PDA

View Full Version : Cant start wont start

Rkane
04-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Forgive me if this is annoying to anyone.
I have searched high and low in this forum looking for a result but to not luck. I cant find anyone with a similar problem.
I bought a copy of DVD Rom (all the disks on one) but I don't have DVD ROM drive, so I copied the files across 4 CDs, then put the whole FinalFantasy VIII folder back together on my PC.
I have all the files and basic requirements to run it (Pent 3, 128MB/500MHZ, 8 bit card) but when I click on autorun or run FF8.exe it goes to a black screen for a second then back to the desktop.
Basically, I have all the data stored on the discs on my computer instead so I should be able to run the program still shouldn't I?

crono_logical
04-15-2006, 07:39 PM
No :p

It might work if you put the entire DVD's contents and folder structure at the top level of one of your HDs, but I wouldn't recommend it at all as it might conflict with something else, and it might still not work since it might be looking at the CD/DVD drive anyway :p

A better way would have been to create an image of the disc, compress/split it across a few CDs to put onto the computer, then decompress it again so you have the full DVD image (not just contents) on the computer you want to run it on. Then get some DVD drive emulation software like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%, and load the image into one of the virtual DVD drives the software's created, and it will now look like you'd inserted the original DVD into a DVD drive on the computer :p