PDA

View Full Version : Final Airship = random encounters?

Peter_20
04-15-2006, 06:20 PM
I heard some theory saying that while flying around in this last airship, you'll still have to deal with random encounters. :eek:

Is this really true? :(
I always loved the airships because they ERASED all those random encounters. :mad:

Tavrobel
04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
It's no theory if it considered true. You only encounter Random encounters in areas that cannot be accessed by the other airships. This shouldn't bother you, because you can't get there in the first place, so be thankful you can even BEAT the game.

Don't think the people at Square would be dumb enough to make you fight level 15 monsters when you are at level 40! That would be a crime... especially since you have free heal ON THE AIRSHIP. The Invincible will destroy the enemies by blasting the enemies with a 3-500 point damage blast at the beginning of the battle. Use a Aero1 spell to get rid of the rest. If that's too difficult, have your White Mage/Shaman attack physically.

And they don't erase random encounters. Airships simply mean that there is nothing TO encounter in the sky. This is an NES game, therefore, is not made for wimps who can't handle a level 15 monster. Not your PSX FFVII, where you get lots of uber-unique items for doing nothing.

People these days.

Peter_20
04-17-2006, 09:20 AM
It's no theory if it considered true. You only encounter Random encounters in areas that cannot be accessed by the other airships. This shouldn't bother you, because you can't get there in the first place, so be thankful you can even BEAT the game.

Don't think the people at Square would be dumb enough to make you fight level 15 monsters when you are at level 40! That would be a crime... especially since you have free heal ON THE AIRSHIP. The Invincible will destroy the enemies by blasting the enemies with a 3-500 point damage blast at the beginning of the battle. Use a Aero1 spell to get rid of the rest. If that's too difficult, have your White Mage/Shaman attack physically.

And they don't erase random encounters. Airships simply mean that there is nothing TO encounter in the sky. This is an NES game, therefore, is not made for wimps who can't handle a level 15 monster. Not your PSX FFVII, where you get lots of uber-unique items for doing nothing.

People these days.Huh?

I know it doesn't erase random encounters, I just meant that it doesn't make you fight any encounters;
and actually, your response confused me.

Do you have to fight random encounters while navigating the final airship or not?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Airship random encounters only occur within a couple specific areas. It's not a huge deal since the areas are brief and the Invincible's cannon fires at the beginning of each battle, weakening if not killing all enemies.

Reine
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Yah, Airship encounters only take place in a few areas, they represent flying monsters attackin your ship, but the fights are easy, since the Invincible blasts em with a cannon at the start of the battle

crono_logical
04-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Airship random encounters only occur within a couple specific areas. It's not a huge deal since the areas are brief and the Invincible's cannon fires at the beginning of each battle, weakening if not killing all enemies.Wow, I didn't know that :p I guess I never had an encounter in the airship when I played that game :p

Crossblades
04-17-2006, 10:27 PM
You only get Airship encounters when you pass through mountain ranges