PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Manga discussion ;P (and anime too.)

Zeromus_X
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Anyway, I just made this Naruto thread to discuss the manga. (And anime too, I suppose.)

I do not watch the anime on Toonami, since, well, dubs suck. And I won't sit through another anime ruined like that. (Then again, I haven't gotten very far in the series at all, only watched up to episode 50-something. :eep: ) But I do hear that there's a big ol' filler season that just won't stop or something along those lines. Can anyone tell me what's up in the manga though? :cat: (Japanese)

Luther X-Rated
04-16-2006, 09:03 PM
I rarely watch toonami anymore, I just don't have the time.

I got really into yu yu hakusho ghost files!
Kurama is the man!

Mirage
04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Or you could get a translation of the manga.
Anyway, the anime sucks at the moment. They're doing a whole season of fillers. I want back to the akatsuki and kyuubi stuff, that's what made the series cool.

Seto Fett
04-23-2006, 06:58 AM
The manga is currently featuring Naruto on "the road to Sasuke", as it's now in Part II and Naruto and co. are on the verge of meeting Sasuke again after 2 years. Right now, Naruto is under the leadership of a former ANBU captain whose taken the responsibility as squad leader for Kakashi, who is currently healing after a usage of his Mangekyou Sharingan. They have just fought Orochimaru, and have traced his retreat to his secet lair, where he trains Sasuke and stays on the run from Akatsuki and the shinobi countries.

^That's the gist of it anyway...:D

NeoCracker
04-23-2006, 07:30 AM
I've seen a lot of the sub of Naruto, not all that out yet but I'll get around to it. In the manga the run into an Akatsuki member named Sasori in Hidden sand. Sakura and some old decrepit puppet master lady fight Sasori while Naruto and Kakashi go after some weird dude with exploding pigeons that looks like a chick. That fight, however, didn't appear in the Anime so far I believe, but I wish it did since thats Sakura's only real moment in the sun.

~SapphireStar~
04-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Ive got the first 3 manga novels, but never watched any anime. I cant be bothered going through tons of episodes like FMA. I'd just get bored.

Reeno the Alchemist
04-23-2006, 03:28 PM
i usaully read the manga before i watch the cartoon so y'know im always gonna like the manga better and i wish theyd put the old (good) animes back on like Rurouni Kenshin yu yu hakishow(did i spell it right?)salior moon and dragon ball z(and to never ever show dbgt ever again)and to put toonami back on weekdays im still p o'd about that and it happend like 2 years ago.

Seto Fett
04-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Well, you shouldn't disregard or hate the Naruto series because of the current anime. Right now, the episodes you're seeing are not canon or part of any events that happened in the manga. What happened is the anime got so close to the manga to the point where it could pass it up, the animators had to write their own material fillers to give the manga a good enough start to get ahead again. Hence they are called fillers. Don't worry, they won't last forever and eventually the anime will pick up on the actual events in the manga.

~SapphireStar~
04-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, you shouldn't disregard or hate the Naruto series because of the current anime
Well Im sorry, but I hate animes that drag on for ages. Im begining to get annoyed at Bleach because its dragging on. I dont like watching long animes, they bore me.

Zeromus_X
04-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, filler sucks. :cat:

Mirage
04-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Well, you shouldn't disregard or hate the Naruto series because of the current anime. Right now, the episodes you're seeing are not canon or part of any events that happened in the manga. What happened is the anime got so close to the manga to the point where it could pass it up, the animators had to write their own material fillers to give the manga a good enough start to get ahead again. Hence they are called fillers. Don't worry, they won't last forever and eventually the anime will pick up on the actual events in the manga.
Why can't they have Kishimoto write the filler stories? :(

Zeromus_X
04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, he's probably busy with the manga, so the manga can 'catch up'.:p

Unless he's finished the manga. In the American Shonen Jump, they had interviews with Takahashi and Takei when they finished their mangas, and their having and interview with Kishimoto in these current ones, so...Just speculation. :cat:

Twilight Edge
04-27-2006, 01:33 PM
OK,so I love to read the manga,Chinese version(yeah,I'm CHINESE) and the anime(IMO sucks a lot than the manga).But events lately that happens in Naruto are a little confusing.For example...

-How can Kakashi use Mangyekyo Sharingan when only few of the Uchiha family can use it?And also in a different eye pattern?
-Does Orochimaru's jutsus get more and more unreal or what?
-Anyone care to guess what will happen if the fifth tail appears?
-Is it just me,or anyone here hates that artist of a kid,what's his name,Sai?(translate again if I'm wrong,like I said before I raed Chinese although I know a few names)