PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden V

Kinnis
04-17-2006, 11:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone has played this game yet? If you haven't you should.

Any fan of this series will love this game, some say it's even better than Suikoden II. Even if you haven't played the series, check it out.

Dreddz
04-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Itd not better than Suikoden II, nor the first. It better than the forth. I havent played the third, but i heard its pretty good, so I guess it could rival that.

Raistlin
04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
It's not better than Suikoden II. No way. But it is better than S1 and a bit better (mostly on the technical improvements - battle system, skills system, etc) than S3. But it really is a very good game, the best PS2 RPG I've played. And it's very long.

Erdrick Holmes
04-17-2006, 11:54 PM
I heard that this game's tactitian is neither a Silverburg nor the student of a Silverburg. Somebody explain this.

Raistlin
04-18-2006, 12:44 AM
She's a hot young blonde that wins battles by seducing the enemy generals.

EDIT: holy crap, there may be more truth in that than I realized. So THAT's why she absolutely never tells you what the hell she's going to do - because she doesn't know until she lays a couple guys. I'm a genius.

Kinnis
04-18-2006, 04:26 AM
Well, it isn't completely better than II i'll say, but it's damn good. I suggest you trying it out though for sure! It's given me hope for the series after IV..

Madame Adequate
04-18-2006, 04:42 AM
My copy is ordered and currently in the mail to me. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week.

~SapphireStar~
04-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Europe is meant to be getting this game 1st September according to Play.com. And never in a million years will it outrank S2. Whoever came up with that doest appricate greatness.

Ichimonji
04-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm not too far into the game, as I don't have my Headquarters yet, but I am thoroughly enjoying myself. I really like most of all how they've greatly improved the One-on-one battle system, it's much more intense this way. I love all the nostalgia too; like the battle system, the World Map, and of course, the pixelated characters running on the Loading screen. The voice acting is good too, although I think Sialeeds and Lym have too high pitch voices for the characters that they actually are. I personally picture Sialeeds with a Lulu type tone.

All in all, I really enjoy it.

Madame Adequate
04-21-2006, 07:01 PM
I love this game. That is pretty much all I can say, but I love it. It's brought back so many memories of the fun I had when I was younger with RPGs, and I have been playing it religiously.

So far I doubt it can beat II, as has been said, but it's better than III and (Obviosly) IV. I I'm not sure about, they'll possibly come in about the same, but if V continues at this pace it might well move up higher than I.

RedCydranth
05-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I'm a HUGE Suikoden fan. I am more in love with that series than Final Fantasy, honestly. That definitely is saying a lot too.

A lot of the characters are well done. What makes this game so great is the amount of character depth. I would rank this game near II in overall greatness. It beats 1 because Suiko 1 had a lot of flaws in it, like too many in battle characters, the development of characters was minimal, it just had a damn god story. III and IV were good in their own right, but V really blows them out of the water.

As for Lucretia, the game's strategist, I know a lot about her, as I've beaten this game 3 times. Lucretia is Karayan, but left the Karaya tribe when she was young and studied strategy in Harmonia for a long time. This is revealed in the cutscenes with Cathari late in the game. Also, it is rumored that she is not into guys, as she hints several times in the game that she and Lelei have a side fling. Nowhere did anyone say the game;s strategist had to be a Silverburg. Shu of II wasn't a Silverburg, Nor is Apple, Salome or Dios. The Silverburgs are elite when it comes to strategy, but the Series does not revolve around them, and this game established that.

Has anyone else here finished the game? I have seen all the endings, gotten all the characters so I'm a veritable master of this game, and of this series. The only game in the series I haven't beaten more than twice is IV, and thats because that game was terrible. But V makes IV better because of the references to the Island Nations found all over.

If there are questions, I'll be happy to answer them as well.