PDA

View Full Version : University and College Thread of Goodness

White Raven
04-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I attend the University of Toronto, and just finishing up my 3rd year of a 5 year double major program in Environmental Science and Environment and Human Society. Classes ended for me on April 18th, and my exams start this monday at 8pm with my Environmental Law final. And then between now and April 26th, I have three more final exams in Science and Psudo-science Philosophy, Ecosystem Geography and Environment and Resource Managment.

I'm pretty confident with most of the content in all the exams. My study habit for these is usually just studying 2 days max. before each one, cause any more, and I start forgeting it. :P

So how aboot the rest of the post-secondary school students around here? Where do you go, what are you taking, what exams do you have coming up and how will you study for em?

:)

project X
04-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Totally not about college, but I'm taking environmental science in high school. What made you want to major in it?

escobert
04-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I went to Plymouth State University in Plymouth New Hampshire. It was the sux. I dropped out.

EDIT: Raven, nice to see you back again!

White Raven
04-15-2006, 05:05 PM
What made you want to major in it?

Actually, I originally enrolled for a double major in Paleontology and Geology, but I realized after first year, that it would be too specific in the end and if I didn't get into the paleontolgy field, there wouldn't be much else to choose from. So I picked a more broad study area. I enjoy the courses and the materials more and I'm getting better marks, so it's been all for the best thus far. :D

PS: Thanks Bert, glad to be around again too.

:)

DMKA
04-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Went to East Central University of Oklahoma for two semesters and went to Whittier College (a four year private university, even though it calls itself a college) in Whittier, CA for a semester. I don't know when or where I'm going next. My living and financial situations have been screwing everything up, so now I'm just working.

I miss CA. :(

DeathKnight
04-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Some Community College in New York City. Planning to go transfer to a four year college for the fall, maybe a tech. college.

Necronopticous
04-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I attended <A href="http://www.vvc.edu/">Victor Valley College</A> for my first two years and got my associate degree in Computer Information Systems, now I've moved on to <A href="http://www.csupomona.edu/">Cal Poly Pomona</A> where I am pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

Dignified Pauper
04-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Majoring in English at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY! We have to type it in all caps or we'll get kicked out.

Mo-Nercy
04-15-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm in First Year at the University of Sydney and majoring in Sociology.

Shlup
04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I go to California State University, San Bernardino where I'll be getting a BA in Psychology and a BA in Human Development in June. The quarter just started though so midterms aren't for a couple more weeks.

~SapphireStar~
04-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I left college in 2004, was there for 3 years studying media. At Leeds Met Uni now, trying to transfer to Bradford Uni to do Creative Writing and Identiy.

Behold the Void
04-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I'll be going to Western Washington University next year. This year, I'm at Highline Community College finishing up my transferable credits.

Burtsplurt
04-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I went to the University of Wales, Bangor. I've got a degree in Marine Biology.

I'll be at Leeds University from September, studying for a PGCE (teaching qualification). It's cool, because it won't cost me, like, £30 every time I want to go to the cinema.

bennator
04-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm a double major in Chemistry and Philosophy at Northwestern University.

Yamaneko
04-15-2006, 07:47 PM
History major at CSULA. Mid-terms are in a couple of weeks. I'll be finishing up in a years time, hopefully.

Kirobaito
04-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm not in college yet, but next fall I'll be attending Baylor University in Waco, Texas.

Madame Adequate
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll be starting university in September, to read International Relations and Politics. Be going to De Montfort University.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
I went to Plymouth State University in Plymouth New Hampshire. It was the sux. I dropped out.

My cousins are attending the University of New Hampshire. I think one of them was gonna go to Plymouth but ended up not.

As for myself, I attend The University of New Mexico. I am a Media Arts (AKA Film & Animation) Major and a Music Minor in my first year. Not taking many classes other than core stuff and Introductory stuff at the moment though.

Pike
04-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I go to Montana State University. I don't know what year student I am anymore. I spent three years majoring in Media & Theatre Arts (that would be filmmaking) and was a few classes and a senior film away from graduation when I decided I didn't like it.

So I changed my major to Chemistry. Tried that for a semester, it didn't work out.

I'm currently drifting around without a major field of study, or without a clue of when I'm graduating. I'm thinking next I'm going to try Japanese Studies because it's already my minor and it's fairly interesting. By the time I graduate, I'm pretty sure I will have been in uni for 6 or 7 years.

Chaos
04-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I went to the University of Wales, Bangor. I've got a degree in Marine Biology.

Wooooow, my friend goes there...the building she lives in is due to be demolished next year...it has condemned signs on it! :D

I currently go to Ashford School of Art and Design, where I'm doing a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design. I'm applying to go to Falmouth University to do a BA (Hons) In Illustration...I have my interview Wednesday. Eeeek.

Falmouth is cool place....its Kyono's home town. Total conincidence that.

Woop.

escobert
04-15-2006, 10:39 PM
My cousins are attending the University of New Hampshire. I think one of them was gonna go to Plymouth but ended up not.
Cool my little sis goes to UNH.

DMKA
04-15-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm not in college yet, but next fall I'll be attending Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
It was nice knowing you.

eestlinc
04-15-2006, 11:44 PM
I graduated from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music in 2002 with a Bachelor of Music degree in performance. I'm starting law school in the fall, but not sure where yet.

radyk05
04-16-2006, 02:56 AM
law school, eestlinc? awesome!

i study physical sciences at the Univesity of Puerto Rico in Mayaguez. august 2007 i'll be beggining my master degree in curriculum in sciences in the University of Puerto Rico in Rio Piedras *wants to be a physics teacher*

SammieBabe
04-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Currently on hiatus from the University of Central Florida, Hospitality Management program...:)

T-MaN
04-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Yo that's sick, you are probably the closest EoFF member area wise. I go to Ottawa U.
I'm in my 3rd year in Health Sciences, and I got my exams soon...ughh... It'll all be worth it when I go to Med. School next school year.

Caspian
04-17-2006, 03:49 AM
I go to college. I'm a junior.

Jebus
04-17-2006, 03:55 AM
I'm a Sophomore at Missouri State University, where I am a Physics major.

Psychotic
04-17-2006, 04:09 AM
University of Leicester. Economics. I don't know because I haven't looked at my exam timetable yet because I am lazy. By reading various books and taking notes from said books.

It was my second choice. I wanted to study Total Spaceship Guy at CGNU, but I failed the art test. :(

Jimsour
04-17-2006, 04:21 AM
I'll be going to Manchester Metropolitan University in September to do a degree in Politics and Culture. I'll like... update this post when the time comes ;) (joke).

Right now I'm going to a college for further education to get my A levels.

eestlinc
04-17-2006, 04:22 AM
I go to college. I'm a junior.
Oh, but what college do you go to, Caspian? I for one have no idea!

MAS82587
04-17-2006, 04:25 AM
speaking of colleges, i have to choose mine right quick. its down to iowa and northern iowa. ive lived in iowa city (where U of Iowa is) my whole life, and i kind of want to get out of here, but i think iowa is a better school. any thoughts?

Cid
04-17-2006, 08:24 AM
I graduate in June with my BA in History from University of California and I'll immediately start my masters degree in Education.

Anaisa
04-17-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm going to Halton college in September to study fashion design. I'm pleased to see they have a rubbish forum that I can potentially use to make fun of the other students on.

venus
04-17-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm in my 1st year at the University of Sydney majoring in Art Informatics

Levian
04-17-2006, 11:21 AM
http://www.gonorway.no/Vest_Agder/Vest_Agder_kartnorge.gif

That red spot in the bottom. I'll move there this summer. Notice how Norway looks like an el-guitar. :radred:

White Raven
04-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Yo that's sick, you are probably the closest EoFF member area wise. I go to Ottawa U.
I'm in my 3rd year in Health Sciences, and I got my exams soon...ughh... It'll all be worth it when I go to Med. School next school year.

That's cool, I have a few buds that go there. My friends and I from back home went and saw em a couple of months ago, and to say the least, I don't remember much. :P

Levian: I see a fish skelaton.

fire_of_avalon
04-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Sophomore at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, Majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications if I ever get off my ass and go to class.

Staying up til 3AM talking about schizophrenic, catatonic midget clowns with your roommate is not very academic.

Mitch
04-17-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm doing my first year of a BA majoring in Art History and sub-majoring (or something) in French.

I study at Victoria University, Wellington, NZ.

crazybayman
04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I went to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN). I completed a Bachelor of Civil (Structural) Engineering, and am currently working for an offshore oil & gas company here in St. John's. Our program is pretty much the same as Waterloo's Engineering Co-op program, I believe.

University was a $hit-load of fun, we became a very tight-knit class, however many of the profs I had were useless as educators. Ph.d types, who are actually geniuses, but also borderline retards with no social or teaching skills. But I guess that's part of what made this Eng program challenging.

We also had the opportunity to travel for our workterms. There were 6 of them (8 academic terms, and 6 workterms) which provided invaluable work experience. For my last 2, I went to Houston TX, and Leiden, The Netherlands, just outside of Amsterdam.

Anyways, University was great. There's also George Street here, which is like a mini version of Bourbon Street :D It also makes school challenging :p

DeathKnight
04-17-2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.gonorway.no/Vest_Agder/Vest_Agder_kartnorge.gif

That red spot in the bottom. I'll move there this summer. Notice how Norway looks like an el-guitar. :radred:

whoa! that looks like a snake, but cool place to be in Levian, looks pretty cool.

Denmark
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
yes Lev, Norway looks a lot like an electric guitar. i never noticed it before.

I'll be attending Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA starting August 24th. majoring in computer engineering.

Skogs
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm a glutton for punishment - I'm on my second degree. That's right, I'm looking at seven years on undergraduate education. And at least another three if I decide to do a PhD - 5 if I do it part-time!

Finished my first course in Natural Sciences in the UK, where I was for a time at the same university as a certain EoFF bigwig. We never met, but I downloaded some Chrono Cross and FFT off of his PC.

Now I'm on the other side of the planet (Sydney) at Medical School...

Go figure.

Polaris
04-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Where do you go, what are you taking, what exams do you have coming up and how will you study for em?

I wanna go to the 'Faculdade de Letras do Porto' where I'll study German and English modern literatures and I must make portuguese, history, german, sociologye and psychologie exams but only german and english count to get in!
I already make the summaries of all the subjects and now I just read it a bit everyday to memorize it...

Big D
04-19-2006, 03:08 AM
I'm at Canterbury Univeristy in New Zealand, in my fifth year of a Law/Arts double degree.

Exams don't worry me too much; essays are the true stress.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-19-2006, 04:10 AM
I'm just a sophomore in highschool, but I already know what I am doing and where I will go. My junior and senior year I will be doing this program that will allow me to only have to take a year at my local community college, Clark College, to get my Associates in Applied Science for Construction Technology. That will be my fall back in case because I am going to keep going there and begin to get an engineering degree. Once begun, I will transfer to either WSU-Vancouver or Portland State. Wow, feels good to write all that out.