PDA

View Full Version : Random topic: Auron and Tifa's voices

SuperMillionaire
04-18-2006, 01:52 AM
I really dig the voices of Auron and Tifa. Auron's voice (Matt McKenzie) is very "gruff" and tough. He grunts and growls whenever he hits a heartless, and I also like it when he says "Farewell". Tifa's voice is a bit too high-pitched for her. She's about 20-22, but sounds like she's 16! I say that her voice (Rachael Leigh Cook) is like a mixture of the voices of Aerith (Mena Suvari) and Yuffie (Mae Whitman). Aerith's voice is very sweet, and Yuffie's voice is very energetic.

Giga Guess
04-18-2006, 02:22 AM
I envisioned Tifa's voice to be a little deeper, but it seemed okay to me.

Orophin
04-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Well, the guy who did Auron's voice in KHII is the same guy who did Auron's voice for FFX.

Cruise Control
04-18-2006, 02:45 AM
HE SAID THE ARMOR BREAK LINE.

mooglebunni608
04-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Aeris sounds like she has a muffin stuck in her throat
Auron came out ok
Tifa cam out pefect IMO

Ballistix Man
04-18-2006, 03:27 AM
Auron imo has the best voice acting of the FF charachters

Zeromus_X
04-18-2006, 05:55 AM
They could've picked better voices for Cloud and Seph, and Aerith sounded really weird for whatever reason. Not bad, but Mandy Moore is much better.

Tifa and Auron are the best voice actors. :cat: And Tifa is so funny! :p

Heartless Soul
04-18-2006, 06:03 AM
The girl that voices Tifa is SIMPLY beautiful. She looks like a human verison of her, if that makes sense. Too bad I'm gay.

:(

Auron, his English voice will ALWAYS dominate the Japanese one. I pretty much prefer a minority of the cast in FFX/FFX-2 in English.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Auron = perfect voicing.

And you can't really discredit Sephiroth. I mean, come on. Last game, they had Lance Bass. LANCE BASS. they could have given him mickeys voice, it would have been an improvement. Would be Destroyer of the World, One Winged Angel, Boy Band Sensation?

Also lost points for no Boreanaz IMO.

DMKA
04-18-2006, 12:40 PM
I much preffered Mandy Moore and Christy Romano over Mena Suvari and Mae Whitman. While I didn't mind the change in Yuffie's voice much at all, I thought Aerith's was terrible. It just didn't fit her.

Giga Guess
04-18-2006, 01:20 PM
I much preffered Mandy Moore and Christy Romano over Mena Suvari and Mae Whitman. While I didn't mind the change in Yuffie's voice much at all, I thought Aerith's was terrible. It just didn't fit her.

Well, Menu Suvari is growing on me, but IMHO, yeah Mandy Moore was far better.

SuperMillionaire
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
I like their voices. Tifa is a silly adult girl; she's funny. And you know something? Kairi is 15 and she has a deeper voice that Tifa! She's about 20-22, but sounds like she's 16! Maybe because she is youthful, energetic, upbeat, and happy, like Yuffie is. Tifa is an adult, but has the personality of a teenager! "Hey, who says that adults can't be upbeat and happy?" is what Tifa would say, and I like her.

Mercen-X
04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I really dig the voices of Auron and Tifa. Auron's voice (Matt McKenzie) is very "gruff" and tough. He grunts and growls whenever he hits a heartless, and I also like it when he says "Farewell". Tifa's voice is a bit too high-pitched for her. She's about 20-22, but sounds like she's 16! I say that her voice (Rachael Leigh Cook) is like a mixture of the voices of Aerith (Mena Suvari) and Yuffie (Mae Whitman). Aerith's voice is very sweet, and Yuffie's voice is very energetic.
I liked Mae Whitman, I didn't know until after beating the game that it was CCR. I learned most of the cast in Tips & Tricks and Yuffie wasn't on the list.
I didn't like Mena Suvari's underspoken voice. It just sounded weird. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Mandy Moore did any better.
I think RLC was perfect for Tifa. Though I still can't get over her not finding Cloud.
Also, I think Jesse McCartney Made a better Roxas than HJO made a Sora.

DMKA
04-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Well, Menu Suvari is growing on me, but IMHO, yeah Mandy Moore was far better.
Oh, I don't have anything against her as an actress or a person, or even her voice...I just thought it was very unbefitting to the character.

Giga Guess
04-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Oh, I don't have anything against her as an actress or a person, or even her voice...I just thought it was very unbefitting to the character.

Yeah...if she would've done anything other than the whisper, it wpould have been worlds better.

SuperMillionaire
04-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Have you seen the Cloud and Tifa vs Sephiroth KH2 scene in both English AND Japanese? Notice than when Tifa shouts "HAAAAA!", Ayumi Ito (her Japanese voice) says it with more authority in her voice. Rachael Leigh Cook, however, didn't shout with enough authority. She sounded a little weird, but I like her voice: sweet, girly, and energetic.

Marluxiaswife
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
i like yuripa japanese and english voices, auron's voice is good too,
i didn't like tifa english voice only her japanese,
same with sephiroth he scared me in the game when i fought him :(
cloud's voice is good in japanese and english too,
leon's voice some reason sounded different than in part one,
i like his japanese/english but in part two i'm :confused:
yuffie i didn't like i liked who did her voice in part one, he japanese really is better for her thought,
then aeris voice was werid, yeah her frist voice was better so with her japanese voice too :greenie:

Giga Guess
04-20-2006, 12:22 AM
David Boreanaz didn't do voices this time around. That's why Leon's voice sounded different.

SuperMillionaire
04-20-2006, 01:51 AM
I thought Leon's voice sounded similar...

Anyway...

Tifa: "Wow, Auron, your voice is really gruff!"

Auron: "Well, Tifa, your voice is really high-pitched!"

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-20-2006, 01:53 AM
........most voices were changed, 4 the worst

SuperMillionaire
04-20-2006, 01:56 AM
I like the voices.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-20-2006, 01:59 AM
i liked the ones from the first better

DMKA
04-20-2006, 02:08 AM
........most voices were changed, 4 the worst
4?

The only voices I thought were enough of a change to even notice were Aerith's and Ansem's, and while I thought Aerith's voice change was bad, I thought Ansem the Wise had the PERFECT voice. It couldn't of been more fitting to the character.

Unfortunately, for some reason, they felt the need to go back and redo all the voice acting of Ansem/Xemnas' Heartless in the flashbacks, which I thought looked terrible. It didn't fit at all. They also did this with Aerith in the flashbacks aswell, yet all the flashback scenes with Sora talking have clearly been left as they were seeing as it's Haley Joel Osment's younger, high pitced voice and not his current, deepend voice. I assume it's because they didn't want two different voice actors on the same role in the same game...perhaps even for legal reasons.

Other than that though, my only complaint on the voice acting was James Horan's extremely dissapointing performance, but that's understandable when you're trying to fill the spot of Jeremy Irons as Scar (which is impossible).

Skyblade
04-20-2006, 04:21 AM
4?

The only voices I thought were enough of a change to even notice were Aerith's and Ansem's, and while I thought Aerith's voice change was bad, I thought Ansem the Wise had the PERFECT voice. It couldn't of been more fitting to the character.

Unfortunately, for some reason, they felt the need to go back and redo all the voice acting of Ansem/Xemnas' Heartless in the flashbacks, which I thought looked terrible. It didn't fit at all. They also did this with Aerith in the flashbacks aswell, yet all the flashback scenes with Sora talking have clearly been left as they were seeing as it's Haley Joel Osment's younger, high pitced voice and not his current, deepend voice. I assume it's because they didn't want two different voice actors on the same role in the same game...perhaps even for legal reasons.

Other than that though, my only complaint on the voice acting was James Horan's extremely dissapointing performance, but that's understandable when you're trying to fill the spot of Jeremy Irons as Scar (which is impossible).

4=for

Yeah, Cristopher Lee was just awesome in that role. Seriously, he rocked. I was so glad when I heard they casted him. And then, when I heard him perform... Yay!

I'm not sure what I think of Aeris' voice just as a voice, but the voiced changed too much when they switched actresses for me to be completely happy with it.

I noticed the Ansem flashbacks too, but I wrote that off. They aren't just Sora's memories, after all, they have been manipulated by Namine and possibly by DiZ as well. Still, I don't see any reason why they couldn't have just left them alone.

Giga Guess
04-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Ugh....I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone could truly have filled Billy Zane's shoes in voicing Ansem/Xehanort/Xemnas/whatever. I'm sorry, but he just had FAR more presence.

Skyblade
04-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Ugh....I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone could truly have filled Billy Zane's shoes in voicing Ansem/Xehanort/Xemnas/whatever. I'm sorry, but he just had FAR more presence.

I'm just wondering why they had to change the flashbacks. Why did Xemnas and Ansem have to have the same voice? Roxas and Sora didn't...

SuperMillionaire
04-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Richard Epcar is Xehanort. Paul St. Peter is Xemnas.

DMKA
04-20-2006, 11:40 PM
4=for
Then for the love of Jesus child raping Christ just type the fucking word.

Skyblade
04-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Richard Epcar is Xehanort. Paul St. Peter is Xemnas.

Yes, but Xehanort is the one you see in the flashback when Mickey recognizes him.

Xemnas and Ansem (that's Ansem, the Seeker of Darkness, not Ansem the Wise) were voiced by the same person, according to the credits.

Then for the love of Jesus child raping Christ just type the smurfing word.

Agreed.

Ashley Schovitz
04-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Aeris' sounded weird, Auron and Tifa were fine, Cloud was so so.

SuperMillionaire
04-21-2006, 01:59 AM
I envisioned Tifa's voice to be a little deeper, but it seemed okay to me.

Hey, do you wanna know something? Freddie Prince Jr.'s wife is Sarah Michelle Gellar, and she was a martial artist; she played Daphne Blake in the Scooby Doo movies, as well as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now, in the movie She's All That, his main co-star is Rachael Leigh Cook. She never played a martial artist, either in live-acting or voice acting, and now, she becomes the voice of Tifa Lockheart. How interesting. Square-Enix picked someone who never played a martial artist before.

Also interesting is the fact that SMG has a much deeper voice than RLC. Who do you think would be better for the part of Tifa: Sarah or Rachael?

Also, Sarah is only 5'2. How tall is Rachael?

GhandiOwnsYou
04-21-2006, 03:55 AM
David Boreanaz didn't do voices this time around. That's why Leon's voice sounded different.

that was why i was giving out negative points. They didn't have Boreanaz in this one, and I didn't like the new voice actor that much. Dave did betta yo.

Giga Guess
04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
that was why i was giving out negative points. They didn't have Boreanaz in this one, and I didn't like the new voice actor that much. Dave did betta yo.

Amen...

DMKA
04-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey, do you wanna know something? Freddie Prince Jr.'s wife is Sarah Michelle Gellar, and she was a martial artist; she played Daphne Blake in the Scooby Doo movies, as well as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now, in the movie She's All That, his main co-star is Rachael Leigh Cook. She never played a martial artist, either in live-acting or voice acting, and now, she becomes the voice of Tifa Lockheart. How interesting. Square-Enix picked someone who never played a martial artist before.

Also interesting is the fact that SMG has a much deeper voice than RLC. Who do you think would be better for the part of Tifa: Sarah or Rachael?

Also, Sarah is only 5'2. How tall is Rachael?
How in the hell does any of that have anything to do with voice acting?

Giga Guess
04-22-2006, 12:32 AM
I WILL admit, SMG probably would've done a better Tifa. But, as DMKA said, that's a pretty convoluted path to get to that point....:confused:

SuperMillionaire
04-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Well, I think SMG's voice is a little TOO deep, and that doesn't suit Tifa's personality. RLC's voice is a little too high-pitched, but it suits her better, so I'll have to say RLC.