PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts II: Walkthroughs?

Rizzice
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
I know it was just released, so there aren't many walkthroughs.. I'm using http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/kingdom_hearts_ii_c.txt for now, but I've already found 3+ treasure chests that it hadn't even mentioned and I'm hardly 2 hours into the game. Is there any good walkthroughs that any of you have used before that are better?

I guess I'm the type of person who doesn't like missing stuff on accident xD Perhaps I should have bought the guide (never really bought one before, what kind of info does it give?)

Anyways.. thanks.

Also.. is there anywhere I can find a recap of what happened in Kingdom Hearts 1 (been too long.. forgot what happened)band the one for Gameboy Advanced (i never even played this one >.<).. seems that they're going to be pretty important for understanding KHII.

Thanks!

DMKA
04-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Buy the strategy guide, find it all on your own, or wait. As of now there are no in-depth FAQs online that tell you how to get everything.

But the game has the Journal, so finding everything on your own isn't bad. It's actually rather fun.

Tavrobel
04-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah, it's only been out for month.
GameFAQs is gonna suck right now, but unlike previous FF games of BradyGames (*cough* FFIX *cough*), the Strategy Guide for KHII is excellent and worth using. And don't worry, nothing in KHII can be missed, not even the Roxas stuff. The journal is also good for tracking what you missed.

DMKA
04-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it's only been out for month.
Actually, it's been out for almost four months.

Tavrobel
04-15-2006, 06:03 PM
American version, genius.
If I wanted to count the Japanese release date, I would've said so. Japanese based English FAQs suck, unless you can read Japanese, in which case, those are of the same quality as English version English guides.

DMKA
04-15-2006, 07:26 PM
And there've been English FAQs out for those four months, "genius". You didn't say the American version...you just said "it", "genius".

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 09:02 PM
*uses a bucket of water*

Anyhoo, unlike the first game, there really isn't that much exploring. You even have maps for areas, so exploring isn't all that much in this game. I completed it without an faq, I only used one for finding the Orichalcum+s I missed, and other synthesis materials. There aren't that many treasure chests that are very well hidden anyway...:cat: But yeah, the Brady guide was only $20 at my local game store, so if you really want a guide, I'd go get it. All those ability and item charts, and what-not. Although I'd say it has a very crappy strategy for Sephiroth...

As for a recap, didn't all of those flashbacks at the beginning of the game summarize what happened in the first two games? I never even played CoM, and I have a good idea of what happened. Well, I guess you could always re-play KHI. :P

Go powerful women
04-24-2006, 03:56 PM
I know the online guides suck and I don't want to buy the guide just to find one treasure chest. It is in Twilight Town and it is driving me insane. Anyone have any clues? If there is a semi-good online FAQ or someone who knew the locations of the treasure chest I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and also how to get 5,000 points in the titan cup. Thanks.