PDA

View Full Version : Really Stuck Defeating Wiegraf/Velius!

Kazekat
04-18-2006, 06:03 PM
I've tried beating him about 10 times already and I can't really seem to figure out how to beat him. I don't have a Chameleon Robe either :eep:
I'm saved right before the battle so I'm really stuck. I can defeat Wiegraf in the first part of the battle by having Abandon as an ability and just hitting him twice as a ninja. Here's my party:

Teru (Ramza)
Lv. 33
Class: Ninja (master knight)
BRAVE 74 FAITH 71
Throw
Item
Abandon
Equip Sword
Move +2

Hannibal
Lv. 32
Class: Ninja (master, nearly a master thief)
BRAVE 62 FAITH 55
Throw
Steal
Abandon
Equip Sword
Jump +2

Slader
Lv. 28
Class: Samurai (he's also a bard)
BRAVE 66 FAITH 70
Draw Out
White Magic
Meatbone Slash
Two Hands
Move +1

Katherine
Lv. 27
Class: Time Mage (knows Meteor)
BRAVE 78 FAITH 85
Time Magic
Talk Skill
Damage Split
Monster Talk
Teleport

Lucy
Lv. 29
Class: Dancer (master)
BRAVE 67 FAITH 49
Dance
Elemental
Counter
Equip Sword
Fly

I'm anyone has any ideas, please help!

feioncastor
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Honestly, I think the key to winning this fight is Ramza's squire skill "Yell". Just have Ramza yell at himself over and over again until he is getting like 5 or 6 turns in a row, then attack Wiegraf. Once he turns into Velius, Ramza will still be getting a ridiculous number of consecutive turns, and you can just walk around the room beating all the guys. You might want to have him accumulate a few times too, while yelling a bunch, just to increase his attack power for the upcoming fight.

Kuroshima
04-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Also with using Yell and Accumalute so his power gets up too.

Despotus
04-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Agreed. You must avoid Wiegraf completely while you 'Yell' about 25-30 times at yourself. After 'Yelling', you should 'Accumulate' at least 10 times as well. If you get hit, it is also a good idea to have Chemist's Item skill as one of your two skills so you can take an X-potion. Or even better, use auto-potion and drop all of your potions and hi-potions out of your inventory before starting the battle. I hope you have some of these skills available to you: Guts (Yell), Item (Xpotion), Auto Potion, Two Swords, Move +3.; they are a very useful combo for the first battle. You could even go as a Ninja with Guts as a secondary and Equip Armor instead of Two Swords, but Auto Potion and Yell are a must. Be sure your equipment provides as much Movement (Germainas or Battle Boots) and HP (heaviest armor and helmet/thief hat) as possible. Attack Power and Speed are not as important because you will be boosting them up up up during the battle.

After using this strategy in the Weigraf battle, Velius never stands a chance against you because the increased Speed and Attack Power carry over into the second battle!! If you worry about your other, slower characters getting hit (which they probably won't), give them the lancer ability Jump if they have it, or MP Switch. They can either fly up into the air and avoid attacks or get hit for MP damage instead of HP. Either way "Super Teru" should kill Velius in 3 or 4 moves at the most. Good Luck, let us know what happens.;)

Kazekat
04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely take your advice and see how it goes. :)

six underground
05-03-2006, 05:02 AM
you and i get along with the ninja thief and the sword dancer! exact same set-up :)

Kazekat
05-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Looks like I'll be starting a new game, I just can't seem to beat him. Plus, I'm missing some necessary abilities... but next time I get up to this battle I'll make sure to have all these abilites for Ramza. :D
Thank you everyone! ^^

dodhungry
05-04-2006, 12:31 AM
seems like a lot of people get stuck at this point then ask for advice.
After the first time I never went there before lvl 45. Velius + lvl 45 Ramza = doom for Velius and a cup cake for me :confused: