PDA

View Full Version : So which FF's are worth my time?

Rizzice
04-15-2006, 10:29 AM
So far I've played just FFX.. I don't think I really want to play FFX-2, I heard it was lousy.. or is it?

I am currently playing KH2, but after I plan on 7 and then 8.. are there any other good ones I should get? Maybe even non-FF ones?

Thanks! :mog:

I feel kinda left out playing KHII because there are so many characters like Vivi that I have no background knowledge of T_T, so hopefully I can get around to eventually understanding the backgrounds of such characters..:moomba:

a nirvana fan
04-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Final Fantasy VII

DMKA
04-15-2006, 01:08 PM
All of them. Especially X-2.

Kyros
04-15-2006, 02:33 PM
I would recommend FFVI and VIII the most since you've already gotten through X. FFVII is the most overrated though it's still an okay game. I didn't like FFIX cuz the characters suck lots, the main villain's never seemed to be worth my time, and the story's nothing special.

kikimm
04-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I believe this goes in here. :D

If you've already played FFX, then just go ahead and play FFX-2, or it might bug you forever. And if you end up hating it, trade it in somewhere and forget that it ever happened. I never liked any of the old games, personally, but you might be different, I guess. Go with FFVI, VII, and VIII. Also FFI, just cause.

The Void
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Play FFVII :D , DO NOT PLAY FFX-2:mad2:

starseeker
04-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Play VI, its a classic. X-2 ruins the ending of X

Ballistix Man
04-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Play VI VII and IX.

Leucant
04-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Play all of them dammit... your not a fanboy if you haven't played them all...even X-2. If you don't know where the series has been and what it's accomplished...then you'll never know where it's going to go in the future.

p.s. FFIX does not have sucky characters

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 10:25 PM
I'd bet you'd like FFIX. It's pretty cool. If you want, you can try out FFVII, and see if you like it. And, provided you aren't a graphics whore, definitely emulate VI, since PS1 has those annoying load times. You may not want to try VIII until you've played some others, some people think it has a complicated customization system. (When it just appears to be, it actually is quite simple.) And, if you tolerate the older games even further, you must emulate FFIII. Unless of course, you can't stand the old-graphics games for whatever reason. :cat:

Crossblades
04-15-2006, 10:40 PM
All FFs are worth playing, but start with the classics. I - VI

DMKA
04-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Play FFVII :D , DO NOT PLAY FFX-2:mad2:

Play VI, its a classic. X-2 ruins the ending of X
You should let him play and decide for himself. I have a higher time than any of the other Final Fantasys on FFX-2. It's worth playing, but you'll never know if you hate it or not unless you play it.

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, play it even if everyone else seems to hate it. (Basically what DMKA said.) I hated it, but I still thought it was pretty fun. You have to at least find something you like about a game. :cat:

Dreddz
04-15-2006, 11:05 PM
FFVII should override your social life mate.

DMKA
04-15-2006, 11:09 PM
FFVII is the only game I'm weary of admitting I love...because when I tell people that it's my favorite game ever (and it is), they immediately think I'm one of the obsessed idiots who never shut up about it.

FF_Chick
04-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Start with 1, then head up to 10-2. It will probably do you better anyway. Plus, I find FF3 5 6 and 9 quite fun.

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Final Fantasy X-2's the my second favorite! after Final Fantasy X:meditate: don't listen to all those FFVII FANBOYS! It's all a matter of how muc you value story over fighting. And whether you accept things instead of whining like a baby "it's not how I wanted it." And if you're one of those "I'm a MACHO man" then don't buy it. And yes I suggest you buy all FFs. I like the newer generation though FFVII-FFXII.

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Final Fantasy X-2's the my second favorite! after Final Fantasy X:meditate: don't listen to all those FFVII FANBOYS! It's all a matter of how muc you value story over fighting. And whether you accept things instead of whining like a baby "it's not how I wanted it." And if you're one of those "I'm a MACHO man" then don't buy it. And yes I suggest you buy all FFs. I like the newer generation though FFVII-FFXII.
Exactly why you should play 7.

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Exactly why you should play NOT 7.

ljkkjlcm9
04-16-2006, 02:30 AM
play them all if you want to be a true fan and experience it all

person before me.... switch NOT and PLAY

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
04-16-2006, 02:40 AM
If you can't get them all and only a few, don't get X-2. Though if you can get them all you might as well, i thought X-2 sucked and never should have been made, but there are a few people who enjoy it so might as well give it a try. same goes for VIII, but not many people share my opinion on that one.

Heero Yuy NWZC
04-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Here is the answer to your question: ALL OF THEM!!! :exdee::exdee::exdee: This is my opinion so everyone leave this alone.

silentenigma
04-16-2006, 04:08 AM
Play VI VII and IX.

Elpizo
04-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Play IX. It's a true Final Fantasy. But you'll apreciate it even more when you've played I to VI, which are all great FF's.

And NO, it has not characters who suck. People who hate FF IX, and like VII, hate IX, because the main character doesn't have a Big Sword. ;) (Kay, it's not always like that, but...)

But even better: play them all.

Rengori
04-16-2006, 08:59 AM
I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX
The ones in bold are the ones you need to play more urgently than others. I italicized I and II because you should only play those on Origins for the Playstation, rather than Dawn of Souls for the GBA.

Lychon
04-17-2006, 04:55 AM
FFVIII (8). It's the best one in the series! Play it NOW!

-LYCHON

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Oh, they also asked for even non-FF ones. Okay, then you have to try anything by tri-Ace. Star Ocean The Second Story, Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Valkyrie Profile, Radiata Stories. tri-Ace may not make that many games, but they'll always be great. (Same thing with Sony's games, it seems.) :cat:

Rengori
04-17-2006, 05:03 AM
In THAT case, Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Dragon Quest VIII, and Phantom Brave are worth your time.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Just so long as you play Final Fantasy Tactics at some point, the rest are fair game. You can expect them to be at least decent.

feioncastor
04-17-2006, 07:13 AM
FF1, FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF9, FF10, FFMQ, and mostly, FFT!

Darth Cid
04-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Garnet: FFIX definitinely, it's recommended you give old-school games(FFI-V) a try first to understand that the sidequests and items in FFIX are all mainly tribute to the past, I'd also recommend you play FFVI thru FFVIII later, because basically those three games pulled away from the way a Final Fantasy works, it went into a bizarre science fiction setting most old-schoolers never could understand, likewise, old-school games and FFIX yield a fairytale setting new school gamers that began playing FF with VII don't understand.