PDA

View Full Version : Most challenging Final Fantasy

Lychon
04-19-2006, 06:32 AM
From the Final Fantasy games you have played, which one do you think was the most challenging and why?

Also, which one did you find to be the easiest?

-LYCHON

Twilight Edge
04-19-2006, 06:41 AM
I would say VII because I personally had only played VII to IX but I found VII the hardest for it took me the longest time to beat(30 hours and just about to fight Diamond weapon).VIII and IX only took me 35 hours to beat.

Dell
04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
VII for sure.
Tactic is closed on second.
I would say X since I haven't beaten it yet.

IX is probably the easiest.

crazybayman
04-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I would say FF1. Just because I was very young at the time, and had no patience to level up :p

Griff
04-19-2006, 02:07 PM
ff2, because of bad statistical leveling up system (when one stat raises another lowers)

Gau Dude
04-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Sadly, I have only a PC to play FF, so I played only FFI to FFVI. and considering those, FFI is one heck of a challenge.

dodhungry
04-19-2006, 05:35 PM
FF 1 is the hardest. For one thing it never tells you what and where to do/find things. On top of that every 3 steps is another random battle! Very annoying but still a great game.

AS for the easist, def. FF9

Kazekat
04-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I thought FFVIII was the hardest. I always got lost just walking about the cities....:eep:
There were a lot of little details that, if you missed them, you'd end up thoroughly confused.
But I thought Final Fantasy IX was a lot easier because it just seemed like it was a lot clearer in telling you what to do.
Yeeeeaaaaah......

Zeromus_X
04-20-2006, 12:22 AM
The only remotely difficult game is FFIII. And only a little.

Tavrobel
04-20-2006, 01:34 AM

Quoted for truth. Giant Rat at level 7 with no mana? Forget it.

Snap Jumper
04-20-2006, 03:05 AM

The Cave of Darkness will own you. If you don't have Mystic Knights, the Haniels just keep splitting on you. Then it's just horrendously long.

Dreddz
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
FFII or IV.

Medi
04-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Hmm... a difficult choice to make. They are all pretty simple. When I decide, I'll vote on it.

tenhitcombo
04-20-2006, 04:23 PM
the most hardest would be 8, because..................
..its so hard to put down!

DarkLadyNyara
04-20-2006, 04:29 PM
FF II. I tried to do the final battle without the Blood Sword... not a good idea, especially if you don't train.

DJZen
04-20-2006, 10:17 PM
FFII and FFVIII had really steep learning curves, but once you learn the system, you can abuse it to no end (can you say OHK Astaroth with no blood sword?), so I can't say either are THAT difficult. FFIV has a lot of bosses that can't be beaten strategically unless you just level grind. FFI is interesting in that poison is actually a major problem. I can't think of any other game in the FF series where I panic and run away whenever I encounter an enemy that can poison you. It also has WarMECH. I guess FFI or FFIV (the normal versions, not the GBA versions) would be the hardest that I can think of offhand.

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 03:27 AM
Yeah, FFI and III are definitely the only ones that I can think of that are genuinely difficult. All the rest aren't' hard because you shouldn't lose if you are properly prepared and with a right strategy (FFIV, V), the learning system is abusable (FFII, VIII, and possibly X), or has many exploitable bugs/glitches, and power-leveling strategies. (VI [!!], VII, and possibly FFIX or FFT.) Or, as most RPGs, or FFs at least, tend to suffer from (in the modern games, and especially the GBA remakes.), free crap. Like 'ultimate weapons', super items and equipment, and special attacks that hit multiple times in succession for thousands of damage. And the free items that are just given to you, and money which is enough to buy whatever it truly neccessary. :cat:

And, even FFI can be a breeze if you're a seasoned player. You can still die if you're not careful, but if you're prepared, and know what you're doing, there's no reason to die at all.

Which leaves FFIII, with it's 'make-or-break' moments, like Tavrobel said, the Giant Rat is a big example. As are the other mini and toad dungeons, and the Splitting Monster Cave is also an example. If you don't know what you're doing, you will die, plain and simple. And if you aren't careful, you can get caught off guard. Which is why I think it's the only genuinely difficult FF I've played. It's not brain-numbingly hard, but I would say that a number of people could just give up and stop playing if they didn't know what to do at certain points. Although Dragon Quest II is still the hardest RPG I've played. :eep: :cat:

Rocket Edge
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
FFV, none of the ff's were exactly hard, but i had most problems with that one;)

zbonks
04-22-2006, 05:58 AM
i would say 8 was the hardest because it was my first ff and i was so confused and i took me an arm and a leg to level up

i think ff7 is the easiest because you dont really need to level up

Ramza Beoulve
04-22-2006, 07:18 AM
HULK OWNS ALL!!!!...

D'OH!

*ajem* any FF hasn't really been a challenge, maybe FFT, but I love tactical games, so there was no trouble n.nU