PDA

View Full Version : Easy dark aeon kills

Night_Blade
04-17-2006, 07:53 PM
you will need at least 100,00gil.
you will need to have yojimbo at overdrive.
pay him all you have and he should use zanmato, a one hit kill for all. yes even monsters with over 1,000,000hp.
it will kill them easily.

though some of you may know this.

so tell me if you have done it and how it went.
IT DOES WORK!!!!!!

Tavrobel
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
It has long been established that Zanmato kills any and all monsters if Yojimbo chooses to perform it. HP shouldn't even be a problem, since Zanmato doesn't even do damage. Before Int. came out, this was the preferred method of killing Nemesis.

100k? Try 1 million gil, International, or not. Overdrive will not affect your chances of getting Zanmato, since Zanmato affects all enemies on screen, regardless of number of enemies, and it is not an Overdrive, it is considered a Special attack, just as Impulse is Bahamut's Special attack, and Mega Flare is an Overdrive.

So I shall test the method without turning on my PS2, giving him 100,000 gil. My success rate? Assuming I have not used Zanmato before, my success rate is 0%. If I have use Zanmato before, it means I have already surpassed 100,000 gil, already paid Yojimbo more than 1 million in funds, and used it to raise my companionship rate with Yojimbo, which means it will be at any number above 10%.

Of course, International is for the very weak minded and those who lack strength of thumb, so I could buy that 100k gil will get you Zanmato...

For those who have not yet gotten Yojimbo, please consider everything you read here a spoiler.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-17-2006, 10:16 PM
yojimbo's overdrive does increase the chance of him using zanmato, but ur rite in that hp is regardless.

the chance of him using zanmato is also greatly increased if u giv him at least 1/2 of ur funds.

but personally, i NEVER use yojimbo, PERIOD. i play final fantasy games for fun (duh!?) and i see challenging fights as the most fun part of final fantasy games. that's why on my final fantasy X file, i never save the game after having defeated penance (so that i can fight him again), and i challenge nemesis frequently :D

Ultima Shadow
04-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Zanmato is the cheapest and most stupid move in the game, don't use it. It ruins all fun as far as battles goes.

Tavrobel
04-17-2006, 11:05 PM
yojimbo's overdrive does increase the chance of him using zanmato, but ur rite in that hp is regardless.

the chance of him using zanmato is also greatly increased if u giv him at least 1/2 of ur funds.

but personally, i NEVER use yojimbo, PERIOD. i play final fantasy games for fun (duh!?) and i see challenging fights as the most fun part of final fantasy games. that's why on my final fantasy X file, i never save the game after having defeated penance (so that i can fight him again), and i challenge nemesis frequently :D

It doesn't affect the rate, it just seems it does because it want it to happen. I'm not sure about doing Double Overdrive, or Grand Summon however, but simply summoning him when he's got a full bar doesn't raise his chances.

Never heard the 1/2 funds static, but I'm sure by the point you can consider using Zanmato, your funds would have to be large, so even 1/2 of your funds would be a substantial amount.

But normally, I don't use Yojimbo either. Only for testing stuff.

Dell
04-19-2006, 11:09 AM
I didn't use Yojimbo either, what the hell, so much rules? I did succeed once using Zanmato on Dark Bahamut but I think... it's not fun at all so I reset. As long as you train hard, you can kill every fiends even Penance. I'm training hard now, My Wakka and Tidus already finished the entire sphere grid, I'm going to train Rikku, Lulu and Kimahri since they're the weakest. Dark Aeons is easier than I thought, I just killed Dark Valefor, Dark Ifrit, Dark Ixion x2 and Dark Shiva. Omega Weapon is a joke.

Crop
04-19-2006, 11:30 AM
My Wakka and Tidus already finished the entire sphere grid

How can you find the free time to do all that.

Markus. D
04-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Zanmato is for nubzors.

:)

Just get Lulu to tank for you :)

Dell
04-19-2006, 03:03 PM
How can you find the free time to do all that.

TRAIN!!

Only those who try will become! Hardwork is important for great achievement, lazy people just use shortcut.

Ok, I'm a perfect-win-guy. So I would do anything to get the game completed and I will not do a shortcut or easy way. I want a challenge and Zanmato is a cheating for me.

If you really don't want to train hard, there is Don Tonberry Trick which increase your AP fast, it's because I want a challenge, I only customize Double Overdrive and Overdrive>AP for that.

Crop
04-19-2006, 05:23 PM
TRAIN!!

Only those who try will become! Hardwork is important for great achievement, lazy people just use shortcut.

Ok, I'm a perfect-win-guy. So I would do anything to get the game completed and I will not do a shortcut or easy way. I want a challenge and Zanmato is a cheating for me.

If you really don't want to train hard, there is Don Tonberry Trick which increase your AP fast, it's because I want a challenge, I only customize Double Overdrive and Overdrive>AP for that.

Yeah but how can you find the time? I mean dont you have other things to do? I have the patiance to do it but most of the time im just to busy.

Dell
04-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm still a student, I play FFX after I finished up my homework, studies and some work. It's easy, just have Double AP or Triple AP in weapon then fight the monster in Omega Ruins especially Master Tonberry. You can get Triple AP weapon from One-Eye which can be unlocked with:

Floating Eye (4) - Mi'ihen Highroad/Mushroom Rock Road
Buer (4) - Thunder Plains
Evil Eye (4) - Macalania Snowy Way
Ahriman (4) - Mt. Gagazet/Inside Sin
Floating Death (4) - Omega Ruins

Personally, I just catch 10 of them just to make things easier to unlock Nemesis.

Crop
04-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm still a student, I play FFX after I finished up my homework, studies and some work. It's easy, just have Double AP or Triple AP in weapon then fight the monster in Omega Ruins especially Master Tonberry. You can get Triple AP weapon from One-Eye which can be unlocked with:

Floating Eye (4) - Mi'ihen Highroad/Mushroom Rock Road
Buer (4) - Thunder Plains
Evil Eye (4) - Macalania Snowy Way
Ahriman (4) - Mt. Gagazet/Inside Sin
Floating Death (4) - Omega Ruins

Personally, I just catch 10 of them just to make things easier to unlock Nemesis.

It makes sence.

Dell
04-19-2006, 06:10 PM
It makes sense.

So....??

Crop
04-19-2006, 06:37 PM
So....??

So nothing, I was just stating.

lady yunalesca
04-19-2006, 06:46 PM
actually you are better having overdrive-ap and having one character in stoic and the others in comrade, use your character in stoic attack don tonberry in the monster arena and the others to heal him when he gets killed!! you can get up to 20 moves from one fight, when you get break damage limit on your weapons!!! i got all of mine around the board and filled in the empties with spheres i got off the other feinds in the arena!! its very time consuming, but it gives you a sense that you have played the game well!!! and yes zanmato does work on the dark aeons!! you have to build upi your relationship with yojimbo, if its good enough he will use zanmato wether you have 100k or one million!!! it really doesnt matter! :)

Dell
04-20-2006, 03:55 PM
actually you are better having overdrive-ap and having one character in stoic and the others in comrade, use your character in stoic attack don tonberry in the monster arena and the others to heal him when he gets killed!! you can get up to 20 moves from one fight, when you get break damage limit on your weapons!!! i got all of mine around the board and filled in the empties with spheres i got off the other feinds in the arena!! its very time consuming, but it gives you a sense that you have played the game well!!! and yes zanmato does work on the dark aeons!! you have to build upi your relationship with yojimbo, if its good enough he will use zanmato wether you have 100k or one million!!! it really doesnt matter! :)

chills down, men... I will never use Zanmato...forever, if I ever summoned him, I would pay about 1333 Gil hoping that Daigoro or Zanmato don't succeed, I always keep a good relationship with my Yojimbo, especially when I never let him die even once in battle.

Night_Blade
04-20-2006, 04:42 PM
i had to use zanmato to kill dark valefour. i did not get the item from besaid temple and i wanted anima and the magnus sisters

lady yunalesca
04-21-2006, 10:30 PM
chills down, men... I will never use Zanmato...forever, if I ever summoned him, I would pay about 1333 Gil hoping that Daigoro or Zanmato don't succeed, I always keep a good relationship with my Yojimbo, especially when I never let him die even once in battle.

(rocks back and forth) sorry dude, dont know WHAT happened to me then.................i went all pro yojimbo (shudders) anima is the aeon who kicks fiend ass!!! :)

Night_Blade
04-21-2006, 10:33 PM
despite zanmato being unfair it can get u out of hopelss situations.