PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy The most powerful?

The Last Oath
04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Would you say that Final Fantasy people is the most powerful make beileve (e.g Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat) people in history? I myself would have to say that Dragonball Z would easily take care of anything else ever invented such as Vegeta vs Sephiroth. Sephiroth only has a max hp of about 80,000 where as Vegeta and co got their 'power levels' up to and over 500,000,000, still that is only a 'power level' and not hp. I think Final Fantasy could overcome any other thing besides DBZ even though people have said to me that Neo from the Matrix could take all. What do you think?

Tavrobel
04-17-2006, 02:38 PM
In the Battle with Safer Sephiroth in FFVII, he has several million HP. Tripled if Cloud is level 99.

I'm sure the FF series could bring the beatdown on almost anyone. Except LotR characters.
Melkor + Sauron + Manwe > everyone in FF at the same time.
Legolas < Bard from FFIIIj.

The Last Oath
04-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Lotr characters would get hammered, Sauron wouldnt stand a chance against Goku, Goku would flick him and he would die

Tavrobel
04-17-2006, 03:32 PM
FF vs LotR, not LotR vs DBZ.

LotR would win anyways. You obviously haven't read the Silmarillion. Otherwise, Sauron wouldn't have his hands tied behind his back, died once in a sinking of a continent, and require that a Ring uphold his power.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-17-2006, 03:52 PM
DBZ is just rediculously overpowered anyway, so I don't particularily see why it matters. Final Fantasy characters are decent on the power spectrum, but that doesn't change the fact that they're far more interesting than the DBZ ones.

Yuffie514
04-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Renzokuken+Lion Heart, Omnislash, Break Damage Limit...those are super combos. think something like DBZ, even though Squall may be no match for a Saiyan, xD.

The Last Oath
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Indeed, maybe DBZ is overpowered so we wont count them in, At least Final Fantasy is realistic. Ok but would you say that Sauron would beat Omega Weapon or Penance? What about Cloud, Squall Tidus, And Zidane.

blackmage_nuke
04-18-2006, 08:41 AM
But what about the Genie from Aladin or Kingdom Hearts? He's all powerful and can do anything. One wish and your Saiyans are gone!

TheSpoonyBard
04-18-2006, 09:47 AM
In the Battle with Safer Sephiroth in FFVII, he has several million HP. Tripled if Cloud is level 99.
Not quite. Safer's HP starts at 80,000 and is increased by 30,000 for each character you have at Lv99. He gains an extra 80,000 if you use KotR against Jenova SYNTHESIS. This puts Safer's maximum HP at 400,000.

I don't think it is fair to compare characters' power levels from different games/stories as they do not use the same battle mechanics. To make a comparison you must first find a way of putting all the characters on a level playing field, then see who is the strongest.

Tavrobel
04-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Indeed, maybe DBZ is overpowered so we wont count them in, At least Final Fantasy is realistic. Ok but would you say that Sauron would beat Omega Weapon or Penance? What about Cloud, Squall Tidus, And Zidane.

Well, one has to be careful about which Sauron it is. It is Sauron when he had his full powers under the service of Melkor, or is it the Third Age Sauron when he was forced to revive his powers and life force through the Ring?

DBZ is ridiculously overpowered, but so is Melkor + Manwe. For the sake of fairness, we will not be including any First Age heroes from LotR (because really, Ulmo alone would beat Leviathan, not to mention that Osse, Ulmo's right hand Maiar is always ready to KILL ANYTHING, because he was at one point apprenticed to Melkor).

Not quite. Safer's HP starts at 80,000 and is increased by 30,000 for each character you have at Lv99. He gains an extra 80,000 if you use KotR against Jenova SYNTHESIS. This puts Safer's maximum HP at 400,000.

If Omnislash doesn't kill him, then he's got millions of HP. I don't care that the Maximum damage of Omni is 99990...

I don't think it is fair to compare characters' power levels from different games/stories as they do not use the same battle mechanics. To make a comparison you must first find a way of putting all the characters on a level playing field, then see who is the strongest.

We could set each character's highest powerful abilities to a damage level based on mana usage, and how quickly the ability can do 9999, with second-best weapons. Magic would probably be equal in most cases.

But what about the Genie from Aladin or Kingdom Hearts? He's all powerful and can do anything. One wish and your Saiyans are gone!

Melkor + Manwe > Genie.
Legolas < Sora's Heartless.

Lychon
04-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Some individuals from the Marvel Universe (read: X-Men :D) could take on and perhaps overpower DragonBall Z characters. Galactus, Silver Surfer, Beyonder, Gladiator, and maybe Apocalypse or Onslaught or C. Xavier are such individuals who may be able to stand a chance against DBZ charaters.

As far as Final Fantasy goes, I'm not sure who would be the most powerful from all the games. If Cloud could beat Sephiroth, then Ultimecia may be able to pawn them all. Plus she's got mad time manipulation skillz. :D

The way I remember it, the genie from Aladdin could not kill anyone, right? So I agree with Tavrobel that Melkor + Manwe would own Genie, but they probably would not be able to really 'hurt' or 'kill' him unless they destroyed his lamp.

-LYCHON