so-important ones.

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/pictures/SO3%20DC%20(JP)%20FD%20Frei%20BCs%20Galore.jpg

And some Lucifer trophies: Beat FD Lucifer alone, with a level 1 Sophia. :eep:

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/pictures/SO3%20DC%20(JP)%20FD%20Lucifer%20BCs%20Galore.jpg

Still, you'd outrank all of these if you did what you're planning to do! :cat:

Ultima Shadow
04-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Heh, we'll see if I even get that far. :p It's going to be a whole-game challange, after all. Not just Freya. I'll solo on 4D mode. And when I get the Gusty Bunny, I'm also going to have that brilliant item equiped ALL THE TIME. Man, I can hardly wait. :cool:

I've actually heared that Dark Fayt is harder than Freya when you fight them on 4D, because he's so insanely fast at 4D. So maybe solo him on 4D with the Gusty Bunny will be even tougher than Freya. Oh, man... what am I getting myself into. xD

Ah well... let's not get too much off topic. xD

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Meh, I made the thread anyway. And we are talking about the optional bosses. :cat:

I have heard that FD Fate is tougher. Well, you should probably use an 'Affection Level' faq so that he isn't teamed with Lucifer...:mad: :cat:

Ultima Shadow
04-15-2006, 11:01 PM
True. :p

Well, Lucifer (or Luther as he's called in my version) is Fayt's toughest team-mate, isn't he? Then that's the one I want to fight. I'll have to do it the hardest way possible, you know. ;)

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Well, I always use the Japanese names, it's no big deal.

I just noticed that we're like, the only people who are talking about this. :p Well, I know there's more SO players on these forums...meh.

I actually had a hard time with Lenneth, but I didn't find Ethereal Queen that hard at all. It took a little time, but she wasn't as vicious as Lenneth. :cat:

As for my Freya progress, I've thought of a strategy. Since I bothered to level Fate up to 255, I figured I'd use him instead of Mirage. :p Fate stands in a corner and heals everyone, while using bombs and such. Arbel uses 'Aura Wall' to trip up Freya, while Cliff keeps cranking out the Fists of Fury Cancel Bonuses. At 300%, it does about 12,000 a fist. How many times does Fists hit anyway? Well, it goes to fast to count, for me...:cat:

Well, with that strategy, I can pin her down for quite awhile. "What's that? You want to attack? How adorable! :p" Aura Wall.

Although, after awhile, she will do a counter attack, or Fists is on Minor, and her Star Guard kicks in, if her Fury Shield was at 100%.

I always do well up until she starts spamming Ether Strike. What strategies did you use on her, US? :cat:

Ultima Shadow
04-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, well... Lenneth IS harder than the Ethereal Queen. :greenie:

I actually think Fists of Fury hits about 32 times if all hits connects. :greenie: So... that would mean every FoF on 300% does more than 320,000 dammage, which is a pretty nice amount of dammage. :cool:

Well... all I really remember is that I used Albel, Maria and Sophia. Maria always stayed away from Freya and spammed Energy Burst, while Albel went on Close-Range with his fast close-range minor attacks. And whenever Albel's HP would run low, he would use Vampiric Aura. Also, Albel has a lots of BoP's on his weapon, so his defense was high enough for him to survive atleast 3-4 good hits from Freya. Sophia would just stand in a corner (always on manual, not auto) and cast supportive spells whenever necessary. Also, Sophia would always be ready to interrupt Ether Strike with a Stun Bomb + she was always far away enough to not get hit by Ether Strike, even if Freya would manage to pull one off.

Zeromus_X
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm so dumb. It seems that it hits 20 times. (The combo hit counter's right on the screen! :eep: ) But still, good damage. :P

Ultima Shadow
04-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Only 20 hits? Oh my! If you try to count the hits, it seems like it hits way more. xD

Ah well, atleast that's about 220,000 dammage. :greenie:

Zeromus_X
04-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Yeah, plus the other chains before it, so it's probably a little under a million damage. :cat:

Still, I'll beat that chibi-goddess someday! :mad:

Ultima Shadow
04-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok, it seems like different kinds of enemies gets different amounts of boosted stats. Some gets x10 their normal stats while others only gets about twice their normal stats. So... basically... it will be completely impossible to tell how high Freya's stats will be... but if she gets x10 her normal stats, then I'm screwed. 600,000,000 HP is a bit too much, you know. >_<

Maybe the status boost of enemies depends on the strength of your own characters? Man, it would really help if I could find a guide or something that tells me exactly how the Gusty Bunny works. :greenie: