PDA

View Full Version : Capcom

Roto13
04-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I had hardly any Capcom games before this generation (well, considering how many there are, I had hardly any), but now I have a bunch. They're a pretty solid company with some great titles. My favourites this generation are Mega Man Anniversary and X collections, Viewtiful Joe 1, 2, and Double Trouble (imo, the greatest new series to come along in quite a while), and Killer 7. I think their biggest problem is whoring out their big titles. There are about a zillion Mega Man and Street Fighter games, and I expect that Viewtiful Joe will end up in the same boat. There's already a really bad anime.

Anyway, your turn.

The Void
04-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Are Capcom the one's who did Resident Evil and Devil May Cry? if so, i've got them.

Shiny
04-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah Capcom did both those series. I love some games from Resident Evil series and I hear Devil May Cry 2 is pretty good. So I think I'm going to go pick that one up along with Viewtiful Joe. I own Streetfighter for Ninetendo (or Super Nintendo) and I loved playing it.

Dreddz
04-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I think Capcom are real pro's, they have come up with some great Video game series. Street Fighter being the best.

ughhis
04-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Viewtiful Joe (first one only)
Resident Evil 4

and the upcoming Okami (or is Clover Studio a studio IN Capcom or are they on their own?)

Well, those three are fantastic,

Resident Evil (GC)
Devil May Cry (first one only)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Street Fighter (don't remember which ones)

are really sweet too.

I LOVE CAPCOM AND THEY AARE PROS AND COOL PEOPLE

And about the milking part, I have nothing against it, really. They sell boolahoo versions, bad stuff, get money, make good games etc.

I only buy the sweetums stuff =)

Polnareff
04-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Finally, someone likes Capcom as much as I do (I am the biggest Capcom fan ever, and have literally played every game of theirs).

I love every one of their series, which is funny because usually when I like a game company there's at least one of their game series I don't like.

My most favorite Capcom games are actually obscure ones like Net De Tennis (DC), Capcom Sports Club (which is actually where the Tennis game is from), Project Justice, El Dorado Gate (7 games in this series :O), Three Wonders, and Battle Circuit.

I LOVE the Street Fighter series, best fighting game series ever made. One of my areas of expertise in terms of story and gameplay. Mega Man is a close second in that department :greenie:

But in the past five years, Capcom's dropped the ball a few times. Case in point, Onimusha Blade Warriors, P.N. 03, and Dino Crisis 3. Oh well, at least it's not as bad as certain other companies have been dropping the ball.

Erdrick Holmes
04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Capcom and Sega needs to work together to mak a game, 'nuff said.

Dreddz
04-15-2006, 09:27 PM
:choc2: Totally

Polnareff
04-15-2006, 09:44 PM

Cody vs. Axel? Akira vs. Iincho? I'm game :D

Damn, as I'm typing this, I'm playing BoF 2 on GBA. Its difficulty is toned down from the original SNES version, but who gives a beep, huh?

Erdrick Holmes
04-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Sonic and Megaman? In my opinion that'd make a damned good game.

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Capcom and Nintendo worked together on a number of Gameboy games... including Zelda Minish Cap... Great game,

I love capcom and Nintendo, and Square, and Namco.... my 4 favorite game companies!

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
04-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Capcom Vs Sammy
:love:

But SNK Vs Sammy would probably make more sense.

Polnareff
04-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Capcom and Nintendo worked together on a number of Gameboy games... including Zelda Minish Cap... Great game,

I love capcom and Nintendo, and Square, and Namco.... my 4 favorite game companies!

THE JACKAL

Yup, the Capcom subsidiary Flagship (it's still Capcom, it's just a branch of Capcom). Flagship was founded by one of SF 2's producers, Yoshiki Okamoto, ironically. Who knew that a fighting game producer would go on to help make action RPG games? :P

I about fell over in my chair when I learned Capcom helped make The Four Swords, and the Oracle games. They kept true to Nintendo's style and everything O.o;;

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2006, 12:48 AM
(I am the biggest Capcom fan ever, and have literally played every game of theirs).So how is Vulgus?

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Capcom needs to stop being lazy and make GREAT Street Figher games again.

What the heck happened to Street Fighter Alpha 4

Polnareff
04-16-2006, 01:16 AM
So how is Vulgus?

Vulgus is a pretty fun little shooter. It has really great graphics for its time (1984, this was also the first game Capcom made). The game is sort of reminiscent of Galaga, but the enemies aren't really released in random clusters like in that game. As you move in all different directions, the landscape changes, which is kinda cool, IMO.

You could power up your ship's shots, but there was no aesthetic effect to accompany it (strange). This game also marked the first time a Yashichi (the little fan-looking thing) showed up in a Capcom game. Except, in this game, if you touch a Yashichi, you die. :cry:

Capcom needs to stop being lazy and make GREAT Street Figher games again.

What the heck happened to Street Fighter Alpha 4

I feel your pain, but after the financial debacle that was SF3 (well, until TS came out, then SF3 was _slightly_ known), I doubt they would release an SF4 anytime soon, if at all.

Dreddz
04-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Ye Have Little Faith.

Markus. D
04-16-2006, 02:10 AM
the Devil May Cry Titles have probably meant most to me.

Ramza Beoulve
04-16-2006, 08:54 AM
MEGAMAN series
MEGAMAN X series
MEGAMAN ZERO series
MEGAMAN LEGENDS series
RESIDENT EVIL series
DEVIL MAY CRY series
'nuff said

Shiny
04-18-2006, 03:46 AM
WAIT! You forgot two more, Ramza. Contra(just the first one) and Silent Hill series.

EDIT: And Ghouls and Ghosts...

Reine
04-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Konami made the Silent Hill series...

Shiny
04-18-2006, 04:00 AM
Opps. My bad you're right...I get these two mixed up sometimes. Actually they made Contra too.:eep:

Yuffie514
04-18-2006, 07:25 AM
i've most enjoyed Resident Evil and Onimusha series from Capcom. i also enjoyed some of the Street Fighter games to a certain extent.

Polnareff
04-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Is there anyone else here who grew up playing their arcade games as opposed to growing up on RE? :p

Sorry, didn't mean anything by it; just had to ask :tongue:

p.s. Three Wonders rules j00 lolz!