PDA

View Full Version : organization names(maybe spoilers)

remghoost
04-17-2006, 07:16 AM
has anyone ever noticed how Xemnas' name is Ansem scrambled with an x?
and Roxas' name is Sora scrambled, with an x...
but i can figure out who's name the other members of the organization are scrambled up.... (sorry for the bad grammer, i wrote this late at night)
:confused:

Glitch
04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Look at some of Ansem's reports. You'll see the names of his apprentices, like "Ienzo"... Scamble that, add an "X"... Voila! Zexion!

Hope that helps.

remghoost
04-17-2006, 07:50 AM
yay, 3 down, 10 more to go....
i should really read the secret ansem reports....
maybe later

Neohart
04-18-2006, 06:01 AM
I actually found the reports to be very enlighting in the game. They answered a lot of unanswered questions.

SeeDRankLou
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
They have names that you might not think of. I mean I've never heard the name Briag, which is Xigbar's name. But I guess you could give it a shot. The one's in Ansem's reports are:

Briag - Xigbar
Dilan - Xaldin
Ienzo - Zexion
Even - Vexen
Elaeus - Lexaeus

The others are just for you to guess. Except maybe for Axel, I think Axel's real name might be Axel, because Ela or Lea or something else, it just doesn't sound right. But maybe not.

Cruise Control
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
LEA LOL

Larahl
04-18-2006, 09:30 PM
That's all the names I know:

I. Xemnas - Ansem

II. Xigbar - Braig

III. Xaldin - Dilan

IV. Vexen - Even

V. Lexaeus - Elaeus

VI. Zexion - Ienzo

VIII. Axel - Lea

XIII. Roxas - Sora

Tavrobel
04-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Saix, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene don't have "true names", as provided by the game. They are only up for speculation, and not likely to be revealed for any plot reason whatsoever in KH series, unless a spinoff for KHII is created.

Saix is also spelled with dierises over the "I", such accentation in English is not used, which would suggest that his name is not English, not Anglicized, or is possibly his actual name. It shouldn't naturally appear in Japanese, unless it were an imported word.

It could be his true name, in theory, which would be the reason as to why the other Organization members look so highly of Saix, as though HE were the second in charge, and not Xigbar, because he DID remember his true name.

Of course, this also occured to Roxas, and he subsequently rejoined with Sora, which branded him a traitor. Axel, who went on to find Roxas, was hunted by the next in order above him, of whom was Saix.

Saix == VII (7)
Axel == VIII (8)

Following the pattern of the first six, and Roxas, one could assume that their true names are a combination of the letters, without "X" in their name. If someone finds a reasonable anagram of letters for each member, don't forget to post it.

SeeDRankLou
04-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Saïx is also spelled with dierises over the "I", such accentation in English is not used, which would suggest that his name is not English, not Anglicized, or is possibly his actual name. It shouldn't naturally appear in Japanese, unless it were an imported word.
Yes it is. We don't really use the diaeresis anymore, but it is still accepted if you want to use it. In English it isn't used it for accentuation, but for proper pronunciation. A diaeresis is placed over the second of two adjacent vowels, and indicates that each one should be pronounced instead of combining them into one sound. Like the word naive, no one writes naïve anymore, but it is acceptable to write naïve. The diaeresis stopped being used in English (well, American English) in the early 40s for some reason, so you don't see it much anymore except for words that we borrow from other languages and proper nouns, and even then it's really rare. But, if you wanted to be very technically grammatically correct, you would write coöperate, reënact, noöne, etc etc. Read the New Yorker and you'll see a diaeresis every once in a while (the editor is a stickler for that kind of stuff).

Mercen-X
04-18-2006, 11:16 PM
They have names that you might not think of. I mean I've never heard the name Briag, which is Xigbar's name. But I guess you could give it a shot. The one's in Ansem's reports are:

Briag - Xigbar
Dilan - Xaldin
Ienzo - Zexion
Even - Vexen
Elaeus - Lexaeus

The others are just for you to guess. Except maybe for Axel, I think Axel's real name might be Axel, because Ela or Lea or something else, it just doesn't sound right. But maybe not.
Of course, I called Vexen "Even" weeks before the game came out. I was the first on the net to say it . . . I think.

Also, I think Larxene is "Arlene." :chuckle:

SeeDRankLou
04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Also, I think Larxene is "Arlene." :chuckle:
Oh Larxene has a country accent, I knew it. :chuckle:

remghoost
04-22-2006, 04:24 AM
wow, i never knew....
thanks for all the help, we know 9, maybe 10 (saix's name)
anyone know the other 3?

Marluxiaswife
04-22-2006, 06:35 AM
does it show marluixa's name? :confused:

remghoost
04-22-2006, 07:29 PM
does it show marluixa's name? :confused:
i would have to look....

Tavrobel
04-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Yes it is. We don't really use the diaeresis anymore, but it is still accepted if you want to use it. In English it isn't used it for accentuation, but for proper pronunciation. A diaeresis is placed over the second of two adjacent vowels, and indicates that each one should be pronounced instead of combining them into one sound. Like the word naive, no one writes naïve anymore, but it is acceptable to write naïve. The diaeresis stopped being used in English (well, American English) in the early 40s for some reason, so you don't see it much anymore except for words that we borrow from other languages and proper nouns, and even then it's really rare. But, if you wanted to be very technically grammatically correct, you would write coöperate, reënact, noöne, etc etc. Read the New Yorker and you'll see a diaeresis every once in a while (the editor is a stickler for that kind of stuff).

I've never seen it used properly unless it was on an imported word. Thanks for the info.

wow, i never knew....
thanks for all the help, we know 9, maybe 10 (saix's name)
anyone know the other 3?

does it show marluixa's name?

It only shows OXIII members I-VI, and XIII, in KHII.
Marluxia is number XI. So, therefore, no, at least, not by canon. A grand total of 7 members covered by the game itself. All else is fan fiction or speculation.

I do however think that names are restircted by gender, since there are differences between gender in the Nobody organization. Larxene is visibly female, as are most of the others, but they have male voice actors, except for Larxene. Even then, her title is one that isn't a very enlightening one. Being called a Nymph is not a good thing. So I doubt that Axel would be Lea, but anything is possible.

Mercen-X
04-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Marluxia = Amurila or Lumaria

vampirepiggyhunter7
04-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Try to think of some from FF for the last ones >.>

remghoost
04-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Try to think of some from FF for the last ones >.>

um, i don't think that they would do that, or maybe they would...
square has done soem pretty weird things...
i.e. cloud's hair, sora's hair, roxas' hair, etc

Mercen-X
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Theor:

Demyx = Emyd (emmett)
Luxord = Rould (like "rolled" the dice)
Marluxia = Lumaria
Larxene = Arlene
Saix = Isa
Axel = Rae (hray)
According to the Ansem Reports, Xigbar's real name has an "l" instead of an "r." The same could be true for Axel . . . Axer. Of course this system wouldn't apply to anyone whose name has both the "l" and "r" present in their name.

DJZen
04-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Briag doesn't have an L in it O.o;;;;;

Mercen-X
04-27-2006, 11:17 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Mercen-X/Illstickwithwhatsinthegame.jpg

HA!!!!

According to Ansem Report 3 in my game at least, which I bought from GameStop the day it was released, foo.

Tavrobel
04-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Oyy geez, that screenshot hurts your eyes.
And it's literally a "screenshot", lol
Camera's probably not even an inch away from the screen.

SeeDRankLou
04-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Why the hell did they do that? Ugh.....I think I skimmed that Ansem Report, saw the first two names and assumed that the rest were also like their Japanese coutnerparts. Ugh....

Xaldin - Dilin
Xigbar - Bleig
Lexaeus - Eleus

Well that flubs up the rules.

:mad:

Ok I'm over it. Good job pointing that out, I completely overlooked that. :D

Tavrobel
04-28-2006, 01:06 AM
They are mostly mistranslations, from my understanding of the situation. It does mess up the rules, but the PROPER translations of the names come out to what we have assumed they are, despite what the KHII reports state. Mostly being otherwise.

I'm really not surprised, as there are NUMEROUS other improper usages of grammar and mistranslations in other parts of the game. But do you consider the Japanese translation by people, or what in-game evidence says as canonical?

Even and Ienzo still follow the rules. As do Xemnas and Roxas.

Lord Xehanort
04-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Axel = Alex? (they just didn't add an X)

remghoost
04-29-2006, 07:43 PM
that is a possibility....
and nice screen shot Mercen-X :D

McLovin'
04-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Very interesting discovery.

Giga Guess
04-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Don't forget, too, that the Japanese phoenomes for L and R are interchangable.

Mercen-X
05-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Oyy geez, that screenshot hurts your eyes.
And it's literally a "screenshot", lol
Camera's probably not even an inch away from the screen.
1. I noticed that after I uploaded it. I was planning to resize when I came back but I need a "floppy" because this computer I'm using doesn't have an image editor.
2. I wish there was someway to play the game on my computer so I could just hit Print Screen.
They are mostly mistranslations, from my understanding of the situation. It does mess up the rules, but the PROPER translations of the names come out to what we have assumed they are, despite what the KHII reports state.

Even and Ienzo still follow the rules. As do Xemnas and Roxas.
It's probable that Xigbar is Braig, Lexaeus is Elaeus (pronounced the same) and that Axel's name is really supposed to have an L in it. I was just offering something that made more sense according to the game scripts. Aeris = Aerith.

Mercen-X
05-03-2006, 11:10 PM
There we go . . .

Theories adjusted (stretched to the limit):

Demyx = Mydas
Luxord = Roldo
Marluxia = Lumaria
Larxene = Elenar
Saix = Isa
Axel = Rae