PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOD, I'M A CHAV! Doctor Who!

Spiffing Cheese
04-15-2006, 08:31 PM
So! Doctor Who! Yayness and stuff!

Loved the new episode, even Billie was watchable, and David Tennant rules ALL!

So what did you think of the first episode of the new series?

~SapphireStar~
04-15-2006, 08:39 PM
I loved Billie Pipper when she stared alongside Christopher Eccleston. She wasnt as cocky as she is now and kinda hid behid him in scenes and pcitures. Now she is just an annoying cow. Sorry, cannot stand her. And I dont like Tennant as the Doctor, Eccleston was so funny and adorable as the Doctor and made me love the series more. From what Ive seen of Tennant, hes dull.

Spiffing Cheese
04-15-2006, 08:43 PM
I loved Billie Pipper when she stared alongside Christopher Eccleston. She wasnt as cocky as she is now and kinda hid behid him in scenes and pcitures. Now she is just an annoying cow. Sorry, cannot stand her. And I dont like Tennant as the Doctor, Eccleston was so funny and adorable as the Doctor and made me love the series more. From what Ive seen of Tennant, hes dull.

I can see why you'd find her annoying in this series; I ALWAYS find her annoying. Maybe I'm just getting used to her or something. Oh dear god.

I hate when people compare DT to CE as CE set a VERY high standard to follow, and DT is never going to be the same as him. I think David's standard will pick up as the series goes, after all, this is a role he's going to have to settle in to. I think as the first series went on, CE improved greatly, and I hope DT will do the same - though I already think he's fantastic. :D

Dreddz
04-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Explain the title, I dont get it ?

Spiffing Cheese
04-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Explain the title, I dont get it ?

It's a quote from the episode. :)

Rye
04-15-2006, 08:49 PM
I actually don't think she's that bad, but she's always getting stuck behind doors! Then again, I'm only up the Daleks in Utah episode, since we just got the first season in the US. xD DON'T STAB ME EMMA.

PS: Emma, I missed that Daleks in Utah episode, can you PM me all about it if you can remember it?! ;__;

Spiffing Cheese
04-15-2006, 08:50 PM
I actually don't think she's that bad, but she's always getting stuck behind doors! Then again, I'm only up the Daleks in Utah episode, since we just got the first season in the US. xD DON'T STAB ME EMMA.

PS: Emma, I missed that Daleks in Utah episode, can you PM me all about it if you can remember it?! ;__;

I remember everything about Doctor Who! :D

Don't worry, I won't stab you. I'll just stab her more. :)

Lost Number
04-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Twas a decent episode. Unfortunatly I wasnt paying attention for most of it. All I saw was summat about these ill people, cat nuns, and possesion.

Madame Adequate
04-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Eh, I love Tennant as the new Doctor, and Piper is actually not too terrible, but I thought this was a pretty weak episode. I dunno why, it just didn't seem to really... gel. *Shrugs* I hated the resolution to the episode. No, they're NOT new life forms, and there's not even the remotest piece of sense which would, in any slight way, make that a cure (Or a remotely sensible method of delivering the cure.), unless it contained nanites. Which it didn't.

Spiffing Cheese
04-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Eh, I love Tennant as the new Doctor, and Piper is actually not too terrible, but I thought this was a pretty weak episode. I dunno why, it just didn't seem to really... gel. *Shrugs* I hated the resolution to the episode. No, they're NOT new life forms, and there's not even the remotest piece of sense which would, in any slight way, make that a cure (Or a remotely sensible method of delivering the cure.), unless it contained nanites. Which it didn't.

Make what a cure? I'm confused.

tomamar04
04-15-2006, 09:33 PM
The episode made little-to-no sense...but that really isn't the point of Dr Who.

Tennent is a great Doctor, and Piper is getting better

Madame Adequate
04-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Make what a cure? I'm confused.

Just throwing all the intravenous fluids together like that. At best, you'd end up with something which wasn't fatally poisonous. More likely, it would just have flooded someone with several unpleasant chemicals which might have taken out a couple of diseases, but would certainly not have created a contact-transmissable cure for everything.

Spiffing Cheese
04-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Just throwing all the intravenous fluids together like that. At best, you'd end up with something which wasn't fatally poisonous. More likely, it would just have flooded someone with several unpleasant chemicals which might have taken out a couple of diseases, but would certainly not have created a contact-transmissable cure for everything.

Oh, I get it. You're right, that doesn't make sense, but then again, this is Doctor Who. It's not supposed to make sense, it's supposed to be fun. :p

fantasyjunkie
04-16-2006, 03:39 AM
It was good and I enjoyed it, but I aways liked Tom Baker. Man, can you imagine throwing a block party inside the Tardis? :happybday :beer:

Burtsplurt
04-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I liked it, although it did seem to end in, like, 12 seconds. "Oh no, there's all these people with plague and everyone's going to be infected. Oh, just wait, the Doctor's solved it. Cool."

Er... I like Billie. But it isn't really based on her acting ability.

I won't compare Tenant to Ecclestone. It's like comparing the old Toby on Neighbours (erm, in 1993) to the new, slightly chubbier one.

Madame Adequate
04-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh, I get it. You're right, that doesn't make sense, but then again, this is Doctor Who. It's not supposed to make sense, it's supposed to be fun. :p

Well yeah, it doesn't have to be particularly realistic or grounded in proper science (Thus; science fiction) but I dunno. This was just so glaring that I couldn't overlook it.)

Psychotic
04-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Why doesn't Tennant have his own Doctor theme?

fantasyjunkie
04-17-2006, 08:41 AM
I saw DR Who tonight on the Sci Fi Channel. I wasn't aware that the Time Lords and the Daleks were in a Time war and wiped each other out. Does anyone know any details of this? It was nice seeing a helmet of a Cyberman on display in that museum :)

Cuchulainn
04-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Tennant is a great Doctor. Perhaps more 'Doctor' than Eccleston was. He's witty & a charming actor. I watched him in 'Cassanova' and he was great there too. I'm a huge fan.
Piper...I'm not so sure of. That 'I'm a Chav Line' was hilarious though.

Glitch
04-18-2006, 07:56 AM
It was good and I enjoyed it, but I aways liked Tom Baker. Man, can you imagine throwing a block party inside the Tardis? :happybday :beer:

I agree! I watched a lot of the Tom Baker episodes when I was 8 or 9... I didn't understand a lot of what's going on... But I liked it anyway. ^_^ I liked the robot dog he had. And the looong scarf, too.

Haven't got to the episodes with Tennant, I've only just seen the Dalek episode. So far I like Eccleston, though. My dad and I watch it every Friday. Too bad we're behind a season. >_<

Madame Adequate
04-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Haven't got to the episodes with Tennant, I've only just seen the Dalek episode. So far I like Eccleston, though. My dad and I watch it every Friday. Too bad we're behind a season. >_<

Eh, we Brits put up with that for pretty much every show from America, you get used to it :p

fantasyjunkie
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Eh, we Brits put up with that for pretty much every show from America, you get used to it :p
ROFL!!!! Good one! :)

Lychon
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Wtf is a chav?

-LYCHON

P.S. Doctor Who rocks. Never seen an episode in my life though, lol- just like the name. :D

Psychotic
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Wtf is a chav?It's an English delicacy. It's a yummy pie with a warm burberry centre, and it is served with a side order of happy slap sauce. Delicious!

Lychon
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
It's an English delicacy. It's a yummy pie with a warm burberry centre, and it is served with a side order of happy slap sauce. Delicious!

:mad:......:p .........:mad2: ......:choc2:

Yeah, well I don't think the above definition fits with the title of the thread. It would be like saying "OH MY GOD, I'M A YUMMY PIE! Doctor Who!" If that's what's really being said, then this thread is a lot cooler than I thought, lol .

-LYCHON

Spiffing Cheese
04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Why doesn't Tennant have his own Doctor theme?

I was thinking that when it was on. Has every other Doctor had his own theme?

:mad:......:p .........:mad2: ......:choc2:

Yeah, well I don't think the above definition fits with the title of the thread. It would be like saying "OH MY GOD, I'M A YUMMY PIE! Doctor Who!" If that's what's really being said, then this thread is a lot cooler than I thought, lol .

-LYCHON

Oh, I'm glad you took that seriously. Very glad. :love: