PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Atlantica Song

Heartless Soul
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't care if you hate this world, don't bother posting if you're going to yap about how it sucks. Go post that in LiveJournal. I don't care. Also, you don't HAVE to like the world, but I see some people at least enjoying a song or two. I'd like Ursula's Revenge the most and the last one, but forgot the name of it.

Note to mod: If you know the name of the last song, please edit the poll and add it.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-18-2006, 10:08 PM
i like under the sea, tis good music

SeeDRankLou
04-18-2006, 10:28 PM
I liked Swim This Way the best.

Acid Raine
04-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Swim this Way way STOOPUD. "We'll have a lot of finny fun" ...wtf?

I liked Ursula's Revenge.

btw, its called "A New Day is Dawning"

mooglebunni608
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
under the sea is yummy :3

Mercen-X
04-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Little Mermaid: "Part of Your World"
Most memorable would be "Unda Da Sea"
Beauty and the Beast: "Beauty and the Beast"
Most memorable would be "Be Our Guest"
Sleeping Beauty: "I Know You"
Was that the only song in Sleeping Beauty?
Aladdin: "A Whole New World"
Most memorable would be "A Friend Like Me"
Cinderella: "Dreams (A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes)"
Most memorable would be "Bippity Bobbity Boo"
Lion King: "Just Can't Wait to Be King"
Most memorable would be "Hakuna Matata"

KH-Cloudy
04-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Last one..a new day is dawning or something like that..just because i heard sora sing

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-19-2006, 07:08 AM
In terms of just being a pretty song it's "Part of Your World," even if it's Disney and all I've always thought it was a really solid song.

As far as favorites though, definitely "Under the Sea". Definitely. Bloody hilarious.

Acid Raine
04-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Last one..a new day is dawning or something like that..just because i heard sora sing
Sora sings in Under the Sea, and kind of talks during Ursula's Revenge.

Cruise Control
04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Ursala's revenge is my favorite. Under the sea is sucon. We got a hot crustacean band!

ehsteve
04-19-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't care if you hate this world, don't bother posting if you're going to yap about how it sucks. Go post that in LiveJournal. I don't care.
I somehow have a feeling that this was directed at me...

Anyway, my favorite song was easily "Under the Sea." Not as good as the movie's version, but what can you do?

*~Angel Wing~*
04-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I vote for "Swim This Way" only cuz Sora looks the stupidest in it. :kaolaugh: My favorite actual song is probably "Under The Sea" though.

Heartless Soul
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I somehow have a feeling that this was directed at me...
Not at all. However, I would direct it to the indivisuals that type LiK dIs and go around screaming ''BlArh!11 aTLanita sux!!1 gheY!!11 Booo!111 sux!!''.

DMKA
04-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Ursula's Revenge was my favorite.

Heartless Soul
04-23-2006, 09:26 PM
''Never toy with a girl like me'' - Yep, classic line from Ursula's Revenge.

Sefie1999AD
04-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't have the game, but I own the soundtrack, so I hope that makes my opinions valid. :) I've also seen the musical scene videos in Japanese, and some ("Ursula's Revenge" and "The New Day is Dawning") in English. Here's my thoughts:

Swim This Way - Happy happy happy, at least in Japanese! :D It's a bit annoying, though also funny. I like how Ariel ends it with a solo.

Part of Your World - I loved this song in the movie, I'm very glad SE put it in this game. It's still a great remake of the movie version, although it's shorter than in the movie. I can't wait to hear this in the English version.

Under the Sea - For some reason, I never liked this song much in the movie. However, the KH2 version of it is great, mostly because it has both Sora and Ariel singing. ^^ I've only seen the Japanese version of the scene, but it's funny how Sora dances with Ariel, and he also says things like "Darling, it's better down where it's wetter" (or something like that).

Ursula's Revenge - This scene is great, even better than in the movie since it's in musical form. The English version was also great, and I liked Sora's comments there. "Sorry, mommy, your poopsies are toast!" Great song as well.

A New Day is Dawning - Overly happy as well, but I really like this one. ^^ It has pretty much everyone singing, including the Mermaid Princesses, King Triton, Sebastian, Flounder, Ariel, Sora, Donald and Goofy. A beautiful song in the English version, and nice lyrics too. Great work by Yoko Shimomura, this song doesn't actually get blown away by Alan Menken's songs, IMHO. An extra question, though: is the singing really as desynchronized with the music in the English version as it is in the Youtube clip? :eek:

I'll vote for "A New Day is Dawning" as my personal favorite in the game, although "Part of Your World" is probably an even more beautiful song (at least in the movie).

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-23-2006, 11:51 PM
they should have an mp3 download of under the sea

Heartless Soul
04-24-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't have the game, but I own the soundtrack, so I hope that makes my opinions valid. :) I've also seen the musical scene videos in Japanese, and some ("Ursula's Revenge" and "The New Day is Dawning") in English. Here's my thoughts:

Swim This Way - Happy happy happy, at least in Japanese! :D It's a bit annoying, though also funny. I like how Ariel ends it with a solo.

Part of Your World - I loved this song in the movie, I'm very glad SE put it in this game. It's still a great remake of the movie version, although it's shorter than in the movie. I can't wait to hear this in the English version.

Under the Sea - For some reason, I never liked this song much in the movie. However, the KH2 version of it is great, mostly because it has both Sora and Ariel singing. ^^ I've only seen the Japanese version of the scene, but it's funny how Sora dances with Ariel, and he also says things like "Darling, it's better down where it's wetter" (or something like that).

Ursula's Revenge - This scene is great, even better than in the movie since it's in musical form. The English version was also great, and I liked Sora's comments there. "Sorry, mommy, your poopsies are toast!" Great song as well.

A New Day is Dawning - Overly happy as well, but I really like this one. ^^ It has pretty much everyone singing, including the Mermaid Princesses, King Triton, Sebastian, Flounder, Ariel, Sora, Donald and Goofy. A beautiful song in the English version, and nice lyrics too. Great work by Yoko Shimomura, this song doesn't actually get blown away by Alan Menken's songs, IMHO. An extra question, though: is the singing really as desynchronized with the music in the English version as it is in the Youtube clip? :eek:

I'll vote for "A New Day is Dawning" as my personal favorite in the game, although "Part of Your World" is probably an even more beautiful song (at least in the movie).
I think you might like Ursula's Revenge in English a lot better. Her original VA (in the US, I mean) does a much better job. Not to say Kuijra (she's also a voice actress for a ''certain'' character in Naruto) doesn't good job, but let's just Ursual's real VA in the US brings a certain ''charm'' out of the song.

You don't like Under The Sea? Such a shame, but, to each his own.

Giga Guess
04-24-2006, 01:44 PM
I liked A New Day Is Dawning, VERY closely followed by Ursula's Revenge.

Sefie1999AD
04-24-2006, 01:55 PM
I think you might like Ursula's Revenge in English a lot better. Her original VA (in the US, I mean) does a much better job. Not to say Kuijra (she's also a voice actress for a ''certain'' character in Naruto) doesn't good job, but let's just Ursual's real VA in the US brings a certain ''charm'' out of the song.

You don't like Under The Sea? Such a shame, but, to each his own.

If you read my post carefully, I have seen the English version of Ursula's Revenge, and I liked it. As for Under the Sea, I didn't really like the movie version since that kind of music style doesn't really appeal to me, but I thought the KH2 version was quite alright, mostly because it had Sora and Ariel singing.

Cruise Control
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Sorry mommy, your poopsies are toast.

Eiko Guy
04-24-2006, 08:32 PM
a new day is dawning sucked they barely rhymed

Slicksword45
04-25-2006, 02:17 AM
o god.... swim this way was BAD!

"swim this way and we will play and tap tap tap"

somthing like that.....

i liked Ursula's revenge

Giga Guess
04-25-2006, 02:26 AM

somthing like that.....

i liked Ursula's revenge

Yeah...I didn't like Swim This Way...The last note on Ariel's solo fell pretty flat IMHO.

DLLS
04-25-2006, 04:07 AM
My favorite musical was "Under the sea" followed by "Part of your world". A little of topic..... didn't Sora, Ariel and the rest of them remember defeating Ursula in Kingdom Hearts :confused: ? Maybe i missed something...........

ehsteve
04-25-2006, 06:03 AM
Not at all. However, I would direct it to the indivisuals that type LiK dIs and go around screaming ''BlArh!11 aTLanita sux!!1 gheY!!11 Booo!111 sux!!''.
That makes sense. I thought that you might have been referring to my relentless Atlantica/Ariel bashing in the other topic.

Back on the topic of this topic, I would have liked "Kiss the Girl" to have been in KH. It was the best song (and the best part) of the movie.

P.S. Atlantica really did suck. A lot.

:D ;)

Zeromus_X
04-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Part of Your World ftw.:cat:

Giga Guess
04-25-2006, 01:32 PM
My favorite musical was "Under the sea" followed by "Part of your world". A little of topic..... didn't Sora, Ariel and the rest of them remember defeating Ursula in Kingdom Hearts :confused: ? Maybe i missed something...........

Yeah....she was pretty soundly dead by the end....

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-25-2006, 09:06 PM

WRONG!

ur making the song worser than it is

SeeDRankLou
04-25-2006, 09:11 PM

somthing like that.....
"Swim this way, we'll dance and we'll play"

I guess I'm the only one that liked that song. I don't know why everyone keeps focusing on the last line of the song either, it wasn't the only line in the song or anything. Oh well. We like what we like I suppose.

"Don't dilli-dalli, it's your grand finale, tra la la."

Heartless Soul
04-25-2006, 09:20 PM
That makes sense. I thought that you might have been referring to my relentless Atlantica/Ariel bashing in the other topic.

Back on the topic of this topic, I would have liked "Kiss the Girl" to have been in KH. It was the best song (and the best part) of the movie.

P.S. Atlantica really did suck. A lot.

:D ;)
Fine and dandy

;)

BUT it was fine the way it was in the first game. If you want to get the flame and tourches ready, you should go for the people that yapped how bad it was in the first game. A KH without Disney AND a Little Mermaid world would be....Weird...You may not like it, but it IS popular and considered one of Disney's finest even if it ....Well.... lacked a certan charm the other movies after it had.

Speaking of which, was IT really that hard? Because from what I see, the command menu in the world has been reduced into instruction manulet for little kiddies that complain ''it's too hard!'', especially when the command menu is ''Button''.