PDA

View Full Version : is Rinoa still a sorcceress????

Owen Macwere
04-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Boo, this qustion is just unasked by any people before, but do you know?
my theory says that when Rinoa recieved sorceress powers from Edea and Ultimecia and Adel (is she male or female:mad: ??) anyway and when the time compression happened, and Rinao found squall Dead she made the time compression disappear right? well, I think that when she did that all her powers been absorbed and redirected to remove the time compression effect so she used all her powers unwillingly of course to save the world that is why she was allowed to live among seed after that, remember that seed were made to haunt sorceresses,;) .

Boo, this qustion is just unasked by any people before, but do you know?
my theory says that when Rinoa recieved sorceress powers from Edea and Ultimecia and Adel (is she male or female:mad: ??) anyway and when the time compression happened, and Rinao found squall Dead she made the time compression disappear right? well, I think that when she did that all her powers been absorbed and redirected to remove the time compression effect so she used all her powers unwillingly of course to save the world that is why she was allowed to live among seed after that, remember that seed were made to haunt sorceresses,;) .

enjoy

Ramza Beoulve
04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Try to not double or triple post. Is annoying. Anyway, that thing is not her power, was the thing Laguna was talking about, they needed to trust in each others and have a strong join to survive in time compression, and since love is the strongest type of joint, it disappeared the time compression. There

Sir Bahamut
04-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Ramza got it right. Regardless of what actually happened to Squall (did he die or merely faint?), Rinoa woke him up and was able to escape from the weird time-warp they were in using the power of love. As corny as it sounds, this is what Laguna tells us in the Ragnarok before fighting Adel.

So Rinoa is definitely still a sorceress after the ending FMV.

PS: Adel is a woman, despite all appearances. The reason she looks all buff is due to her excessive use of black magic. Edea can be seen to have been disfigured in a similar way (vains on head, clawlike fingers), and Adel is just an extreme case scenario.

Leeza
04-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Owen Macwere, you are new here so please read our FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_user_maintain). Do not post more than once in a row. There is an edit/delete button in every post if you wish to add to it.

*~Angel Wing~*
04-21-2006, 02:59 AM
PS: Adel is a woman, despite all appearances. The reason she looks all buff is due to her excessive use of black magic. Edea can be seen to have been disfigured in a similar way (vains on head, clawlike fingers), and Adel is just an extreme case scenario.
LOL :laugh:

This is spam. Please do not spam. ~ Leeza

Moon Rabbits
04-22-2006, 07:10 AM
my theory says that when Rinoa recieved sorceress powers from Edea and Ultimecia and Adel (is she male or female:mad: ??)

Adel = Female.

Rinoa never received any powers from Adel as far as I know.

anyway and when the time compression happened,

Which it didn't. Ultimecia's dream of compressed time was never fully realized.

and Rinao found squall Dead she made the time compression disappear right?

It's been awhile since I've seen the ending FMV, but um...Squall died?? I don't remember that at all. If you mean when he falls down/sits down and his hair is in front of his face, I'd say he's more giving up on everything...not dying. As for Rinoa making time compression disappear...well keep reading.

well, I think that when she did that all her powers been absorbed and redirected to remove the time compression effect so she used all her powers unwillingly of course to save the world

Laguna tells Squall and Co. that in order to return to their time they have to concentrate on eachother, on where they want to go, their love will pull them through etc.

Rinoa did not lose her powers nor did she stop time compression (it stopped /beginning/ to happen after Ultimecia was killed). Everyone other that Squall was able to return to their time because they weren't like Squall. As he displayed throughout the game he was a lonewolf/loner/jerk, but he eventually got over this attitude...but perhaps in the moment when he needed to return he wasn't thinking of his friends? He wasn't letting his love do the work.

So he was put somewhere...where? I don't know. Rinoa's love however managed to pull Squall back through etc. and so on...this scene (I think) was kind of like Squall finally casting off his lone wolfness for good.

that is why she was allowed to live among seed after that, remember that seed were made to haunt sorceresses,;) .

Nome. Rinoa can live amongst the SeeDs because she's...you know, not insane or evil.

Future Esthar
04-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Ramza got it right. Regardless of what actually happened to Squall (did he die or merely faint?), Rinoa woke him up and was able to escape from the weird time-warp they were in using the power of love. As corny as it sounds, this is what Laguna tells us in the Ragnarok before fighting Adel.

I agree.But it only happens in an indirect way.

The direct cause is that Biggs and Wedge were working for Laguna undercover.They just pretend to work for Seifer.
Seifer ordered them to bring our heros back to the future after they defeat Ulti.He also ordered them to activate holographic films on the walls of the Pandora before and after our heros went to Ulti´s time.
The last film was supposed to loop forever in order to kill Squall.
But Laguna ordered them to trick Seifer and stop the film as soon as Rinoa appears.

Zanius
04-27-2006, 11:42 PM

The direct cause is that Biggs and Wedge were working for Laguna undercover.They just pretend to work for Seifer.
Seifer ordered them to bring our heros back to the future after they defeat Ulti.He also ordered them to activate holographic films on the walls of the Pandora before and after our heros went to Ulti´s time.
But Laguna ordered them to trick Seifer and stop the film as soon as Rinoa appears.

The film that you refer to kill Squall was at the ending scene? The curious thing about that part is that only affected Squall and Rinoa seems to be so close to him, and in the way you said... it sounded that Seifer was under Ultimecia's control...

Future Esthar
04-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Squall fainted because the picture of Rinoa dying in space had a psychological effect on him.

Zanius
04-28-2006, 12:12 AM
But he was also kind of sick before the big shock. And also in the way you said they took advantage of that by using the Lunatic Pandora's powers to create the illusion.

Moon Rabbits
04-28-2006, 03:17 AM

...Is there any evidence at ALL!?

Ballistix Man
04-28-2006, 03:25 AM

Do you read what you type?

Zeromus_X
04-28-2006, 03:31 AM
You're supposed to ignore FE when he posts.

Anyway, why wouldn't she be? Sorceress powers had to have been passed into the future eventually get to so-and-so, so I don't see how they'd just dissapear.

Seeing as how SeeD knows that Rinoa doesn't want to cause the end of all existence, they probably don't want to hunt Rinoa down, especially since a friend of the main group.

Future Esthar
04-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Do you read what you type?

Do you pay attention to the little details of what you play?
Or only to the game script?

You're supposed to ignore FE when he posts.

Ya,avoiding persons who don´t agree with you and the majority of persons is a very constructive attitude.

MJN SEIFER
04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Rinoa was never NOT a sorceress, she was born one, Look for the Evidence it's THERE!

Sir Bahamut
04-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Err, no. Rinoa was NOT born a sorceress. She makes it perfectly clear that the powers she received from Edea are the first powers she got, hence why she cannot really control them that well.

Moon Rabbits
04-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Rinoa was never NOT a sorceress, she was born one, Look for the Evidence it's THERE!

The evidence is WHERE?

Qurange
04-29-2006, 09:38 PM
She was born with the potential to /be/ a Sorceress, sure--that much we can go ahead and agree to. But Rinoa wasn't born a Sorceress any more than Edea was--though she still is one, now. ...and, of course, to be redundant, there was no need for Rinoa to /do/ anything about Time Compression--without Ultimecia's power to keep it going, time moved back on its own.

Future Esthar
04-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Qrange,Rinoa was the one who caused Time Compression (WOTC)indirectly.
WOTC was created to deceive persons but it was a good thing on destiny´s scheme.
Destiny,through Rinoa and her love to Squall and her Propagator family enabled someone who suffered on medieval past (Vascaroon) to go to the future (on WOTC)and find the guy on the future behind it all.
However it was not enough.
Vascaroon knows that all the bad things happening on the past were accomplished by the evil guy(wicked gut) in order to create an evil ruler on the future.This ruler has to be defeated to save the future.
However,destiny knows that Vascaroon is not strongh enough to defeat the horrible ruler of the future but a great mind.Destiny knows that this ruler is so strong that it can only be defeated by herself (or the set of parts that make her).
Vascaroons role on destiny scheme is not to kill the ruler.
Destiny´s scheme is to play smart on the wicked guy.
It plans to temporarily break the powers of the ruler.
It would irritate the wicked guy which would be smart and go to the past again to collect the resources to recreate the evil ruler.
But this time he needs to be cautious because Ellone(Rinoa) has her "eyes" over the entire space-time and she sent also the eyes of others to different eras.
This was the main reason why he decided to create WOTC at first.
He now has to be cautious and make his "collection proccess" look natural and act as he was trying to deceive a "nearly omniscient" person.He never knows where Elle will "go" next.
In fact he makes our heros fall into a trap to possess them .
But destiny manages to free them and through many circunstances it will lead them into the future leading to the destruction of the concealed evil ruler.
Very smart,Destiny!You took his wickedness against him!

The future citizens could easily break the rulers power because they possess great technology.
WHAT IS THE
REAL ROLE OF VASCAROON THEN?
They had tecnology but had a traitor amongst them.They were smart but had ingenuity.They are sedentaries and don´t travel too much.They also are too close minded.Every time they set a plan against the ruler it will fail because there is a traitor.
But people from the "outside" tends so see things differently.
Vascaroon was an open minded medieval knight who gets experience through what happened on his life.He became a traveler.He was very close to Ellone.
Destiny showed him the thruth little by little using Ellone´s ability and WOTC.
He travel to different eras even though he don´t realize it at first.He gets experience from them.In the end destiny will lead him to the far future and he will get the overal picture(WOTC included).
He will start to suspect about the traitor and set a perfect plan.Perfect because it will deceive even the traitor.
But even after the ruler is concealed destiny will make Vasc. rule over the future country with the purpose of a Watchman.To silent watch over the traitor without denouncing him and don´t even let the traitor suspect he knows anything.This way Vasc can control the situation pretending to be more stupid than he is.Vasc will try to study the traitors behaviour and allways take a step ahead of him.

In the end after the evil ruler is KILLED the traitor will give up trying to take over the world because he can´t control the situation.But he has yet to keep his honour intact and in a last stand will try to create a false "Villain" and a false "Future" and a false"Time Compression".
He will succeed but it seems in the end he tries to set a final trap to our friends which will fail thanks to Biggs and Edge.
LOL.The destiny´s irony and the power of love over brightness is what makes me love this game so much.And of course all the WOTC thoughtful and fun phenomena.

MJN SEIFER
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM

The evidence is WHERE?

The Odine Dangle.

Ryushikaze
05-02-2006, 08:01 AM
FE, FE, FE... Time and again, you make these claims. Time and again it is explained that these claims will not hold without evidence. Time and again, your ignore these explanations and tell us you have proof, which invariably turns out to be exceedingly flimsy, nonexistant, fabricated, or even flat out wrong. To say nothing of goalpost shifting and continually crafting more and more asinine postulates to cover the sorry arse of this 'theory'. In short, you have, at best, exceedingly little evidence in your favor.

Meanwhile, the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania, a book written with the express purpose of answering the unanwered questions of FF8 and was compiled with the input of the makers, has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY ON THESE MATTERS WHICH YOU CLAIM TO BE THE TRUTH OF FF8.

Now, I may not know what goes on in the mind of a japanese game developer, but when I am contributing to a book which is made with the express purpose of answering the mysteries of a game I made, something as important as 'Well, reality was all a giant multi-temporal conspiracy with a crazed doctor mind controlling several transformed wierdos, oh, and the entire cast is actually ALSO those space aliens you kill aboard the Ragnarok' would DEFINITELY warrant including, especially since I am including such such other topics as gunblade functionality, the way magics and GFs work and the- and this one is especially critical, I think-general history of the people and countries involved in the game.

To include all that, but fail to mention the utterly vital point that it was all a grand deception of the greatest magnitude and that time had been divided into several distinct geographic regions, strikes me as ineptitude or neglect of the highest order, something that people writing a book to wrap up the loose ends of their project would not overlook.

Some might here argue that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence (Or as I enjoy calling it, the Space Whales defense), but the problem is that without any evidence, there is no reason to ascribe any validity to an idea, and in the case of your reality alterring ideas, their absence amidst a work devoted to the sole purpose of cementing a world is rather telling, would you not say?

Lastly, some of your proofs have hinged on people's character maps blinking, to prove that the character was not dead, insisting that absolutely everything in FF8 was utterly intentional, without room for any error, when the fact of the matter is that error does, and will occur, sometimes fraglantly, such as in FF7, when Aerith's character model still retained her hair ribbon after an FMV distinctly showed it falling off. Sometimes a goof is just a goof, not an attempt by the writers to secretly convey a hidden message a la the daVinci code (also complete bunkum, but that is an entirely different matter).

Meanwhile, to answer the OP- yes. She never passed them on, and while Sorceress powers seem to have a power cap based on 'amount', they do not appear to have any sort of fuel limit.

Future Esthar
05-02-2006, 02:01 PM
It´s good to know that you at least understood my theories.
I have evidences.
But they are so many and so complicated that I have dificulty on expressing them.
Am not a great communicator.