PDA

View Full Version : Why does everybody hate this game?

Peter_20
04-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I always thought this game was highly entertaining, and a cool twist from the other FF games; however, this opinion seems pretty rare.
Either somebody's unsatisfied with the system, or else they just think the game itself is plain boring.
Alright, I do agree on some parts being boring, like a few never-ending caves filled with Sleep- and Stone-enemies, but really, I think the game is excellent.

The most commonly criticized part is the leveling up part, that you're forced to use the cheating bug in order to succeed; but here's where the enemies' "Rank" part comes in: the higher the Enemy Rank, the better the status increase after battles; it's basically a different version of the usual leveling up part!
Instead of collecting EXP Points, you have to fight the right enemies, in order to get as great outcomes as possible at the end of the battles.
The Soldiers in Phin are a great example: they're Rank 5 or so, which means you'll get a hefty amount of status increases per battle; I actually got around +20 MP after only a few battles here.

So, in order to counter the seemingly boring leveling up system, just get away from those Hornets and whatnot,
and start fighting some harder enemies!
Think of it as leveling up the usual way, only that it works a bit different, although it's basically the same
(but still not :D).

DarkLadyNyara
04-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Already been done.

Crossblades
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
A similar thread has been done

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=78455

But as you can see, not everyone hates FF II:)

Zeromus_X
04-18-2006, 06:17 AM
*cough*horrible idiots*cough*:cat:

Peter_20
04-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Whoa, didn't know that.
Please close this one, then.

*cough*horrible idiots*cough*:cat::mad:

Christmas
04-03-2022, 02:51 AM
The unique leveling system isn't widely accepted by all at least for NES era. I have some issues figuring it out initially. :(