PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will happen in the 7th Harry Potter book?

Son of Jenova
04-17-2006, 03:58 AM
what do you guys/girls think will take place in the final Harry Potter book. i think that ron and hermione will hook up, harry will kill voldemort but i think that he will be killed by draco malfoy or professor snape. many people think that voldemort will kill him, but i think he will kick voldemorts ass, but will be ambushed by draco and snape at the same time and will come to his end. and i think that neville longbottom has a part of the prophecy, and does anyone have a clue who R.A.B. is, because i would like to know because i am dying for this book to come out and there is so much stuff that i am ready to see get answered. and what do you think that the remaining horcruxes are gonna be? maybe harrys wand will be a horcrux seeing how its the brother wand to voldermorts wand!

kikimm
04-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This goes here.

I wish I could reply but I haven't read the 6th one yet so I don't know!

Spammerman
04-17-2006, 04:04 AM
one of them dies(lets hpe its malfoy€

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 04:05 AM
i would like a huge duel between harry and voldemort and i would like to see harry cast the worst spell ever on the Dursleys:choc2:

XxSephirothxX
04-17-2006, 04:06 AM
People will die. There will be a climax Potter fans will swoon over, but a less-than-satisfactory ending, because Rowling will get gobs of money for writing a follow-up book.

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:10 AM
Harry should sacrifice himself. That'd be pretty cool. And he could be the seventh horcrux, that'd be pretty awesome. :cat: (I so hope that happens.)

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 04:11 AM
i know that i think that she is gonna kill harry in this book, i would like her to keep harry in school this last year to strengthen his magic skills, and then have a whole final book of him going after voldermort and then becoming worm food. i just hope she makes this book really really interesting, but then again, she has not made any of them bad, they all have been really great and better than the one before.:choc2:

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:11 AM
Yeah, but he left Hogwarts. (From what I recall.) He's pretty darn powerful as it is anyway. :cat:

KH-Cloudy
04-17-2006, 04:13 AM
i would like a huge duel between harry and voldemort and i would like to see harry cast the worst spell ever on the Dursleys:choc2:
Cast that death spell on them :tonberry:

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 04:14 AM
yeah he is powerfull, but if i recall correctly, he just said that he was gonna leave school, i can't remember if he did or not. and i to would like to know who the heck R.A.B. is, and i think that harry himself might be a horcrux, and he will have to die in order for the horcrux to be destroyed, therefore, he would still die but he would have taken out voldemort with him. :choc2:

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:17 AM
If he said he did, I'm pretty sure he will. With Dumbledore ker-flumped, and him leaving the Dursleys, I'm pretty sure he'll have to kick it on his own. :cat:

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 04:20 AM
If he said he did, I'm pretty sure he will. With Dumbledore ker-flumped, and him leaving the Dursleys, I'm pretty sure he'll have to kick it on his own. :cat:

well, he has #12 Grimmauld Place, and im sure he would still have a place at hogwarts. i think if he survive, he would become the new headmaster of hogwarts, or atleast a proffesor, probably Defence against the dark arts, but he will be there for more than a year.:choc2:

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah, if he became the new headmaster, that'd be pretty cool too. :cat:

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Yeah, if he became the new headmaster, that'd be pretty cool too. :cat:

that would be really cool, and then he and Ginny can get back together. or it would be cool to see him play in the Quidditch world cup:choc2:

theundeadhero
04-17-2006, 04:25 AM
I think Harry will die and afterwards Ron and Hermione get together. Neville could have an important part in the end of Voldemort. I don't expect Voldemort to die at all, but rather be banished or something. I can't wait to read the plot twist that the book will have that noone expects.

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:28 AM
I think Harry will die and afterwards Ron and Hermione get together. Neville could have an important part in the end of Voldemort. I don't expect Voldemort to die at all, but rather be banished or something. I can't wait to read the plot twist that the book will have that noone expects.

Yeah, that would be what I expect too.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 04:30 AM
anyone got an idea about who R.A.B. is and any horcruxes?:choc2:

rubah
04-17-2006, 05:08 AM
It can't be perfect because hermione will be wasted on ron, but I'll live.

Harry will almost inevitably die.

The Captain
04-17-2006, 05:09 AM
I don't think Harry himself could be one of the horcruxes because why then would Voldemort have tried to kill him several times? In doing so, wouldn't he be going against his own desires to be immortal?

I won't dare speculate on what might happen, though I wouldn't be surprised if a certain character or two returns...

Take care all.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-17-2006, 06:13 AM
R.A.B. is speculated to be Regulus Black

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Snape kills Hermoine.

Craig
04-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Snape kills Hermoine.

But not before Hermione does Dallas.

Twilight Edge
04-17-2006, 02:22 PM

My thoughts exactly.But isn't he dead?

venus
04-17-2006, 02:32 PM

yeah thats what i thought too
there will be some twist in the story that will tell us what happened to him to make the story fit
cant wait till the book comes out so i can see what happens

Crushed Hope
04-17-2006, 02:40 PM
But not before Hermione does Dallas.
Haha, that thread was an absolute classic.

Angel Heart
04-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I can't believe i've never read a Harry Potter book :eek: . I've read all Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, but never HP, i'm going to have to buy it sometime and see what all the fuss is about. :)

theundeadhero
04-17-2006, 04:01 PM
What makes you think Regulas is dead?

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Sirius himself says Regulus is dead, but anything could happen really. Regulus did regret becoming a Death Eater after all, perhaps he faked his demise so he could go after the Horcruxes... and then again, whose to say that note by R.A.B. was left there recently?

Anyway, I doubt Harry will die, just because of the sentimentality associated with it. He'll kill Voldemort for sure. I see Draco coming to the good side, or at least the semi-good side. The events in HPB suggest there's more to him than some sniveling little evildoer. But we shall see. Snape, I dont think he's evil at all really. There's more to this situation than we can see at present, but personally I think Snape was ordered by Dumbledore to do what he did. Dumbledore was already in quite a state, and of course if Snape hadnt done so, not only would he have died, but even if he'd lived the Order would have lost their one contact within the Death Eaters.

I'm pretty sure Ron and Hermione will concretely become a couple, Harry and Ginny will no doubt get back together and we'll have that disgusting "One big happy Weasley family" situation.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was another big death, I'd see a Weasley going down, but I sure hope it isnt any of the elder Weasleys (save for Percy). Do with Ron and Ginny what you will, Dark Lord, but leave Fred, George, Bill, and Charlie out of this. xD

Griff
04-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Harry and Voldemort will duel over a volcano (because all the good series end over a volcano, see LOTR and Star Wars). It will be revealed that Arthur Weasley was really Regulus Black in disguise the whole time and he had turned the horcrux he had stolen into Percy, who will promptly be destroyed, and the world will rejoice. During the duel, Harry will be forced to choose between destroying Voldemort or saving either Ron or Ginny's life, yet both will be accomplished somehow. The book will end 30 years later with Harry/Ginny's and Ron/Hermionie's kids getting ready to go to Hogwarts for the first time when a new evil appears that the new savior kids must vanquish, the greatest dark wizard of all time, WORMTAIL! This will of course lead the way for a new spinoff series that will grab ahold of the next generation of young readers.

~SapphireStar~
04-17-2006, 06:14 PM
The final battle between Harry and Voldemort should be amazing, I hope it goes on for a good couple of pages. Deep down I think Harrys going to die after defeating Voldemort, I dunno I just think JK might take a dramatic dark twist. Lets face it, Harry is a loveable character, but the most loveable of all has just been killed, so theres no stopping her.

The book will end 30 years later with Harry/Ginny's and Ron/Hermionie's kids getting ready to go to Hogwarts for the first time when a new evil appears that the new savior kids must vanquish, the greatest dark wizard of all time, WORMTAIL!
That personally just sounds like something a fan would write. I dont think JK will go all mushy ending.
I dont think the book will fast forward to the future, Ron and Hermionie will share their first kiss, statifying the R&H fans (woot!) and the students graduating from Hogwarts.

This will of course lead the way for a new spinoff series that will grab ahold of the next generation of young readers.
JK said she wasnt going to write any more HP books and I think that may include any spin offs.

DarkLadyNyara
04-17-2006, 09:14 PM
I see Draco coming to the good side, or at least the semi-good side. The events in HPB suggest there's more to him than some sniveling little evildoer.
I pity Malfoy, and I can see him turning on Voldemort. The boy is smarter than he is given credit for.

i think that harry himself might be a horcrux
Harry is not a Horcrux, Voldemort is many things, but not an idiot, and he wants Harry dead. Kind of a conflict of intrest, that.

maybe harrys wand will be a horcrux seeing how its the brother wand to voldermorts wand!
That is also unlikely, as per the "Voldemort not an idiot" thing.

I don't expect Voldemort to die at all, but rather be banished or something.
Oh, God, no.:mad: That actually wouldn't be an ending at all. Voldemort has to die, nothing else would be permanent.

Deep down I think Harrys going to die after defeating Voldemort, I dunno I just think JK might take a dramatic dark twist.
She would do that...

Neville could have an important part in the end of Voldemort.
That's likely. Neville has been showing some real strength of character as of late.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 09:51 PM
in which book was Regalus Black mentioned. i have read all the books like a million times and i am currently re-reading Order of the Phoenix for the third time, but in none of the books do i recall anything mentioned about Regulus Black. i didn't even hear the name until recently being on jk rowlings personal website. i probably have read about him, but i don't remember. but i think that malfoy will never turn on voldemort. and maybe harry and ginny have a son, and another dark wizard( COUGH COUGH ---Malfoy) would kill harry and ginny would stop him from killing their son, and so we would have a repeat of what happened to harry all over again. yeah right. just messing, but that is a really screwed up idea isn't it!!!!!!:choc2:

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2006, 09:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulus_Black

Regulus is mentioned, briefly, in Order of the Pheonix when Sirius is showing Harry the Black family tree.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't think Harry himself could be one of the horcruxes because why then would Voldemort have tried to kill him several times? In doing so, wouldn't he be going against his own desires to be immortal?

I won't dare speculate on what might happen, though I wouldn't be surprised if a certain character or two returns...

Take care all.

that would be really cool if jk brought dumbledore back. and she didn't seem to worried about his death and didn't cry about it before the 6th book came out. so maybe she has plans to bring him back, because if you remember before Order of the Phoenix came out, she went on tv and cryed her eyes out because she killed off a very important charactor ( Sirius Black), but didn't even mention anything to do with any deaths before the Half Blood Prince came out. so maybe the reason that it didn't bother her was because she had plans on bringing dumbledore back to life. i just can't wait until the final book comes out. i would pay every penny i had right now just to get to read what she has already wrote in the final book, even if it was just a few pages.
and angel heart, you really need to read the books. they are so kick ass. they are way better than lord of the rings!!!:choc2:

~SapphireStar~
04-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I remember mentioning Regulus at another forum. Theres a link to him, IMO, (RAB) from HBP. Its not been proved yet cause we need the last book, but we shall see.

that would be really cool if jk brought dumbledore back.
It wont happen. As far as Im aware there isnt any magic that can bring the dead back to life. I think Dumbledore himself says that, not sure. Been awhile since I read the books. And to me, both HP and LOTRs are similar. I see them as both excellent stories by two excellent writers.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 09:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulus_Black

Regulus is mentioned, briefly, in Order of the Pheonix when Sirius is showing Harry the Black family tree.

oh yeah, i remember now. ok thanx bud.

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
You're welcome :)

I doubt she'll be bringing back Dumbledore at all, and I'd rather she not. Much as I loved Dumbledore, I really dont like 'cop out' deaths, where the death is used for emotional purposes and then just undone to make everyone happy again.

I knew they were going to kill Dumbledore off quite a few books back, what with all the mentionings of Dumbledore being the only wizard Voldemort feared, and things like "As long as Dumbledore's here you're safe, Harry." So to facilitate the neccesary death match between Voledmort and Harry, Dumbledore had to be out of the way.

~SapphireStar~
04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Much as I loved Dumbledore, I really dont like 'cop out' deaths, where the death is used for emotional purposes and then just undone to make everyone happy again.
Thats where JK has earned so much repsect from me, cause its showing that we may think the magical world is a magical wonderful place, it really isnt. It has life and death just like the real world. The fact that Sirius died really blew me away cause I adored him (dreading the movie) and I was angry, got over it. Then Dumbledore died, another blow for me. But the fact that hes dead and not coming back is good, JKs showing reality in a magical world.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 10:05 PM
You're welcome :)

I doubt she'll be bringing back Dumbledore at all, and I'd rather she not. Much as I loved Dumbledore, I really dont like 'cop out' deaths, where the death is used for emotional purposes and then just undone to make everyone happy again.

I knew they were going to kill Dumbledore off quite a few books back, what with all the mentionings of Dumbledore being the only wizard Voldemort feared, and things like "As long as Dumbledore's here you're safe, Harry." So to facilitate the neccesary death match between Voledmort and Harry, Dumbledore had to be out of the way.

you got a good point. i personally don't think that dumbledore would have let harry fight voldemort. i think dumbledore would have fought him instead. but i think harry will kill voldemort but then he will be killed either by malfoy or snape. what do you think?:choc2:

~SapphireStar~
04-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I think Snape will be taken care of before the final battle and Malfory wont get involved. Hes shown he cant handal matters and its going to be the final battle between Harry and Voldemort, no-one ever gets involved with final battle between 2 people. I think Harry will get seriously injured during the fight, kill Voldemort and die in Ginny or Rons arms.

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Like I said before, I dont think either Malfoy nor Snape are the villians they're made out to be.

Malfoy has shown that he really does have a heart, especially being caught between pleasing and saving his parents and killing Dumbledore. He just couldnt do it. And much as he hates Harry, I doubt he'd kill him. As for Snape, I dont think he's on the Dark Lord's side at all. Dumbledore has never been proven wrong in his assesments of people. I'm as sure as I can be that Dumbledore knew about the oath Snape had taken, and he knew Snape was going to kill him and thus save the stain from Draco's soul. Snape is the Order's one connection in the Death Eaters. As much of a jerk as both Draco and Severus can be, I dont think they're evil.

I also dont see Harry dying in this at all, but even if he does, something like being killed by Snape or Malfoy seems anticlimatic and silly to me.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah, but also think, malfoy would do anything to satisfy his dad and seeing how Lucius is a death eater, i think malfoy will follow in his footsteps and become a dark lord. i also think that if harry was to live, he should become a proffesor or headmaster of hogwarts. but i think that Proffesor magonagal or however you spell her name should become new headmistress if harry couldn't be head master. :choc2:

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
But Draco has already proven his reluctance to do things that a Dark Lord would do. He was in such a state over what he believed he had to do, and that was something his father wanted him to do more than anything. Draco has a moral core, while Tom Riddle never did, even from a very young age. Draco is more boastful and prideful than evil.

I doubt Harry would become Headmaster, at least not right away. He'll probably become an Auror for quite a while, then perhaps become a Professor at Hogwarts, and then from here perhaps become Headmaster. It doesnt seem like a job young, active Harry would want right away.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2006, 10:28 PM
But Draco has already proven his reluctance to do things that a Dark Lord would do. He was in such a state over what he believed he had to do, and that was something his father wanted him to do more than anything. Draco has a moral core, while Tom Riddle never did, even from a very young age. Draco is more boastful and prideful than evil.

I doubt Harry would become Headmaster, at least not right away. He'll probably become an Auror for quite a while, then perhaps become a Professor at Hogwarts, and then from here perhaps become Headmaster. It doesnt seem like a job young, active Harry would want right away.

well yeah i know it wouldn't happen right away, but jk said she already had the final chapter written already and it was the epilogue but i think it would be cool to see harry become headmaster some day. :choc2:

~SapphireStar~
04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Harry does see Hogwarts as a home, but I dont think he would want to be there all the time when he graduates. I think he would prefer travelling then staying and montioring Hogwarts .. thats if he lives. I think the epilogues going to be the graduation of the students. I hope JK doesnt go off into the future, I think that should be left to those who write fan fictions.

Griff
04-17-2006, 11:53 PM
I hope JK doesnt go off into the future, I think that should be left to those who write fan fictions.
.....you do realize i was joking when i made up that whole 30 years in the future stuff, right?

although i still stand by the battle in a volcano, it's tradition to series' of this popularity and calibur

theundeadhero
04-18-2006, 12:13 AM
I would be severely disapointed in the lack of creativity if the last fight is a volcano battle.

Regulas Black leaving the Death Eaters and running from them is a perfect reason for him to be after the horcruxes, assuming he survived.

I really hope Dumbledore is dead for good. The Phoenix could be symbolic of a rebirth, maybe somewhat following the cliche of Gandalf, but I highly doubt it.

As of the possible ends: Harry doesn't kill Voldemort because of some higher value of life which I don't see JK doing. Harry kills Voldemort and it puts a dark shadow on his soul so he leaves forever to struggle with his inner demons. I think Harry is capable of this. Harry himself dies and Neville finishes off Voldemort. (STOP SHUDDERING WHEN I TYPE HIS NAME, GEEK!)

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Well Regulus doesnt neccesarily have had to survived in order to pull of the taking of the horcrux, he could have done it before his death.

theundeadhero
04-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Yeah, for all we know he destroyed it before his death, or Voldemort took it from him after their paths crossed.

Rye
04-18-2006, 02:57 AM
I have no idea, but my friend put the idea of Harry himself being a horcrux. Which could kinda make sense, since Harry does have bits of Voldemort in him, like the ability to speak parseltongue, etc. So Harry would have to kill himself. And to all that say it's not possible, if he'd die after just having ONE horcrux destroyed, he'd be dead. What's one horcrux to him when he thinks he has 7? It's a dumb idea, but it'd be a very interesting one. If not, a lot of people will die, but he'll live to teach little wizards and witches.

Kirobaito
04-18-2006, 03:14 AM
I have no idea, but my friend put the idea of Harry himself being a horcrux. Which could kinda make sense, since Harry does have bits of Voldemort in him, like the ability to speak parseltongue, etc. So Harry would have to kill himself. And to all that say it's not possible, if he'd die after just having ONE horcrux destroyed, he'd be dead. What's one horcrux to him when he thinks he has 7? It's a dumb idea, but it'd be a very interesting one. If not, a lot of people will die, but he'll live to teach little wizards and witches.
I have come to understand that it is 100% impossible for Harry to be a Horcrux. 100%. Horcruxes cannot be accidentally made. Voldemort was not in any kind of a shape to make Harry a Horcrux, and why would he? Voldy was planning on KILLING him.

fire_of_avalon
04-18-2006, 05:19 AM
Sirius himself says Regulus is dead, but anything could happen really. Regulus did regret becoming a Death Eater after all, perhaps he faked his demise so he could go after the Horcruxes... and then again, whose to say that note by R.A.B. was left there recently?

Anyway, I doubt Harry will die, just because of the sentimentality associated with it. He'll kill Voldemort for sure. I see Draco coming to the good side, or at least the semi-good side. The events in HPB suggest there's more to him than some sniveling little evildoer. But we shall see. Snape, I dont think he's evil at all really. There's more to this situation than we can see at present, but personally I think Snape was ordered by Dumbledore to do what he did. Dumbledore was already in quite a state, and of course if Snape hadnt done so, not only would he have died, but even if he'd lived the Order would have lost their one contact within the Death Eaters.

I'm pretty sure Ron and Hermione will concretely become a couple, Harry and Ginny will no doubt get back together and we'll have that disgusting "One big happy Weasley family" situation.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was another big death, I'd see a Weasley going down, but I sure hope it isnt any of the elder Weasleys (save for Percy). Do with Ron and Ginny what you will, Dark Lord, but leave Fred, George, Bill, and Charlie out of this. xD

You evil wench, you leave Ron out of this! I'll fisticuff you good, I will!

I completely agree on the Snape thing, though. He HAD to kill Dumbledore because of the Unbreakable Vow he made Narcissa. If he hadn't killed Dumbledore, Draco would have tried and 1) failed, because Dumbledore is kickasser than he is or 2) Harry would've killed him, as it would be much easier to go after Draco than Snape. There was no way Draco could have killed Dumbledore and survived, so to stay alive, and perpetuate the mission of the Order, he had to kill the only man who ever trusted him. So sad. Poor Snape. If he wasn't such a greasy creep I would hurt pretty bad for him.

I like Harry Potter but good.

EDIT: And KB is spot on with that whole Horcrux thing. But the wand idea is kind of interesting, but I don't think it carries a lot of weight as wands choose their owners, for the most part, and Dumbledore has already told Harry that Harry himself carries a bit of Voldemort's talents, aptitude etc. with him as a result of surviving his attack. (Plz see book 2!)

EDIT2: Major Spoilers. I'm pretty sure Dumbledore is gone for good, because Fawkes left. Fawkes was beyond loyal to Dumbledore, and would even potentially sacrifice himself at Dumbledore's command (inasmuch as a phoenix can sacrifice itself). Again, book 2 when Fawkes helps Harry battle the basilisk!

But yeah, Fawkes departure makes me think it's a pretty safe bet Dumbledore is gone.

DarkLadyNyara
04-18-2006, 04:35 PM
I think Dumbledore himself says that, not sure.
He does.

: Which could kinda make sense, since Harry does have bits of Voldemort in him, like the ability to speak parseltongue, etc.
That's covered by the prophecy, "and the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal". Dumbledor explains it in book 5.

And to all that say it's not possible, if he'd die after just having ONE horcrux destroyed, he'd be dead. What's one horcrux to him when he thinks he has 7?
It's still pretty damned important. According to Dumbledor, he reacted pretty badly to the diary being destroyed.

Masamunemaster
04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
harry potter is not that good of a series, it really surprised me when the series started growing and actually became a movie chain

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Lucius was in a lot of trouble over letting the diary be destroyed. I remember reading it, I assume in HPB or OotP.

While the 'good side' may only have a few horcruxes destroyed, Voldemort has to be furious about it. For him, even ONE is too many... there's nothing he fears more than death, and without the horcruxes death becomes a possibility.

Dark Paladin
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm mega excited about the next book but there could still be more than one to come out. In the next one however i hope that no one dies because Dumbledore has just died and that was a big enough impact on me. Malfoy, Snape, Voldemort and all the evil scum will die.
Harry will get together with Cho, Ron with Hermione and i think Ginny will go with Neville.

I racked my brain to think who R.A.B could be but nothing came to mind, but it could be Regulus. It will probably be someone you never have thought of or someone that hasn't been mentioned yet if its not though. Some of the horcrux's are the items of the founder of each house if i remember correctly, but i can't quite remember what the items were.

Kirobaito
04-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm mega excited about the next book but there could still be more than one to come out. In the next one however i hope that no one dies because Dumbledore has just died and that was a big enough impact on me. Malfoy, Snape, Voldemort and all the evil scum will die.
Harry will get together with Cho, Ron with Hermione and i think Ginny will go with Neville.

I racked my brain to think who R.A.B could be but nothing came to mind, but it could be Regulus. It will probably be someone you never have thought of or someone that hasn't been mentioned yet if its not though. Some of the horcrux's are the items of the founder of each house if i remember correctly, but i can't quite remember what the items were.
Ah, but Snape is not evil. :)

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Cho getting together with Harry is extremely unlikely, same with Ginny and Neville.

I'm amazed that so many people see Snape and Malfoy in such black and white. Rowling's been stressing all these things to us that people cant be judged so easily, and despite all the revelations for thw two, people still see them as pure bad. It really shocks me.

DarkLadyNyara
04-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Harry will get together with Cho,
God, I hope not. Cho's a twit.

Twilight Edge
04-19-2006, 07:44 AM
God, I hope not. Cho's a twit.

As much as I like Cho,but she+harry=bad combo.

look_out_below
04-21-2006, 03:08 AM
Ok everything im about to say is fact based on author interviews and the timeline through the other books. In book 7 Harry will be turning 17 years old, Bill and Fleurs wedding will take place somewhere (probably in the beginning, i think something might interupt this wedding), important things revealed concerning Harry's Aunt Petunia (will discover what Dumbledore meant when he said "Rememeber my last" in his howler to her and Jk said there is more to this character then meets the eye, she isnt a squib, and she wont preform any magic), Umbridge will be in this book, Rita skeeter will be in book 7, the two way mirror from the 5th book is likely to show up again, Krum will make an apperance, Harry's eyes have some importantance in book 7, Wormtail's debt to Harry will show up, more info given on James and Lily Potter, one of Harry's classmates becomes a Hogwart's teacher, significance of Godric's Hollow (where Harry's parents lived) and Godric Gryffindor (you put two and two together), and the book is likely to be released mid 2007.
Whew. I know i didnt really speculate but just thought people might like to know some of the real facts to help them down their own paths of speculation.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-21-2006, 03:44 AM
I think that there is only one possible way for Harry to be a horcrux. Voldy has to kill a lot of people before being capable of creating a Horcrux right? I mean he was planning on using Harry and family as fuel to make another one or so I had the impression. I know voldy is not an idiot, but it is known that he under-estimates the power of the most anicent of all magic: love. What if when he tried to kill Harry as a final ingredient of sorts for another Horcrux, that the magic of his mother's self-sacrifice that caused the transfer of certain abilities of Voldy also brought a piece of his soul into Harry?

Also this has been bothering me:

...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...

I mean she could have used "One must die at the hand of the other.." or something else. I know I may be reading too much into it, but I would not put it pass Rowling to have another meaning behind the usuage of "either". I have the feeling that the prophecy is not all that we think it is cracked up to be...

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Yeah, that line has been bugging the crap out of alot of people, myself included. :p :cat:

I also believe that the Dursleys, if not Petunia, will play an important role.

dirkdirden
04-21-2006, 05:29 AM
First off it hints about Regulus Black at least 5 or 6 times between the 5th and 6th books read closely and you'll see them.

I think Luna Love good will die becuase in the last book she goes to the dance with harry and it gets put in the new papers that she is his GF, and Harry broke up with jenni becuase dateing her would put her life in Danger. So Valdamort is going to think Harry dated or is still dateing Luna Lovegood.

Fred and George are both going to die, becuae they made jokes about Voldamort in there joke shop.

Snape will die protecting Harry, becuase Dumbledore is world best and most intellingent wizard ever and Snape could have never fooled him, Dumbledore proably told him to NEVER blow his cover no matter what to protect and help harry. If snape was truely bad he would have killed harry at the end of book 6 instead of giveing him tips and makeing him full of rage that will be use to kill voldamort.

I think they will revill something shocking about Harrys family, like a lost family member or something like that.

Voldamort will Kill Drako becuase he is a wimp.

this is kinda what I want to happen but I hope she suprized all of us with something totally unexpected. I kinda want an unhappy ending.

I had a dream she died before writeing the last book and left the world in suspence. Hope that doesn't happy I would freak out.

TheAbominatrix
04-21-2006, 05:33 AM
If Luna was to be murdered based upon speculation that she was his girlfriend, Hermione and Cho would go down on that basis. Harry broke up with Ginny because he's the tragic hero, and that's the sort of stuff he does.

I doubt any Weasley will be killed, Rowling likes them too much. Fred and George are extremely unlikely to get offed.

As for Harry's family, I doubt it would be anything as trite and fanfiction-esque as a lost family member, but the Dursleys will be pivotal in some way.

dirkdirden
04-21-2006, 05:37 AM
I think she wouldn't put something in her both without a purpose becuase I think she is that brilant of a writer.

so I think that they published that Luna was his GF for a reason, and I think that reason is she is going to die.

But we will see when the book comes out.

TheAbominatrix
04-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Well of course a lot of things have reasons, but not all of them do because that would be just silly.

But yeah, we'll see.

04-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Okay this might be a weird thoughts, but what if the line I quoted in the prophecy dealt with Harry and Neville? I mean it is obviously not a coincidence that Neville and Harry both fit the prophecy. Maybe that line deals with it. Maybe the "either" it refers to is not Voldy and Harry as most of expect us to be. I mean after all there are elipses between the lines. I know she was in a trance and all (to explain the gaps in speech) but prophecies can be read wrong. I mean there is a story in Greek Myth about a king who asked the Delphic oracle if he should go to war. She responded by saying that if he did that a great country/nation would fall. Ironically she was not refering to his enemy, but to his own country. The only thing is that I cannnot see Harry for the life of me kill Neville, nor the other way around. UNLESS! Voldy possesses Harry. Remember the rumour about his eyes? Maybe Voldy possesses/polyjuice/transfigures himself as Harry, killing Neville. Maybe my imagination is getting carried away...

TheAbominatrix
04-21-2006, 06:11 AM
They say things in the books that both Neville and Harry could have fulfilled the prophecy. If the Longbottoms had been the targets instead of the Potters, he would have been. There's something in the prophesy, if I remember right, about Voldemort "marking him as his equal".

I doubt Voldemort himself would use any such sneaky tactics. He's far too bold.

dirkdirden
04-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Maybe voldemort doesn't kill her, but all the death eaters hate Harry potter, so maybe one of them will. I think she will die.

04-21-2006, 06:16 AM
They say things in the books that both Neville and Harry could have fulfilled the prophecy. If the Longbottoms had been the targets instead of the Potters, he would have been. There's something in the prophesy, if I remember right, about Voldemort "marking him as his equal".

I doubt Voldemort himself would use any such sneaky tactics. He's far too bold.
You are right about that line. Like I said, I could possibly be letting my imagination getting the best of me...

TheAbominatrix
04-21-2006, 06:21 AM
Maybe voldemort doesn't kill her, but all the death eaters hate Harry potter, so maybe one of them will. I think she will die.

I'm pretty sure the Death Eaters only do things on his orders. Regardless, if they want to hurt Harry through hurting someone else, there are much better targets. Ron and Hermione especially, also Ginny (doesnt matter that they broke up, they know how much Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys mean to him), or Hagrid. They'll go after someone who would make more of an impact on him than Luna. Not saying that Harry wouldnt grieve for Luna, but if they want to hurt him, they'd go after someone whose death would devastate him.

dirkdirden
04-21-2006, 06:58 AM
well they really don't know Harry Potter like the back of there hands. Yeah they may know that Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys and Hagrid mean alot to him. But they also think that Luna means just as much as Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys, becuase they don't know harry like a freind would know harry they only know what they are told about harry, they are told that Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys mean to him, and Hagrid are really close and they are also told that Luna is really close too, in fact they once dated.

and they wont kill Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys mean to him, or Hagrid becuase they are smart and will not put them selfs in danger, but Luna on the other hand she is dumb as nails she will walk right up to a death eater and ask for directions.

TheAbominatrix
04-21-2006, 07:07 AM
They dont need to know Harry like the backs of their hands. It's common knowledge (especially among the Malfoys) that Hermione, Ron, and Hagrid are the closest people in the world to him.

If they're going to go after someone who he dated, they'd go after Hermione (it said in the paper that they dated) or Ginny. Common knowledge, really. Luna really isnt as high up on the list as the others, and even people who only casually know Harry know that much.

Not to mention that Voldemort's right hand man spent years in the company of the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione, and he overheard plenty. He knows who Harry loves most.

dirkdirden
04-21-2006, 07:18 AM
and who he loves most will be protected most. and they are a big part of the storyline so they proably wont die.

But Luna is too stupid not to die, and she wont be missed much

you can think shes not going to die, but I say she is.

DEATH TO LUNA.

p.s. unless you are the writer of Harry Potter you can't convince me otherwize.

LUNA DIES

TheAbominatrix
04-21-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm not trying to convince you, because I myself dont know. I'm just saying that I dont see the logic in it at all. It's fine if you think she'll die, but dont expect me to agree with your reason, and that's all I'm saying. The more I read of yours, the more it seems to me that your reasons for Luna being a target are more because of a dislike of her character.

Also, I dont think that those he loves will be anymore protected. He'll certainly <i>want</i> to protect them more, but we've seen a lot of people eat it that he wanted to protect.

I do agree that because of their status as main characters they're less likely to die (though we've seen main characters slaughtered before), Im just saying that the line of logic (closeness to Harry = target) doesnt extend to Luna.

Again, its fine that you think Luna will die, and maybe she does, but the logic doesnt add up.

Spiffing Cheese
04-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I have no idea what's going to happen, and I don't really mind. She already killed Sirius off, she can't really do anything worse. :mad2:

If she kills Luna or Neville, I will never, ever, ever forgive her.

yoshigirl
04-22-2006, 12:56 AM
i think harry isnt gonna die, cause the prophacy says that one has to kill the other 1 (and there is no way that voldemort is gonna kill harry), and i think that snape is definitly dead. and ron will get rich and famous :greenking

dirkdirden
04-22-2006, 04:49 AM
another question a little off topic but still a good question.

In the books Ron is much taller than Harry, are they going to use "movie magic" to make Ron look taller in the next movie?
Becuase as it sits now Harry and ron are very close to same size, and that wont match the book, but then again when have they cared about matching the book.

TheAbominatrix
04-22-2006, 05:04 AM
They've been using it somewhat, I dont think they're too fussed on how much taller he needs to look. I'm pretty sure Daniel Radcliffe is a bit taller than Rupert Grint, but they've been using lifts and angles and such to make it look like Rupert is the taller one.

They do care about matching the book, but not to the point of nitpicking every last detail.

theundeadhero
04-22-2006, 08:51 AM
They very well couldn't make Hermione go on screen with too big teeth the first few movies before she had then fixed :p

Reeno the Alchemist
04-22-2006, 03:17 PM
<!--i think that Harry and his retarded friends will all die and burn in hell and i will laugh me arse off after that a big celebration will be at my house:radred: :radred: :radred: :radred: :radred: :evilking: :evilking: :evilking: :evilking: :evilking: :evilking: :evilking: :evilking: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha:-->

Yeah, not necessary. At all. Don't post like that again.

Just a warn will do, though, guys.

-kikimm

~SapphireStar~
04-22-2006, 04:25 PM
kid_chronocrossrules, please dont post crap like that here. Its uncalled for.
And I agree with TheAbominatrix, if the movies were like the book, we would be sat in cinemas for hours. Tiny details are missed out all the time with book adapations.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-24-2006, 05:32 AM
yeah really. you can't fit every single detail from a book into a movie. if you did, then when OOTP comes out in theatres, it would be like 12 hours long. ok guys, what do you think of this. maybe voldemort will possess neville because he is alot more vulnerable than harry is, and maybe harry will have to kill the possessed neville. i think that rowling won't kill fred or george, but possibly Mr. or Mrs. Weasley, because if you think about it, those two have always been really protective over harry, and with sirius and dumbledore( his actual only two protectors) gone, they are really the only ones that harry has to help protect him. so maybe one of them dies protecting him. and jk, please hurry up with book 7!!!!!!!!!!!!:choc2:

dirkdirden
04-24-2006, 08:21 AM
yeah they can't put everything in the movies, but they Left out far too much on the last movie, and the last movie was Barely 2 hours long. They could have and should have added another 30 or 40 mins too it. I am sure that Harry Potter fans wouldn't have goten tired watching 30 more mins.

the part I can't wait to see in the movies is when Harry Slams Draco with Snapes spell in the bathroom.

also. I have read all the books a number of times and I don't think it has said anything about James Potters Family. Were they all hunted down by Voldamort? If not Harry could have grandparents that are still alive, or an uncle or aunt. That would be kinda cool.

If someone has INFO on James Potters family let me know, becuase I can't remember them really talking about it.

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
They dont say anything about James' family, save for the fact that his parents were rich and he was a bit spoiled. Check out wikipedia.

I do wish that they would have split the movie in two, like the director wanted. Oh well.

Sole
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
it can be sad ending too, voldemort kills hermione or ron (or both) and then harry kills voldemort and becomes next dark lord and stuff, because he don't have friends anymore and he is very angry to himslef :radred:...

~SapphireStar~
04-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Nah, I dont see Harry becoming evil, evilness has caused him enough pain in his life, why give into it and become evil?

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, and I just dont see Rowling doing that with her beloved character. It's still also, all things considered, books aimed at younger people, so I dont think anything that dark and dramatic will happen.

Harry just doesnt have it in him to be evil, as pissy as he can sometimes be. He couldnt even get Avada Kedavra to work right, when one of the people he hated most killed one of the people he loved most.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-25-2006, 04:12 AM
yeah, i don't think that rowling will put harry on the dark side. it would be pretty screwed up if she did that though. but i think that she is gonna have an ending that will completely shock every one of us. i hate waiting and want to read it so badd!:choc2:

Moon Rabbits
04-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Alot of interesting theory/speculation here.

The other day in english class we had to review the heroic pattern, and I noticed Harry followed alot of it...which kind of made me guess the end of the seventh book.

Spoilers on all released books to follow:

This is the heroic pattern, retaining to Greek Mythology, but it does bear striking resemblance to the HP books.

Element 1: Early Life
1. Royal Parents (often one mortal/one divine)
2. Unusual conception/birth.
3. Attempt made on his life near time of birth, usually by father/grandfather.
4. Spirited away after attempt on life.
5. Reared by foster parents (returns to real home later).

Harry has a mudblood mother and a pureblood father, kind of like one mortal/one divine parent. He does not have an unusual conception/birth as far as we know. An attempt is made on his life near birth, it is however not made by a father/grandfather. He is taken from Gordic's Hollow by Hagrid after Voldemort tries to kill him and is left to be raised by the Dursely's. Harry mentions wanting to go back to Godric Hollow in Book Six (Godric's Hollow is his real home).

Element 2: Destiny
1. Fated to be great
2. Oracles/prophecies involved

Harry is fated to be a great wizard after Voldemort's attack fails, he is also fated to be a good seeker in Quidditch. We all know about the prophecy from Book Five.

Element 3: Journey/Quest
1. The hero takes on an epic quest (usually to prove hero status)
- Has a purpose for the journey
- Gains a guide
- Given a weapon/talisman with magic power
- Confronts death in the form of shades/monsters
- Tries to bring a person/item back from the underworld
- Only partly successful

This element of the pattern I find very interesting. The purpose of the journey is obviously to kill Voldemort, Dumbledore is/was his guide, every wizard can use magic (weapon in the form of a wand), Harry duels many monsters (spiders, many within the hedge maze of Book Four), he tries to run through the arch to get Sirius back from behind it, and here is the speculation. He is only partially successful in defeating Voldemort...how that's possible I'm unsure, of course I'm only guessing.

Element 4: Journey Home
1. Returns home after victory in his quest
2. Encounters new hardships

Harry wants to return to Godric's Hollow, but before the defeat of Voldemort.

Element 5: Reward
1. Becomes a king (usually)
2. Reign is short lived (enemies still remain)

This is the only element I see not fitting too well with the HP series.

Element 6: Romance
1. Relationships with women over the course of his journey
2. Marries princess, often daughter of the enemy

The first one is true, the second one probably won't be (hopefully).

Now on to the most interesting element:

Element 7: Tragic End
1. Often meets a mysterious death
2. Oracle/Prophecy fulfilled by the end of his life
3. Children do not succeed him

So, will Harry die after he kills Voldemort? Hm....

Sorry for the long post e.e;

Darknite
05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
i don't know, i think that they will have a giant battle. but after casting their most powerful spells, their spells collide and take both of them out. either that or along his journey to find Voledemort, Harry ron and Hermoine discover a powerful spell that they can only use together. they will use that spell to defeat voldemort. i have no clue what she will write after if that is the case.