PDA

View Full Version : How is it??

spartancode117
04-19-2006, 11:24 PM
I reserved Advent Children, and i was wondering from anyone whos seen it, How is it???

Please, no spoilers

silentenigma
04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
pretty darn good.

DudeSon2004
04-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Brilliant & it was in Japanese.
English looks good so far but we'll see.

Starshipmexico
04-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Everything I could have wanted from it. I was like :D the whole time.

DudeSon2004
04-23-2006, 08:34 PM
The english version is good,
I think so anyways.

Seto Fett
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
It's brilliant. Both the English and Japanese are amazing. You won't be disappointed. ;)

Dolentrean
04-23-2006, 10:39 PM
It is cool, but nothing special. It is a very cool movie to watch but not a good movie.

It was a fan service and little more, if you like seven and like action I would pick it up. I am picking it up anyways.

There were things that I was disappointed in *coughplotcough* but I am also not interested in watching a movie and going
"ZOMG its Cloud1!!1! and TIFA!!!11!!! WOW they are pretty!"

Watch it, but don’t expect a blockbuster plot, only cool action.

Swifthom
04-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Well, I liked it. It's an interesting, very good visually movie and the plot does hang together...

No plot details, but you may consider this a slight (very slight) spoiler, more just a tone giveaway.

If your a Barret/Red XVI/Cait Sith/Zack fan or whatever, dont hold your breath. This movie is centered on Cloud, Tifa, the Turks and only really Vincent gets a fair shot besides them. The others are in it, but... well, it's not their movie if you know what I mean.

Anyway, it looks good, it draws you in well and the direction is outstounding. It's EXTREMELY fast, takes a while to get going but the temp is really fast.
The new bad guys are intimidating and well drawn out, they may annoy you but there is a purpose.

All in all I'd say Advent Children ticks every box it's meant to be. It's a great straight to DVD movie. There was no point cinema relasing it, it's not got mass appeal and it's not THAT good, but compare it to most other straight to DVD movies (only the Disney squals come to mind at the moment) it blows them out of the water.

Enjoy it, but dont expect anything special besides just another adventure.

lady yunalesca
04-23-2006, 11:57 PM
any ffVII fan will love it!!! it is pretty amazing!!!

darkchrono
04-27-2006, 05:45 AM
Don't go in with high expectations. Because if you do you will probably be disappointed. Like others above have stated this is strictly an action flick. The plot and the new characters created for Advent Children are pretty poorly done. The scenes are choppy and are hard to follow throughout much of the movie and the newly created characters have very little depth.

So don't go in expecting much more than just an incredibly animated action movie. This movie does not expand upon the game by any means. It will only serve you well for nostalgic purposes in seeing characters again for the first time in close to ten years.

Amaru
04-27-2006, 06:28 PM
It's awesome. It's the best fan-service I've ever seen.

Rhi
04-27-2006, 07:20 PM
i thought it was awesome

PontiusPilate
04-28-2006, 02:22 AM
I fully agree with darkchrono. The movie was good, not great. Somethings that i disliked the most was the incredibly cheesy dialogue at some points and at some points the rock part of the music in fights sounded kind of cheesy as well

Navydav
04-28-2006, 04:45 AM
I have a copy on layaway at Wal-Mart and plan on picking it up soon. Do any of voice actors from Kingdom Hearts appear in it? I have only played the first KH game so far. But voices in it weren't too bad. With the release of this movie I plan on playing FF7 again. Its been a few years since I played it.

Duncan
04-28-2006, 05:14 AM
I don't think what I'm about to say contains and spoilers per say but read at your own risk.

If your a Barret/Red XVI/Cait Sith/Zack fan or whatever, dont hold your breath. This movie is centered on Cloud, Tifa, the Turks and only really Vincent gets a fair shot besides them. The others are in it, but... well, it's not their movie if you know what I mean.

I think this was my one dissapointment. I really hoped for a more involvement from all the FF7 characters. As such my favorite part of the movie was the part that involved all of the characters while at the same time my disappointment with the movie is because they were really only involved for such a little bit of time.

Heck it would've been nice to just the whole group (esp. Barrett, Cid, and Yuffie) wipe the walls with some thugs, like maybe some SHM cronies, as well as take on the biggie.

PontiusPilate
05-01-2006, 11:37 PM
I have a copy on layaway at Wal-Mart and plan on picking it up soon. Do any of voice actors from Kingdom Hearts appear in it? I have only played the first KH game so far. But voices in it weren't too bad. With the release of this movie I plan on playing FF7 again. Its been a few years since I played it.

Yes and no. I know that the voice actors from KH changed when they made KH II and the voices from KH II were brought over to FFAV.

Even though i thought they did a poor job with sephiroths voice it was an improvement of KH I's Sephiroth and Aeris voice over

KH I Voiceovers...

Sephiroth - Lance Bass (he was in the back street boys or something)

Aeris- Mandy Moore (another /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty singer)