PDA

View Full Version : ATB or CTB?

Forever Fantasy
04-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Which batle style do you think is better?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
ATB: The battle style of Final Fantasy X-2, where the fiends attack relentlessley and with no real particual order, but they're stats build up quickly and with much more ease. (EXP points)

-or-

CTB: The battle style of FFX, where the command window allows for time to really think allowing you to go through all of your inventory and abilities. (Sphere Grid)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd make this a poll, but I'm still kind of new, and don't know how to do that yet!

Thanks for the read:
Miranda

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Welcome.

Since this is about multiple Final Fantasy games, it goes into General Final Fantasy. Also, you don't need to make two of the exact same thread, one is sufficient.

DeathKnight
04-19-2006, 03:16 PM
:tonberry::tonberry: CTB :tonberry: :tonberry:

It's the BEST fighting system I've seen, I had SO MUCH fun with FFX you cannot even imagine, it's just set up so much better this way:D

Mirage
04-19-2006, 03:16 PM
The battle system isn't directly related to the way in which the characters increase in power, it would have been no problem making a game which used experience points and the CTB system. Besides, AP is basically Exp. points and AP in one in FFX. Just to have cleared that up.

I prefer the ATB system, because it's more action oriented. It forces me to think and react faster, and I like that. It is much easier to use spesific tactics with the CTB system though.

Cruise Control
04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I like ATB more, though the blend that is X-2 was awesome.

Twilight Edge
04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
ATB.nuff said.

Crop
04-19-2006, 05:57 PM
CTB, im a tactical kinda guy.

DarkLadyNyara
04-19-2006, 11:04 PM
ATB, forces you to think on your feet. :D

Dreddz
04-20-2006, 05:30 PM
CTB

Ramza Beoulve
04-20-2006, 05:46 PM
ATB

DeathKnight
04-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I like this thread:D :up:

Man it's so interesting how divided fans are. Hmmmmm how 'bout you could have the OPTION to choose between CTB and ATB!? ;)

DJZen
04-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure which I like better. Both are fun in their own way. I like being able to think through my decisions, but having played FFX-2, ATB has some clear merits. I guess I prefer the slow pace of CTB better (it also eliminates the need to pause the game), but not by a large margin.

InuYashaON
04-23-2006, 05:11 AM
ATB for me. Though CTB was alright.

NeoCracker
04-23-2006, 05:18 AM
I like them both. If done right the CTB, If done in the right kind of games, could easily force you to think up stratagies. FF X would have if they didn't have the thing were you can abuse your summons to win every major fight. But ATB seems to be more natural for making you think faster. Also, in games where you select all your characters attacks at the begining of the round and let it play through, what would that be?

Zeromus_X
04-23-2006, 05:19 AM
CTB made it so you actually had to think in that game, unlike ATB where you press the attack button over and over. :cat: Although X-2's ATB actually seemed pretty active, maybe that's just SE going into real-time games or something. :cat:

Rengori
04-23-2006, 06:30 AM
ATB, forces you to think on your feet. :D
Unless you have it set on Wait, so you don't get killed while scrolling down the menu. This is really helpful in FFIV.

Axel Gaius
05-06-2006, 11:08 PM
CTB!!!

You can actually think of a strategy while not getting killed.

(That, the character switching, and the grid make FFX the best)

Rase
05-06-2006, 11:11 PM
I prefer the ATB system, because it's more action oriented. It forces me to think and react faster, and I like that.

Pretty much the same here. Anything that makes random battles a little more exciting is okay in my book.

Fantasy Fan
05-07-2006, 11:23 AM
ACTIVE time battle.

Notice the word 'active'.