PDA

View Full Version : Online site/server problem checker.

Loony BoB
04-18-2006, 07:31 PM
What's the name of that site you use to ensure that all the settings and systems etc. on your server are working okay? I can't remember. It gives you a sort of analysis on your nameservers, giving you cautions or warning on various things so you can spot what you could look into to get your website more secure or something. Sorry for the lack of quality description, but if I could describe it easily I could probably find it easily too. What I do know is that the results of a check will have a lengthy basic-looking table with the results in them.

Endless
04-18-2006, 09:26 PM
http://www.dnsreport.com/

Loony BoB
04-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Cheers, mate, that's exactly what I needed.

Now another question... setting up an SPF record, is this something Coach or Phoenix could help me with? Because I don't know the answers to the questions on the form, and I need to set this up as I'm getting spam emails going out from fake emails from my domain, and it's really annoying getting 50-odd mailer deamons every day for emails I haven't even sent out.

Samuraid
04-19-2006, 05:12 AM
It's pretty easy, as the one server (ns3.square-network.com) is the only server that will send mail from your sites. You won't have to fill out any of the custom fields for multiple servers.

Loony BoB
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
It's pretty easy, as the one server (ns3.square-network.com) is the only server that will send mail from your sites. You won't have to fill out any of the custom fields for multiple servers.
Maybe I'll contact you when I get home so I can go through the entire form with you, because in all honesty, I don't know what I'm doing in that thing. From your post, I've figured out what to put for a whole two questions. =x