PDA

View Full Version : Rare games that you own

Erdrick Holmes
04-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Post the games you own that are rare as hell.

Mine

PS1:

Suikoden 2
King of Fighters 99
Xenogears
Monster Rancher 1 and 2

PS2:

Suikoden 3
Monster Rancher 3
Atelier Iris Eternal Mana
King of Fighters 2000/2001

Dreamcast

Capcom Vs SNK
Skies of Arcadia
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tech Romancer
Plasma Sword
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
King of Fighters 2002
Shenmue 2 (you heard me)
Seaman WITH the Microphone

XBox

King of Fighters 2002/2003
SVC Chaos: SNK Vs Capcom
Capcom Vs SNK 2

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Man! I love your list.
Here's mine:

-Thousand Arms
-Skies Of Arcadia
-Grandia II
-ICO

Street Fighter Alpha 3 ain't rare....

There are more my memory's just failing me right now:eep:

Venom
04-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I have both Alundra and Alundra 2.

Do those count seeing as I recently heard they dont make them anymore?

Erdrick Holmes
04-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Street Fighter Alpha 3 ain't rare....
The Dreamcast version is.

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 12:07 AM
The Dreamcast version is.

true that.

Polnareff
04-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Hmmm....might have to slog through a lot of old games later..... this is not even half the rare games I have:

PS2:
King of Fighters 2000/2k1
Mobile Light Force 2

PS1:
Strider 2
Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition
Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage
Street Fighter Collection
Vs.
Rival Schools
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Bomberman Fantasy Race
Bust-A-Move 4 (DC version is easy to find though)

DC:
Plasma Sword
Tech Romancer
Giga Wing 2
Project Justice
Tech Romancer
Power Stone 2
SF3: Double Impact
SF3: Third Strike
Net de Tennis
Gunbird 2
Cannon Spike

SNES:
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy (bought this at Blockbuster one day)
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Captain Commando
Fatal Fury 2
Metal Warriors
Brawl Brothers

NES:
Mighty Final Fight
Strider
Destiny of an Emperor
Mega Man 4, 5 (at least these are rare around here)

And no, these aren't roms. I prefer to own my games.

Zeromus_X
04-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Final Fantasy (NES)

Final Fantasy III (Famicom)

I also have Rockman II and III somewhere, and the first two Dragon Quests. :cat:

Dreddz
04-16-2006, 12:30 AM
PS1 - Suikoden1+2

PS2 - Ico, Dark Chronicle.

Dreamcast - Rez, Street Fighter third strike, shenmue 2.

Genesis - Phantasy Star IV, Golden Axe, MJ's Moonwalker

All my other games dont seem that rare.

EDIT : I just got a Neogeo which are very rare, and Art Of Fighting for it. Im sure thats rare too seeing as I spent nearly Ł 40 on it.

Erdrick Holmes
04-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Oh how could I forget. I own Project Justice too.

Say, is Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage that SS RPG game?

Markus. D
04-16-2006, 02:17 AM
I think this may be the only house in australia that has DDR Extreme 2 on a ps2 console.

I also have Monster Rancher 2.

:)

a few others not worth mentioning.

Polnareff
04-16-2006, 02:21 AM
Oh how could I forget. I own Project Justice too.

Say, is Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage that SS RPG game?

No, it's a 3D SamSho game, not to be confused with the two 3D SS's on NeoGeo 64. It's not a very good game, to be honest.

DMKA
04-16-2006, 02:31 AM
I own the original Xenogears, not the greatest hits version. That's pretty rare.

Zeromus_X
04-16-2006, 03:04 AM
I own the original Xenogears, not the greatest hits version. That's pretty rare.
*foams at mouth* :cat:

Someone has to own Valkyrie Profile, if only to piss everyone else off. :P

Timber Maniac
04-16-2006, 03:12 AM
^Hi.

I always get confused when people mention that they own a supposedly rare game like Xenogears because they fail to mention which version they have aquired. An original copy is fairly difficult and expensive to get. The greatest hits version can be bought from Amazon for like $15.00.

Anyway...list:

PS1

Star Ocean: Second Story
Valkyrie Profile
Castlevania: SotN
Street Fighter Collection
X-Men vs Street Fighter

Dreamcast:

Power Stone
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Skies of Arcadia

I do not own anything necessarily rare for my other systems. I've played all the rare SNES games for my emulator... but that doesn't count.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics (original issue)
Xenogears (o.i.)
Vagrant Story (o.i.)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence: Limited Edition

Zeromus_X
04-16-2006, 03:14 AM
You are my hero. :cat: (Timber Maniac)

I also have Zelda and Zelda II. (Both golden cartridges.) :cat: (I wish I'd find this stuff earlier...)

Timber Maniac
04-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Once upon a time, I was walking around the city and I saw this woman holding a garage sale. Among the things she was selling were a bunch of NES titles for about a dollar or two each. And within that plethora of games was a golden Zelda cartridge. One dollar as well!

I could have been a bastard and cheated her by selling it later on for a heftier price tag, but instead I simply warned her not to sell it and post it up on eBay or something instead. It was the last kind deed I will ever commit.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2006, 03:28 AM
The gold cartridges aren't really rare, but people definitely think they are, which still counts for something, I guess.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (gold cartridge)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (holographic gold cartridge)
Star Ocean: The Second Story

-N-
04-16-2006, 03:33 AM
Xenogears OI is rare?
I sold my NES/SNES collections/systems already, so that's that.

XxSephirothxX
04-16-2006, 03:34 AM
I've got Star Ocean: The Second Story and Breath of Fire III for the PS1; I guess those are fairly rare. I've got Disgaea and Suikoden III for the PS2, which aren't really that rare but are somewhat difficult to come by. And I tried to pick up Mischief Makers for the N64 about a month ago for 5 bucks, which seemed quite reasonable, but the guy at EB couldn't find it in the back of the store. :(

Shoeberto
04-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Star Ocean: Second Story (only paid ~$7 for it, too)
Xenogears (original)
FF Tactics (original) (also, I dunno that you could call it too rare. I picked the original issue of it used up for around $15.)
Final Fantasy I

Raistlin
04-16-2006, 03:43 AM
FF Tactics (original) (also, I dunno that you could call it too rare. I picked the original issue of it used up for around $15.)
It was up there with Suikoden II for prices before they rereleased it. :p

My rare games:

FFT (original)
Suikoden I
Suikoden II

Timber Maniac
04-16-2006, 03:47 AM
Can somebody please establish a well defined criteria for what constitutes a certain game as rare? There's a bit too much disagreeing going on.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2006, 04:24 AM
That would be pretty difficult. Also, "criteria" is a plural.

NeoCracker
04-16-2006, 04:40 AM
I wish I knew what happened to my Majora's mask Hollow face one, but aside from that Breath of fire II, though I need to get it resurfaced.

Also, I get the feeling most dreamcast games are pretty rare, since not as many copies were made of games after the release of the PS2.

I do have a copy of FF 3 around for SNES, the american release of VI. My freinds got some DBZ game in JApanese for the SNES thats fairly entertaining.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-16-2006, 04:43 AM
Hmm let me take the highlights from my list...

Atari 400-
Miner 2049er starring Bounty Bob

NES-
FFI
Hylyde
Jeapordy 20th Anniversary Edition

SNES-
ChronoTrigger
FFIII (FFVI)
FFII (FFIV)
Super Mario RPG
Tecmo Superbowl III Final Edition

Genesis-
Super Hylyde

Saturn-
Nights

Dreamcast-
Grandia II with Soundtrack
PSO

PSX- (All games listed are (oi)
FFT x2
Xenogears
Castlevania: SOTN
Tactics Ogre

PS2-
Rez (With Vibration Pack XD)
Wizardry

Uhh... those are off the top of my head, Im sure theres more.

Erdrick Holmes
04-16-2006, 04:51 AM
Is the PS2 version of the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection rare?

Sephex
04-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Let's see.

Well, I have the SNES FFII (IV), SNES III (VI), and Chrono Trigger on cart. I know they aren't RARE rare, but I know tons of people that say they can't find them. If they do, they say they go for too much.

For PS1 I own an original FF Tactics. I own some Gundam game I bought on impulse that I've seen go for a decent price on eBay for the PS1 also.

For PS2 I have Rez and Guitaroo Man. I know both of those are pretty hard to find.

I know I maybe have more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Madame Adequate
04-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Saturn-
Nights

You bastard >=O

Anyway, mine would be Suikoden II, Star Ocean: The Second Story (Sadly it was a second hand copy, and is thus in bad shape, but it works at least. And I have the manual, it not the covers.), and Xenogears (Original issue). I have a friend who has Valkyrie Profile, too.

Moon Rabbits
04-16-2006, 05:40 AM
PS1:

Vagrant Story (original release)
Xenogears (released under "squaresoft" not re-release under squeenix)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (and i paid an arm and a leg)

I didn't know Vagrant Story or Xenogears were rare...the store near my house has tons of second hand copies. They don't have L: SSSC though ;-;. The store also has an original Chrono Trigger cartridge for 99 bucks, which I'm looking into buying...as well as their FF1, II and III cartridges (NA releases) for 49.99

PS2:

Ico (I don't think that ever made it to greatest hits...)
The Bouncer (s'far as I'm concerned this is rare, cuz I've only ever seen one copy, and it's mine)
Shin Megami Tensei (sp i believe)

Gameboy Advance:

Golden Sun (I think it's rare...i dunno...I'm gonna sell it either way)

I Took the Red Pill
04-16-2006, 05:42 AM
I don't honestly know which of my games are rare, but I suppose some of my nes ones are. I know that I have the "yellow label" metroid for nes, which is more uncommon than the "silver label", but I don't think it would be considered extremely rare. A few people have said Ico, and although I'm not sure if that really is rare or not, I have that. Oh I guess Megaman 6?

Oh BTW,
You, sir, are a God.

EDIT: Apparently The Adventures of Dizzy as an Aladdin (gold) cartridge is really rare, which I have

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-16-2006, 05:49 AM
The rarest game I have is probably Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for the PS2. That one's hard to find. La Pucelle: Tactics is decently rare too, if memory serves.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Chrono Trigger
LUNAR: Silver Star Story
LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue
ICO
Makai Senki Disgaea

Erdrick Holmes
04-16-2006, 06:01 AM
By the way, I'm hurting for money now, so if anybody wants to buy my Seaman game plus the mic shoot me a PM. We'll work out a deal.

escobert
04-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Lunar silver star story complete, Xenogears, That square fighting game, I;m too drunk to look it up, saga frointier 1/2 I mena I never see them anywhere even when they were first out. FFT is somewhat rareish. I dunno I can't think right now

Yuffie514
04-16-2006, 08:04 AM
don't know if any these are rare. but when i go into game stores, i don't see any of these around:

Onimusha: Warlords (PS2)
Bushido Blade II (PSX)
Soul of the Samurai (PSX)
Super Bust-A-Move II (PS2)
Xenogears (PSX)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)

Despotus
04-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics and Suikoden 2 are a couple that I've seen posted here, but I never really thought they were too rare. I have both as original issues. I also have a pretty cool game for PS1 called Hexen. Never met anyone else who has that one though.

escobert
04-16-2006, 08:19 AM
anyone ever seent eh game Loaded? I use to play that all the time. still have it around somewhere.

Rostum
04-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Well I have Riven for PC, that's pretty rare? Also motor toons grand prix 2 for PSX.

Ramza Beoulve
04-16-2006, 08:49 AM
I don't know... maybe this one...

GBA
Rockman Zero (o.i.)

Can someone tell me if Spyhunter (original version and PS2 version) are uncommon or rare? because I have both...

The Void
04-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness, i'm probably the only one who bought that piece of crap. :mad:

Dreddz
04-16-2006, 11:22 AM
anyone ever seent eh game Loaded? I use to play that all the time. still have it around somewhere.
I own Loaded, good game. :cool:

DMKA
04-16-2006, 02:12 PM
That's a rare game. I played it at my friend's house years ago when Playstation was still like $200.00. I remember it being a rather dark, extremely bloody game and that it was from France (and you could have it in French or English). And that it was really fucking hard.

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Only rare game I own is Ergheiz, if that counts as rare.

Madame Adequate
04-16-2006, 02:30 PM
If it's still there, I know a store I could buy an o.i. copy of Loaded in not 45 minute's walk from me. O__o They also have original Wipeout, I think Destruction Derby, and... something else rare, but I don't remember what.

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Is the PS2 version of the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection rare?

Not really.

Oh yeah, I also own Vagrant Story, didn't beat it though, it got annoying and boring.

Sephex
04-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Ah yes, a couple of you guys reminded me...

I also have Star Ocean: the Second Story and ICO. More to come if I think of them or if I remember.

a nirvana fan
04-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Post the games you own that are rare as hell.

Mine

PS1:

Suikoden 2
King of Fighters 99
Xenogears
Monster Rancher 1 and 2

PS2:

Suikoden 3
Monster Rancher 3
Atelier Iris Eternal Mana
King of Fighters 2000/2001

Dreamcast

Capcom Vs SNK
Skies of Arcadia
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tech Romancer
Plasma Sword
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
King of Fighters 2002
Shenmue 2 (you heard me)

XBox

King of Fighters 2002/2003
SVC Chaos: SNK Vs Capcom
Capcom Vs SNK 2

Sorry for sounding snobby here but most of them games arent rare. But sayin that I havent got any rare games either.

edczxcvbnm
04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Chrono Trigger
LUNAR: Silver Star Story
LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue
ICO
Makai Senki Disgaea

I am shocked at you Kawaii. ICO? That game is far from rare. I...I lost all respect for you :crying2:

In all seriousness...ICO is not a rare game.

DudeSon2004
04-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness, i'm probably the only one who bought that piece of crap. :mad:
You're not the only one, I also have that piece of crap.

DeathKnight
04-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I am shocked at you Kawaii. ICO? That game is far from rare. I...I lost all respect for you :crying2:

In all seriousness...ICO is not a rare game.

Yes it is. It's hard to find it where I live, for something to be rare in NYC, now that's tough:)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2006, 06:51 PM

In all seriousness...ICO is not a rare game.ed. See my first post in this thread for games I actually consider to be rare. All posts after that one are just responses to other people's appraisals of certain games I own as rare.

~SapphireStar~
04-16-2006, 08:16 PM
PS1:

Persona
Persona 2
Koudelka
Legend of Legaia
Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2
Discworld 2 Missing: Persumed
Valkyrie Profile
Thousand Arms
Xenosaga
Breath of Fire 3
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Grandia
Broken Sword 1
Broken Sword 2
Final Fantasys 1-9 (except 3, and they are quite rare in the UK now)
Jade Cacoon
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 1
Parasite Eve 2
Rhapsody
Saga Frontier 1
Saga Frontier 2
Star Ocean Story 2
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny 2
Vagrant Stroy

PS2:

Legend of Legaia 2
Grandia 2
Shadow Hearts 1
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Suikoden 3

GameCube:

Skies of Arcadia

Gameboy Advance SP:

Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2
Broken Sword 1
Harvest Moon

PC:

Secret of Monkey Island
LeChucks Revenge
Curse of Monkey Island
Simon the Sorcerer 1
Simon the Sorcerer 2
The Legend of Kyrandia Book 1
The Legend of Kyrandia Book 3
Dune
Grim Fandago
Discworld Noir
The ZGuest

Moon Rabbits
04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I'd say ICO is rare...at least 'round here cuz I've only seen one copy and I own it (as with Bouncer).

Does anyone know if Bouncer is rare elsewhere?

Erdrick Holmes
04-16-2006, 09:02 PM
The ICO game that doesn't have the Greatest Hits packaging is mighty rare last I heard.

Also, I was talking to my aunt recently. She's gona sell me her old NES with some controllers and a bunch of games, one of those games is Dragon Warrior 4. I belive that's pretty rare, even back in the late NES days.

Sephex
04-16-2006, 09:15 PM
The ICO game that doesn't have the Greatest Hits packaging is mighty rare last I heard.

Also, I was talking to my aunt recently. She's gona sell me her old NES with some controllers and a bunch of games, one of those games is Dragon Warrior 4. I belive that's pretty rare, even back in the late NES days.

It is. I forget the the stores that carry old Nintendo games where I see DWIV, but every time I see DWIV for sale, it's over $100. In other words...YOU LUCKED OUT!

Dreddz
04-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Ico isnt that rare now seeing as it got a re-release in Feb. Thats only in the EU mind. But the original copy with cards is very rare.

That's a rare game. I played it at my friend's house years ago when Playstation was still like $200.00. I remember it being a rather dark, extremely bloody game and that it was from France (and you could have it in French or English). And that it was really smurfing hard.
That is far from the truth, You can buy Loaded for 99p on eBay. Seriously.

Moon Rabbits
04-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Ico isnt that rare now seeing as it got a re-release in Feb. Thats only the EU mind. But the original copy with cards is very rare.

My ICO is the original release...minus what...cards? Well I did buy it second hand...

Dreddz
04-16-2006, 10:33 PM
So's mine. Im pretty sure the cards only came in the EU release.

Maxico
04-16-2006, 10:44 PM
I havn't got any really rare games. I have a few listed but I don't really consider them rare.

I do however have some pre-release copies of games for the PSX that I got before their offical releases. I'm not sure if that constitues as rare or not.

Dreddz
04-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Ive got a few DC promo's off eBay. Rare I guess, but not worth much.

edczxcvbnm
04-17-2006, 12:40 AM
ed. See my first post in this thread for games I actually consider to be rare. All posts after that one are just responses to other people's appraisals of certain games I own as rare.

I know but I had to use you...the person I consider to be the most knowledgeable gamer around here as the ploy to make a point about the game :D

Rare games I own...I own Gitaroo-man. I don't know if that got a re-release or not. If it did then strike it from the record.

Ummm.....

PSX:
Castlevania Chronicles on PSX(Last I heard only 30,000 were ever made)
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete(all the packaging and everything)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete(all the packaging and everything...again)
Tales of Eternia(released in Sept. of 2001...I assume it was a limited release due to PS2 being out for almost a year at that point)
Valkrye Profile(everyone says this game is rare but I am iffy on their word given that these same morons say ICO is rare)

Dreamcast:
Virtual-On

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 12:44 AM
VP was about $600 on Ebay when I last checked, so I'm fairly certain it's a rare game. :cat:

Edit: Okay, now it's not so much. But it's definitely a rare game. :cat:

edczxcvbnm
04-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Castlevania Symphony of the Night goes for a pretty penny also but that game went greatest hits. Price is not always an idicator of a rare game.

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Okay. But it's still a rare game. :cat:

Dreddz
04-17-2006, 01:04 AM
VP was about $600 on Ebay when I last checked, so I'm fairly certain it's a rare game. :cat:

Edit: Okay, now it's not so much. But it's definitely a rare game. :cat:
What, last time i checked it was Ł40. And seeing as a remake is just around the corner, why the hell would someone spend that much...

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 01:09 AM
It was going up that way like a month ago, but no, it's only around 100$+ right now.

Yeah, if it's released outside of Japan and everyone has a PSP, I can't see why anyone would pay that much.

People would pay that much because VP is simply one of the greatest RPGs of all time. And it's pretty dang hard to find, unless you pay a good amount of money. The game is pretty rare in the U.S., and it was released in the U.S. in 2000 anyway.

Erdrick Holmes
04-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Is Castlevania Chronicles the collection of the old Castlevanias on the NES and SNES?

Also, digging through my PC discs, I cna add to this list.

Sonic CD
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Sonic R
Metal Gear Solid
Samurai Showdown 2, which I really need to reinstall

I used to have Jumping Flash 2 for PS1, but alas, the disc got destroyed due to people who like messing with my stuff.

edczxcvbnm
04-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Castlevaina Chronicles is a port of a PC version of the first one...or something like that. Long story short Gamefaqs would be able to point it out exactly.

I am giving Valkirye Profile to Sephex because I think the game sucks. I didn't have a whole lot of fun with it.

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Yeah, it's probably for those hardcore "OMG I can do 100s of 1000s of damage" RPGers, I'd guess.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Castlevaina Chronicles is a port of a PC version of the first one...or something like that. Long story short Gamefaqs would be able to point it out exactly.Castlevania Chronicles is a port of Akumajou Dracula for the Sharp X68000 with a couple new sprites, some FMV, and a rearranged soundtrack.

black orb
04-17-2006, 02:27 AM
I am giving Valkirye Profile to Sephex because I think the game sucks. I didn't have a whole lot of fun with it.
>>> wow, Sephex is a lucky one...

>>> Is FF1 NES considered a rare game??

Erdrick Holmes
04-17-2006, 02:35 AM
It is now.

Roto13
04-17-2006, 02:45 AM
Dreamcast

Power Stone

Game Cube

Skies of Arcadia
Beyond Good & Evil
Ikaruga
I don't know if those Zelda promo discs are rare...

N64

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask Gold Carts

GBA

Someone said Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and Harvest Moon, but I don't think they're rare. If they are, I have them. Isn't that Legacy of Goku game rare? I... actually bought that.

I probably have a ton more, but I don't know what's rare and what's not.

By the way, if Xenogears is so rare, why do 3/4 of you have it?

Ramza Beoulve
04-17-2006, 03:15 AM
Are Spyhunter (old and PS2 versions) and Rockman Zero o.i. rare?

Jowy
04-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Neither of those are terribly hard to find. Rather, uncommon.

I blew quite a bit of money last week on Rez (PS2), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Valkyrie Profile, Um Jammer Lammy, factory-sealed Sword of Mana, and have another original issue SotN getting transferred to my store. :) It's awesome when your boss goes to close down a store in another state and have the cool stuff from their inventory go to yours.

Roto13
04-17-2006, 03:32 AM
Oh, I have Sword of Mana.

Ramza Beoulve
04-17-2006, 03:44 AM
Neither of those are terribly hard to find. Rather, uncommon.

I blew quite a bit of money last week on Rez (PS2), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Valkyrie Profile, Um Jammer Lammy, factory-sealed Sword of Mana, and have another original issue SotN getting transferred to my store. :) It's awesome when your boss goes to close down a store in another state and have the cool stuff from their inventory go to yours.
:eek: Do you sell the SotN? maybe if you have two edition, can you sell me one? please?:cry:

Ryth
04-17-2006, 04:14 AM
Well, I'm not really sure which of my games are rare, probably most of my Atari 2600, NES, and possibly my Genesis games. I have some of the games listed here. Ico, gold cartridge Zelda, Chrono Cross, La Pucelle: Tactics, and I guess there's others but I don't know if they're rare or not. Also, from what I hear Psychonauts is bound to become rare soon.

Erdrick Holmes
04-17-2006, 04:18 AM
Is FFVII rare? I heard that game is out of print now.

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:22 AM
Well, it was a Greatest Hits. I saw one the other day used, but I couldn't say if it's on the same level of rarity of some of the other games mentioned...then again, I'm no expert, so meh. :cat:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-17-2006, 04:24 AM
FFVII is crazy common. I'd say it's almost as common as MGS1.

Kappy
04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Koudelka and Shadow Hearts (I wouldn't really consider Covenant to be rare)

Would FFVII amd VIII PC versions count as rare? I have them both bought from shops, not eBay.

~SapphireStar~
04-17-2006, 06:23 PM
(I wouldn't really consider Covenant to be rare)
Trust me, it is in the UK. There are 4 second hand game shops where Im currently living and none of them have a copy. And same when I worked in CEX, once one would come it, it was gone.

Erdrick Holmes
04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I also found my Record of Lodoss game, it's rare PLUS its the best game beased on an anime ever.

Odaisé Gaelach
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Uhhh... only you count Wip3out (PSone) and Rage Racer (PSone) as being rare.

Fire_Emblem776
04-17-2006, 08:21 PM
PS
Wild Arms 1- (It went down hill after that )
snes
Legend of mana
FF II
FFIII
metroid III

oddler
04-17-2006, 09:10 PM
I can't believe no one has posted any Sega Master System games yet... Hmm...

Golvellius
Lord of the Sword
Shinobi
Ys
Double Dragon

That's all I can think of but there are WAY more, I just have them stored away at my dad's house. All awesome games.

Giga Guess
04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
.Hack/Quarantine

Dreddz
04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Legend of Dragoon is pretty rare now :)
Im selling my copy on eBay shortly ;)

The Void
04-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Double Dragon, i had that on the GameBoy, i didn't know it was rare.

~SapphireStar~
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Someone said Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and Harvest Moon, but I don't think they're rare.
They are rare where Im currently living. You can only get them unboxed.

By the way, if Xenogears is so rare, why do 3/4 of you have it?
It depends on where you live. Im from the UK and Xenogears wasnt released here, so my copy is rare cause those who cant play NTSC games havent got a copy.

edczxcvbnm
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
If you import a common game that doesn't make it rare. It just makes the game expensive...but it isn't rare.

~SapphireStar~
04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Says who? And I didnt pay a penny for it, so it wasnt expensive. I still see it as rare because the majority of UK players wont have it.

edczxcvbnm
04-18-2006, 04:16 PM
It isn't rare to your area. It is non-existant in your area. Xenogears is far from a rare game and anyone who wants one can go on ebay and get for under $40 USD and that includes international shipping.

Erdrick Holmes
04-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Pah, about a year ago I got Xenogears from ebay for like 23 dollars. STILL in the shrinkwrapping. Fantastic game. It's however rare if you find it in a store rather than online.

I just remembered, I have Killer Instinct, one of the few good fighting games that Sega, SNK or Capcom never had to do with... for the Gamebody. Beleive it or not it actually plays pretty solid.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-18-2006, 06:41 PM
OOoo OOoo I have Pokemon! The Red One!

This entire Thread is kind of ridiculous IMO... There is really no means to constitute what is rare, and what is not...

Sylvie
05-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Only one I can think of at the moment is Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (i love it!)

Hopefully I'll pick up Tactics Ogre LUCT soon... :plotting:

And also Bomberman World if thats rare...

For the Playstation I probably have a whole /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifload of rare games, I have too many to remember :p

BustaMo
05-22-2006, 03:14 AM
A lot of my Original Atari video game system games are pretty old and definitely rare now, as well as the actual system.

Come to think of it, FFVII is coming sort of rare to as it's high on demand, hard to find in stores, and on eBay it's prices jump all the time. I remember buying mine for $40 with FFX included, now on eBay it's $40, alone.

DoaJ
05-22-2006, 03:32 AM
hehe, yay....
Monster Rancher 1
Monster Rancher 2
Monster Rancher Battle Card Episode II (woah, long name)
Wild Arms
Theme Park
Amored Cores: Prject Phantasma
2 Copies of Final Fantasy VII (hehe)
Wild Arms 2
Pocket Fighter
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Monopoly
Bloody Roar
Breath of Fire IV
Poy Poy
Marvel vs. Capcom
Dragon Ball Z Legends
Gran Turismo
GTA 2
Rival Schools
Tecmo Stackers
Hmmm...I just put the ones I think are rare, cuz Im not sure. All for the PSX

Zeromus_X
05-22-2006, 04:10 AM
Finally got VP. :cat: :love:

Is SO:SS terribly rare? It doesn't seem incredibly rare, but not too common. (It certainly isn't expensive, although like was already said, that doesn't really constitute anything.)

Last of the Soldier
05-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I have the original Final Fantasy game for the old fat game boys. well i think its rare. i am pretty sure it is. Its name is Final Fantasy Adventure

I Took the Red Pill
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I have the original Final Fantasy game for the old fat game boys. well i think its rare. i am pretty sure it is. Its name is Final Fantasy Adventure

That's not a Final Fantasy, the name was just tacked on. It's actually a Seiken Densetsu. As for rarity, I have no idea.

~SapphireStar~
05-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Is SO:SS terribly rare? It doesn't seem incredibly rare, but not too common. (It certainly isn't expensive, although like was already said, that doesn't really constitute anything.)
Star Ocean Second Story? I bought mine afew years ago at a carboot sale for Ł5! Bargin. Ive only ever seen one second hand copy in Gamestation and they wanted Ł25 for it. Ebay stock it I think. I guess it could be rare.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Welll, around where I live, they dont even sell FF7 anymore. So I guess you could call that rare. My copy was 20 bucks and was really hard to find. Had to goto New Hampshire to buy it :p It was sooo worth it though :D

DeathKnight
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM
hehe, yay....
Monster Rancher 1
Monster Rancher 2
Wild Arms
Theme Park
Wild Arms 2
Pocket Fighter
Monopoly
Bloody Roar
Breath of Fire IV
Poy Poy
Marvel vs. Capcom
Dragon Ball Z Legends
Gran Turismo
GTA 2
Rival Schools
Tecmo Stackers

Gran Turismo is NOT rare

~SapphireStar~
05-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Gran Turismo is NOT rare
Man I havent seen a copy of that in years. Its only the PS2 versions you see scattered around now.

DeathKnight
05-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Gran Turismo is NOT rare
Man I havent seen a copy of that in years. Its only the PS2 versions you see scattered around now.

Well, it also depends where you live. In NYC things are easy to find, so maybe that's why. And I'm being kinda bias here since I bought the game the first day it came out.

~SapphireStar~
05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh I know, not having a go or anything. It may not be very rare in the UK, but I live in both Bradford and Manchester and visit game shops almost on a daily business and I cant recall the last time I seen a copy of GT1.

Masamunemaster
05-27-2006, 06:29 AM
hehe, yay....
Monster Rancher 1
Monster Rancher 2
Wild Arms
Theme Park
Wild Arms 2
Pocket Fighter
Monopoly
Bloody Roar
Breath of Fire IV
Poy Poy
Marvel vs. Capcom
Dragon Ball Z Legends
Gran Turismo
GTA 2
Rival Schools
Tecmo Stackers

dude I have 2 copies of FFVII andIX, I also have wild arms ,kings field II, I did have suikoden(the original) but my stepdad sold it for $20 I mean wtf

Sylvie
05-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I also think I have Rival Schools...

Kartia (think thats rare... almost all ATLUS games are anyways...)
FFVII PC version.
Tomba (Havent seen that in a while either...)

Malboro_Menace
05-27-2006, 08:35 AM
I have a N64 game called Conker's Bad Fur Day. No 1 N64 game ever (apart from ssb). I'm pretty sure it's rare. I've only known one other person to own it and that was my cousin.