PDA

View Full Version : OMFG ENGLISH VOICES VIDEO

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-16-2006, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmgYgE_4qXc

yes its official, i dont like the voices one bit, now im wondering wheater to buy it or not,

Zeromus_X
04-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, the voices were in KHII. Yeah, I still think Mandy Moore is a much better Aerith. Cloud and Sephiroth are okay, but they could've been alot better. Yuffie and Tifa are just fine, but Cid is horrible. I wonder what Kitten-Sith is like. :cat: :love: :cat: :love:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
the only voice i liked in kh2 was tifas

zbonks
04-17-2006, 04:09 PM
there is a whole bunch more on youtube also that are in English....YAY!:)

cloud20747
04-17-2006, 05:38 PM
voices are good. I was a little put off by Kadaj at first but I feel when I see it (again) that it will grow on me

DudeSon2004
04-17-2006, 05:39 PM
I also posted this too.
Go me lol.

Sally Nine
04-20-2006, 06:52 AM
I'm a little sour over Kadaj's English voice...I wish it was more effeminate ;_;

*has a little cry and goes to see Japa. clips*

Starshipmexico
04-20-2006, 05:44 PM
I got to see the full movie last night in English, the voices were...bearable. Cloud's was kind of annoying because he sounded like some auto mechanic from Kentucky. For some reason Cait Sith is Irish. There were a lot of...unneccesary pauses...in a lot of...parts. But the voices definetely didn't stop me from enjoying the movie any less.

Russielloyd
04-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, they sound alright actually, there interviews are on IGN. About 9 interviews altogether, the woman asking the question is bloody useless though, she got star struck and asked some pretty pointless questions.

Mirage
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
I saw the entire movie just now, and I think the dub was pretty good. Well, far better than I had expected.

Fatal Impurity
04-21-2006, 05:42 PM
the voices arent that bad....but i expected cloud and kadaj to sound more masculine not like teenagers!!!

Russielloyd
04-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Has the DUB version leaked on to the internet already?

silentenigma
04-21-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't have a problem with the voices...I'm not much of a critic....
except for yuffie's voice. They suck.

Shoden
04-22-2006, 02:05 AM
The English voices are well picked out. Sure they could of been better, but you got the question "who could do it better?" The tryouts and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif were likely put in tryouts and interviews and chosen from Tetsuya Nomura's point of view, how we would like the characters to sound. He chose out of the people who he deemed accurate to the character they played, not perfect but still they sound pretty well done so far. Just to stop any flame wars over SUB vs DUB.

Necronopticous
04-22-2006, 02:23 AM
The dub is fantastic, if you aren't satisfied with it then it would have been impossible to satisfy you.

Dolentrean
04-22-2006, 02:54 AM
could have been better, but for the most part they were ok. Its the same with any dub, they have the potenchal to be horable, but as far as dubs go, this one was alright.

Shiny
04-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Kadaj sounds like a typical homosexual man. Not that there's anything wrong with that.:greenie:

Mirage
04-22-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't have a problem with the voices...I'm not much of a critic....
except for yuffie's voice. They suck.
Yuffie has more than one voice? Wow.

Shoden
04-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Lol, Yuffie has split personalities! One voice for each alter ego!

Reeno the Alchemist
04-22-2006, 03:12 PM
man they ruined kadaj and im soo ticked off right now i was watchin that like 50 times then my stupid computer lost sound and now i cant watch it!!!!!!! arg could anjybody tell me if they ruined zack or loz cause if you tell me ill let you help torture the english voice actors!!!

friggin barret sounds like the t-man!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-22-2006, 03:28 PM
noticed they didnt change the lip movements?

Reeno the Alchemist
04-22-2006, 03:46 PM
yea i know thats retarded it took them about 7 months to get english voices,while they were doin that they could of been fixing the movement of the lips darn lazy people

Mirage
04-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Having their nice little cluster re-render the movie was probably too much work. Besides, I don't think it was needed. The lip sync is good enough, far better than in FFX/X-2. And in case you didn't know, it's much easier changing the lip movement for ingame graphics.

IceAngel
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
arg could anjybody tell me if they ruined zack or loz cause if you tell me ill let you help torture the english voice actors!!!

If you've played FFX-2 then you will recognise Zack voice actor is the one who does Gippal. I think he did a good job.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Having their nice little cluster re-render the movie was probably too much work. Besides, I don't think it was needed. The lip sync is good enough, far better than in FFX/X-2. And in case you didn't know, it's much easier changing the lip movement for ingame graphics.
well 7 months is a long time, they could of released it sooner

Reeno the Alchemist
04-22-2006, 07:02 PM
YESSSS THEY DIDNT RUIN ZACK I LOVE GIPPLE YESSSSSS THANKYOU ICEANGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setzer Gabianni
04-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Zack sounds frigging sexy, but Loz sounds incredibly lame, everyone takes the piss out of him.

~Setzer Gabianni

Swifthom
04-23-2006, 12:15 AM
I dunoo... Tifa was the only one that left me cold...

Cait Sith, sometimes I thought "Yes, an accent," and othertimes I cringed... Didn't hear enough to judge.
Everyone else was decent, with some good and bad bits for most of the main characters...

Also, I want sure about Rufus's voice, but i suppose it suits the character. I dunoo, I just cant imagine ANYONE being able to stay that calm and cool in that kind of situation...

Also, I dont rememeber hearing Teng or Zack speak at all, despite actors being credited. Did they get more than a couple of lines?

Carl the Llama
04-23-2006, 12:46 AM
yea i couple of lines... just like Darth Maul in SW:EP1 lol

Seto Fett
04-23-2006, 05:50 AM
I love the voices in AC. I think they did a great job in casting, as they had some very talented voices featured. My only complaint was Cid's, as I didn't like the southern voice he was given, but he doesn't have that many lines, so nothing much.

IceAngel
04-23-2006, 07:27 AM
At the beginning, Yazoo sounds like he's half asleep.

DudeSon2004
04-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I thought the english voices were good,
saves ya reading subtitles.

silentenigma
04-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Yuffie has more than one voice? Wow.

wups. I meant hers.

cloud_doll
04-23-2006, 07:32 PM
cloud sounds weird...but i guess its okay...but kadaj? he sounds too manly! he needs a girlier voice!

Fatal Impurity
04-24-2006, 10:55 AM
i think cid was given the right voice (eventhough i only watched a little clip of it and ive just bought the virgin exclusive DVD 2disc special edition today) because if you think about it all that cid really is, is a "small village boy made good" so i think the remote feel of a southern accent really brings that across and reminds you of the southern "uncultured" people lol :D ^_^

Relena
04-28-2006, 12:43 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wcXklWZEsFs

Crehan89
04-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I like everyones apart from:

Barret (OMG)
Cid (has like a texan southern state of america accent)
Cait Sith (Sounds Irish, i do not have anything against the Irish because i have Irish ancestors)

Fatal Impurity
04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
i think cait sith sounds more scottish myself but nanaki and vincent have amazingly cool voices....

nanaki = sophisticated
vincent = just plain deep voiced coolness

Winter Nights
04-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Cloud: Good stuff. No real complaints there.
Tifa: Same.
Aerith: Decent. Better than in KH2.
Barret: WOW. Racial stereotypes to the extreme.
Cid: Fits, I guess. I always imagined him as an angry Brit or Scot.
Cait Sith: Different, but good.
Yuffie. It works.
Red xIII: Ditto.
Rufus: A little monotone, but works.
Reno and Rude: Amusing, in a good way.
Kadaj and the gang: Too emo. Far too emo.

I think my biggest problem isn't the voice actor's themselves, but the dialogue. Alot of it was cheesy as hell. Worse than the Japanse cut, which was cheesy enough. Who did the translating on this thing? "Dilly-dally, shilly-shally"? What the hell, man, what the hell?

To note: While I watched the movie, I did think "Dilly-dally, shilly-shally" was amusing, but it's still a really odd line.

Fatal Impurity
04-28-2006, 06:17 PM
i think the script was great!!! "stay in memories where you belong!" "i will NOT become a memory" so ok the dilly dally thing was crap but the rest was cool!

FF_crazy
04-28-2006, 06:49 PM
i've only seen like 40mins of the movie because my stepdad took the the remotes and has some stupid thing set up on em but ya back to AC the endlish voice actors have been good so far and that Dlilly dally shilly shally thing was really odd but i didnt mind it:)

Social Moon Firesky
05-02-2006, 05:49 PM
*In shock* The voices are ok, but they still kinda suck. Thank God the film comes with the Japanese-speaking version too...I sooooo prefer the Japanese voices; they're spot on.