PDA

View Full Version : Tool - 10,000 Days

Necronopticous
04-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Tool is alive and well, and they've never sounded better. Fans are in for a real treat.

Anyone else heard it? Thoughts?

VoodooChild
04-19-2006, 12:41 AM
I've known about Tool for quite some time now, but have recently got into them over the past 2-3 weeks. They are absolutely amazing! I really like the singers voice, so I also got hold of some "A Perfect Circle" material which is also really good.

I hadnt heard about 10,000 days until I saw this thread, so I will definately be taking a look :)

MecaKane
04-19-2006, 12:54 AM
I've only really heard Aenima and Opiate, but they were both awesome. Is it anything like those? :O

Necronopticous
04-19-2006, 01:00 AM
It comes out May 2 and you can all pick it up then, it's a wonderful album that is definitely worth the price of admission. It's nothing like Aenima or Opiate, it's completely new and original. In fact, I can't think of anything else quite like it.

GooeyToast
04-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Sweet, I'll have to buy this.

Mythra
04-19-2006, 02:51 AM
I'll definetly be buying this one on the day it comes out. When I first started listening to Tool, I was a bit skeptical, their music not being for everyone. But the more and more I listened to them, the more I liked their music. They have some of the coolest artwork out there for their cd's (see Lateralus ftw). I've actually been listening to them more than A Perfect Circle lately, which is weird cuz for awhile, APC was the only thing I listened to. Tool has just seemed to grow on me, especially over the past couple of months. Btw, their new song, Vicarious, ROCKS!!!

Germ Hamee
04-19-2006, 05:35 AM
I'm excited -- and completely shocked at how quickly this album's coming out. It doesn't seem that long ago I was hearing they were regrouping.

And yeah, I'm among those that wasn't that into Tool at first. Repeated listenings of Lateralus changed that. Tool is definitely a "grow on you" kind of band for a lot of people.

dirkdirden
04-19-2006, 08:19 PM
MMMmmmMMmmmm Tool.

Seen them live 7 times.

seeing them on the 30th at the big californa shindig cocella or how ever you spell it.

the own all.

Mythra
04-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Does anyone think they will do more tour dates in the US after their Europe tour? I want to see them more than anything, but have no way of getting to any of those shows before they go to Europe.

DeShanai
04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Tool is alive and well, and they've never sounded better. Fans are in for a real treat.

Anyone else heard it? Thoughts?

OHH You're so right! It's EXCELLENT!

Strider
04-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I heard the new single the other day. Vicarious, was it? Either way, it rocked.

dirkdirden
04-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Does anyone think they will do more tour dates in the US after their Europe tour? I want to see them more than anything, but have no way of getting to any of those shows before they go to Europe.

I am going to Coachella, and the one in tempe az

Apr 30 : Indio, CA : Coachella Festival : -----
May 2 : Seattle, WA : Paramount Theatre : -----
May 4 : Oakland, CA : Paramount Theatre : -----
May 5 : Las Vegas, NV : The Joint : -----
May 6 : Tempe, AZ : ASU Gammage : -----
May 8 : Dallas, TX : McFarlin Auditorium : -----
May 10 : Denver, CO : Temple Buell Theatre : -----
May 11 : Kansas City, MO : Memorial Hall : -----
May 12 : Minneapolis, MN : Orpheum Theatre : -----
May 13 : Chicago, IL : Auditorium Theatre : -----
May 15 : Detroit, MI : Fox Theatre : -----
May 16 : Toronto, CAN : Hummingbird Theatre : -----
May 17 : Upper Darby, PA : Tower Theatre : -----
May 19 : New York, NY : City Center : -----
May 20 : New York, NY : City Center : -----
May 21 : Boston, MA : Orpheum Theatre : -----
May 26 : Lisbon, PRT : Superrock Festival : -----
May 27 : Madrid, ESP : Festimad : -----
May 30 : Lyon, FRA : Fransbordeur : -----
May 31 : Luxembourg City, LUX : Rockhal : -----
Jun 2 : Germany : Rock-am-Ring : -----
Jun 3 : Germany : Rock-im-Park : -----
Jun 4 : Landgraaf, NLD : Pink Pop Festival : -----
Jun 6 : Hamburg, GER : Sporthalle : -----
Jun 7 : Berlin, GER : Columbialle : -----
Jun 8 : Dusseldorf, GER : Philipshalle : -----
Jun 9 : Donington Park, UK : Download Festival : -----
Jun 11 : Glasgow, Scotland : Academy : -----
Jun 13 : Hammersmith, UK : Apollo : -----
Jun 14 : Hammersmith, UK : Apollo : -----
Jun 16 : Switzerland : Interlaken Festival : -----
Jun 17 : Pannonia Fields, AUT : Nova Rock Festival : -----
Jun 19 : Milan, ITA : Filaforum : -----
Jun 21 : Rome, ITA : Foro Italico : -----
Jun 22 : Bologna, ITA : Land Rover Arena : -----
Jun 24 : Katowice, POL : Spodek Arena : -----
Jun 25 : Prague, CZE : T-Mobile Arena : -----
? Jun 27 : Amsterdam, NLD : HMH : -----
Jun 28 : Paris, FRA : Le Zenith : -----
Jun 29 : Werchter, BEL : Rock Werchter Festival : -----
Jul 1 : Roskilde, DEN : Roskilde Festival : -----
Jul 4 : Kristiansand, NOR : Quart Festival : -----
Jul 7 : Gothenburg, SWE : Metal Town Festival : -----
Jul 9 : Finland : Turku Festival : -----
Aug 12 : Summer Sonic Festival : Osaka, JAP : -----
Aug 13 : Summer Sonic Festival : Tokyo, JAP : -----
? Aug 25-26 : England : Reading Festival : -----

DeShanai
04-19-2006, 11:38 PM
OOHHH! Denver on the 10th!!

Sephex
04-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Cool. I'll probably pick this up when it comes out. I remember hearing about this awhile ago. However, I forgot to check out the release date! Thanks for that.

Breine
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Jul 1 : Roskilde, DEN : Roskilde Festival

I'm going to the Roskilde Festival (the biggest festival in Scandinavia) this year, and I'm excited to see them. Everybody says they are good stuff.

Sephex
04-21-2006, 03:37 AM
I couldn't stand the wait anymore so I decided to give it a listen. It kicks all kinds of ass. That is all.

-N-
05-04-2006, 02:22 AM
It comes out May 2 and you can all pick it up then, it's a wonderful album that is definitely worth the price of admission. It's nothing like Aenima or Opiate, it's completely new and original. In fact, I can't think of anything else quite like it.Hah! I got it May 1st in NZ, which means I got it like 40 hours before you. :p I didn't get it, but a friend did, and I've listened to it through about twice. It's pretty sweet - I like it. I liked Lateralus too, and they feel similar at times, but that's a good thing. :)

Ifirit's Fury
05-17-2006, 03:17 PM
The album is good, but it does not have the same flow as previous records. Some songs don't belong in the mix. Track 5 "The Pot" is great. It could fit right in with songs from the first album Opiate. All in all, still worth picking up.

Pheesh
05-18-2006, 12:30 AM
It came out earlier than all those dates in aus :s Anyway, it is awessome and a real satisfying hit for people who have been waiting with baited breath. Not as good as Aenima in my opinion but up there with Lateralus and songs like Vicarious and Jambi show off more of the technical off beat side to the guitar and drums which is <3. Maynard is amazing as always and alot of new singing styles which are a treat to listen to. Rosetta stoned and The Pot are two that come to mind.

Overall a really good album and just what a fan would hope for and expect from tool.

Stay Essential
EE

profskett
05-18-2006, 10:21 PM
I ordered this album last week off CD-wow and it stil hasn't come!! I'm really looking forward to it arriving...

Hawkeye
05-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Downloaded it. Excellent album.

dirkdirden
05-18-2006, 11:46 PM
If you haven't read the lyrics yet you must do it now.

Mythra
05-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah, especially Rosetta Stoned. Possibly the strangest lyrics I have ever read/listenend to in a song, but still great stuff.

Pheesh
05-19-2006, 12:18 AM
That last england show on the tour list is unconfirmed. It's just a rumour/guess from the people on toolarmy. They had better come to Australia.

Stay Essential
EE