PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man mocks Intelligent Design

Raistlin
04-16-2006, 02:01 AM
http://www.popcultureshock.com/v/comic-previews/marvel-comics/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-7/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-7_pg04.jpg.html

Topic: so what entertainment have you seen that gives references to some form of stupidity in society?

Rye
04-16-2006, 02:03 AM
"Dad, Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!"

Or, in other words, the South Park episode making fun of scientology. :p

Raistlin
04-16-2006, 02:05 AM
South Park's probably the best example of lampooning societal stupidity.

DMKA
04-16-2006, 02:11 AM
lol Issac Hayes left South Park because of that episode. x]

Rye
04-16-2006, 02:17 AM
lol Issac Hayes left South Park because of that episode. x]

I know! I was shocked when I heard that. Of all the groups, they've made fun of, whites, blacks, asians, latinos, homosexuals, members of NAMBA, rich, poor, fat people, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Canadians, people with dead fetuses on their head, and pretty much everything else you can think of and he leaves because they make fun of scientology? It's craziness. ;__;

sub zero
04-16-2006, 02:18 AM
the big metal guy looked like a sentinal who was he

Raistlin
04-16-2006, 02:20 AM
the big metal guy looked like a sentinal who was he
... Iron Man?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
04-16-2006, 02:22 AM
I know! I was shocked when I heard that. Of all the groups, they've made fun of, whites, blacks, asians, latinos, homosexuals, members of NAMBA, rich, poor, fat people, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Canadians, people with dead fetuses on their head, and pretty much everything else you can think of and he leaves because they make fun of scientology? It's craziness. ;__;
And dont forget PETA! xD. That episode was hilarious.

DMKA
04-16-2006, 02:37 AM
I remember in a Resident Evil 4 cutscene when Leon said something like "That's no ritual...that's terrorism!" and then the guy he was talking to said "Terrorism...thats such an over used term these days." or something like that. It made me smile.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Why is Spiderman flying?

Madame Adequate
04-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Why is Spiderman flying?

He evolved.

Avathar
04-16-2006, 02:03 PM
"Dad, Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!"

:D :D And later R. Kelly wouldn't come out of the closet either! xD

lady yunalesca
04-16-2006, 02:27 PM
lets not forget the simpsons!!! so many references to political issues tucked away!! a personal fave of mine ( not very subtle at all this one)

marge: Mr Clinton, thats a pretty lousy lesson (or summit like that)

Pres clinton: Yeah, well i am a pretty lousy president

ha!

south park defo wins the trophy for this subject though!!! lol

DMKA
04-16-2006, 02:50 PM
marge: Mr Clinton, thats a pretty lousy lesson (or summit like that)

Pres clinton: Yeah, well i am a pretty lousy president
Heh, I remember that. Then he made a stupid face.

Psychotic
04-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Is that the longest URL in the world?

Levian
04-16-2006, 04:07 PM
"Various books about politics and science, nothing important." ~ Claire. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

Sure, it wasn't on purpose, but it's been entertaining me for at least two years now.

Raistlin
04-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Is that the longest URL in the world?
Nah, I think Yahoo News article URLs are longer.

DMKA
04-16-2006, 04:51 PM
"Various books about politics and science, nothing important." ~ Claire. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.
That would make her among the most intellegent video game characters ever.

Itsunari 2000
04-16-2006, 05:17 PM
South Park " Here Comes the Neighborhood ". It's a parody of " Birth of a Nation ", the 1915 film by D.W Griffiths.

Mr Garisson tells the discontented locals that all the rich people ( who happen to be black ) are scared of ghosts and they surround their homes dressed in white sheets and carrying burning lower-case t ( as in " time to leave "). The rich people who have been banned from eating at certain restaurants and sitting in public buses ( a clear reference to racial segregation) leave, and Mr Garrison intends to sell their homes and become rich, saying " Well at least we got rid of those damn ni- " and is cut off before he can finish his final word.

Brilliant.