PDA

View Full Version : why did Squall die during the time compression??

Owen Macwere
04-19-2006, 08:47 PM
hi again,
well not many people has given this great thinking but it really makes sense.
remember when laguna told them in Esthar palace that Ultimecia lives in the far future where may be none of them can be alive. what is squall has walked far into the future and suddenly reached aplace where he can't live?
I hate it when people say that he dropped dead because of loneliness
I think the above theory make more sense.:)

DoaJ
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM
That makes hella more sense than lonleyness. Kudos to ya for coming up with it...But then how would the sorceress survive in our (as in Squall's) time?

Ramza Beoulve
04-19-2006, 09:37 PM
hi again,
well not many people has given this great thinking but it really makes sense.
remember when laguna told them in Esthar palace that Ultimecia lives in the far future where may be none of them can be alive. what is squall has walked far into the future and suddenly reached aplace where he can't live?
I hate it when people say that he dropped dead because of loneliness
I think the above theory make more sense.:)
NOT MORE THEORIES!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *runs toward a wall*

Now on topic, in my believes, Squall didn't died, and he is lost in time compression. And that of you hating that people, now imagine yourself walking during a lot of time, completely alone, with
no food and no water... what do you do? eh?

And time is "compresed", every time is the same, in other worlds, there's not really time n.n

Sir Bahamut
04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
All of the future Squall visited was technically a place he couldn't live in (What Laguna meant was that they should all have died of old age by then), but the party managed just fine in Ultimecias time. Because of that, your explanation that Squall died because he reached a time he couldn't live in is wrong, because everywhere we see in the future is such a time.

It seems far more likely that Squall either simply collapsed (and didn't die at all) due to exhaustion/loneliness/hopelessness etc.

Oh, and technically speaking, TC never completed, and was unravelling after Ultimecias death, so it isn't entirely accurate to say that all of time was one during the ending FMV bit there.

Ramza Beoulve
04-19-2006, 10:54 PM
All of the future Squall visited was technically a place he couldn't live in (What Laguna meant was that they should all have died of old age by then), but the party managed just fine in Ultimecias time. Because of that, your explanation that Squall died because he reached a time he couldn't live in is wrong, because everywhere we see in the future is such a time.

It seems far more likely that Squall either simply collapsed (and didn't die at all) due to exhaustion/loneliness/hopelessness etc.

Oh, and technically speaking, TC never completed, and was unravelling after Ultimecias death, so it isn't entirely accurate to say that all of time was one during the ending FMV bit there.
Yeah, forgotted that Ultimecia's death part n.nU, but yeah, we agree n.n

Zeromus_X
04-20-2006, 12:16 AM
He lives anyway, so WTF does it matter? Well, whatever...:cat:

Meow
04-20-2006, 01:05 AM
he has to die so he can become one with the matrix durr :rolleyes2

Xiedo
04-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Is this a spoiler? Cause if so, be more (EDITED) responsible.

Ashley Schovitz
04-20-2006, 01:34 AM
What the hell, is going on here!?

FallenAngel411
04-20-2006, 02:32 AM
This game makes my head hurt.

Ramza Beoulve
04-20-2006, 02:35 AM
What the hell, is going on here!?Is somebody trying to take Future Esthar's Throne ;)

and the time compression thing is a spoiler, so you can start to hate everybody here Xiedo:p

Xiedo
04-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Well, I've played up to very end of the 3rd disc, but that was years ago. I do remember the time compression thing, but not Squall dying so I'm not too upset.

Owen, please start threads like "Plot questions" or "______ (spoilers)". This way, ppl who visit the forum who havent beaten the game but need help/want to post about other stuff, can enjoy the game as much as everyone else who has already finished it.

(EDITED) You also made the spoiler in the sorceress thread (which is ok with me cause I totally knew that one).

It's unecessary. Be careful. :mad:

fire_of_avalon
04-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Xiedo, you aren't a moderator. Don't act like one. Also, accusing other members of being dicks is flaming. Don't do that either.

Xiedo
04-20-2006, 04:25 AM
I thought marking spoilers was common etiquette on forums like this. I see it's not in the rules so I'm sorry.

Vyk
04-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Why do people keep thinking he's dead

Owen Macwere
04-20-2006, 04:57 PM
That makes hella more sense than lonleyness. Kudos to ya for coming up with it...But then how would the sorceress survive in our (as in Squall's) time?
hi as an answere the sorceress sent her mind and thoughts not all her being;)

*~Angel Wing~*
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Why do people keep thinking he's dead
Tell me about it...:eep: That gets really annoying after a while. DON'T TURN OFF THE GAME BEFORE THE CREDITS END!!! :hot:

Laugh at face of Danger
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Personally, i think that he should have killed himself, mainly because i heard a gunblade noise and i was like "EH!?"

but your theory appears to make sense, as he does just seemingly drop like a fly! I like to believe he walked himself to death, as it's impossible to tell how long his was walking for, or he lost faith in finding the others

*~Angel Wing~*
04-21-2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah I was wondering what that Gunblade noise was also. This theory does make a lot of sense though. Maybe he was on the verge of dying but Rinoa was looking for him, and remember how the white feather appeared after she held her necklace? She was sending him a sign that she was thinking about him and it gave Squall hope, which probably kept him alive. Then he appeared in the field where he and Rinoa promised to meet. I think she still had her powers, so I’m guessing she sort of “summoned” him to appear at that place.

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 02:51 AM
This game makes my head hurt.
No, it's the crazy people who over-complicate the story and make wacky theories that make peoples' heads hurt. :cat:

Sir Bahamut
04-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Again though, Owen's theory does NOT make sense, because none of the places Squall visits in the future are places where he can technically exist, so it makes no sense that he can survive in one such era but not another. This is what we can infer happened in the ending:

Squall was lost in a weird time-warp, a remnant from time compression which was in the process of unravelling. This time-warp was reacting to his feelings, emotions and memories (as Laguna states, feelings and thoughts are what determine what happens in such a time-warp thing, hence how the party get to the future; they concentrate on getting there and use their feelings for eachother to stay together), and as Squall was still not completely out of his 'lone wolf' attitude, he ended up alone.

Unable to get out, due to his continuing inability to really place faith in his friends and Rinoa, he gets more and more frustrated and depressed. This makes the landscape form first a vast, barren desert, while then changing to a tiny island (because at that point he gives in to the idea that he'll never escape). He starts thinking about Rinoa, but due to his feelings of hopelessness and despair etc. the time-warp produces only twisted images. Eventually, this exhausts him such mentally that combined with his already physical weariness, he collapses/faints.

Rinoa uses her love for Squall to find him, and wakes him up (after first thinking that he's dead). Then, using the 'power of love' (gotta love the corniness!), they are able to escape the time-warp together, both sound and safe.

That's it.

Skyblade
04-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Again though, Owen's theory does NOT make sense, because none of the places Squall visits in the future are places where he can technically exist, so it makes no sense that he can survive in one such era but not another. This is what we can infer happened in the ending:

Squall was lost in a weird time-warp, a remnant from time compression which was in the process of unravelling. This time-warp was reacting to his feelings, emotions and memories (as Laguna states, feelings and thoughts are what determine what happens in such a time-warp thing, hence how the party get to the future; they concentrate on getting there and use their feelings for eachother to stay together), and as Squall was still not completely out of his 'lone wolf' attitude, he ended up alone.

Unable to get out, due to his continuing inability to really place faith in his friends and Rinoa, he gets more and more frustrated and depressed. This makes the landscape form first a vast, barren desert, while then changing to a tiny island (because at that point he gives in to the idea that he'll never escape). He starts thinking about Rinoa, but due to his feelings of hopelessness and despair etc. the time-warp produces only twisted images. Eventually, this exhausts him such mentally that combined with his already physical weariness, he collapses/faints.

Rinoa uses her love for Squall to find him, and wakes him up (after first thinking that he's dead). Then, using the 'power of love' (gotta love the corniness!), they are able to escape the time-warp together, both sound and safe.

That's it.

Well put. I agree wholeheartedly.

And corniness is awesome.

Owen Macwere
04-21-2006, 09:33 PM

That's it.
i agree with u sir bahamuat i think you got it right so i'll not use this in my fanfic but i want rinoa to lose some of her powers then how???

Ramza Beoulve
04-22-2006, 04:50 AM
i agree with u sir bahamuat i think you got it right so i'll not use this in my fanfic but i want rinoa to lose some of her powers then how???
Is a fanfic, so you can do anything you like, just make her loose them in the start and thats it :)