PDA

View Full Version : Buffy/Angel

FallenAngel411
04-20-2006, 02:29 AM
I just finished watching the series finale of Buffy a few hours ago, and I must say, this is one of the best things that has ever aired on American television, and I think of much higher quality than anything currently running. Along with Angel, which is also excellent, this is one of the most amazing universes I've ever had the chance to dive into. Joss Whedon is a GOD. And the finale had me in tears. :cry:

Wondering if there are any other fans out there with opinions to share. Or haters. Bored and wanting to discuss the big event of my day. :3

Venom
04-20-2006, 02:31 AM
I didnt really like it, If it were animated I would have liked it better.

Rye
04-20-2006, 02:32 AM
I loved Buffy, I used to watch it all last summer, since I never got into it until around then. Joss Whedon is awesome, especially for his Homestar Runner reference in one of the last/if not last episode.

Jebus
04-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Firefly > Buffy/Angel

FallenAngel411
04-20-2006, 02:35 AM
That's another one I plan to pick up when I get the money. It's unfortunate that it was cancelled so prematurely.

Marshall Banana
04-20-2006, 03:14 AM
I watched Buffy a lot when I was younger, but I didn't really like it past the third season. After Angel left, everything went downhill, and I was never crazy about his show. The last season of Buffy is the only one I haven't watched. Maybe it was good, but I've only seen some of the episodes, and none of them made me want to finish it. =O

Madame Adequate
04-20-2006, 03:16 AM
Firefly > Buffy/Angel

That's a bit like saying 1,000,000,000,100 > 1,000,000,000,000. It's true, but it doesn't diminish the lesser one notably. :D

I'm planning to buy Buffy - all of it - on DVD once I get the money. Angel not so much, but I might be tempted into it. There was that one episode where he was turned into a muppet, after all...

Shadowflare
04-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Firefly > Buffy/Angel

Quoted for truth. Though Buffy did have a lot going for it. I liked the writing on the show. Joss never fails to entertain. I need to actually watch all of the episodes though since there are a lot that I have missed.

Shlup
04-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Buffy is okay. Angel was really good in... I think it was season three and four. Maybe it was two and three. I don't remember. Before that was boring and after was lame.

But Firefly is tits. My absolute favorite show. I watched an episode on my DVDs an hour ago, in fact. I can't believe it got cancelled... and then made a major motion picture. If they don't continue making movies or renew the show I will throw an absolute fit.

Germ Hamee
04-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Angel, I really loved while I was watching it but have had no further interest in it after finishing it. The series has no re-watch value for me, and for whatever reason ended up being rather forgettable.

Buffy? Still a complete fan, and I rewatch episodes all the time. I own both series on DVD and I haven't regretted a dime spent. As far as the series goes, in all honesty I think Buffy should have ended with the fifth season. That was a BEAUTIFUL and perfectly legit way to end the series. Bringing Buffy back in six was a little iffy, but I really enjoy the arc presented, and seven had a crappy seasonal arc but had some great episodes too. The final episode saved the season. I loved all the little throw backs, and it was a good ending, but not quite as good.

Leeza
04-20-2006, 05:44 AM
I loved Buffy, Angel and Firefly. I have the complete Buffy and Angel series, but I have not seen a set for Firefly as of yet, although I did find the Serenity DVD. Buffy and Angel were on for many years and I could see them running their course, but cancelling Firefly was just unbelievable. I'm still hoping that they will bring it back.

Miriel
04-20-2006, 06:17 AM
The first few Seasons of Buffy were amazing. Seriously some of the best stuff I've ever seen on television. After Dawn showed up it went downhill, and I disliked the Series Finale. But the first few seasons were gold.

Spiffing Cheese
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
The first few Seasons of Buffy were amazing. Seriously some of the best stuff I've ever seen on television. After Dawn showed up it went downhill, and I disliked the Series Finale. But the first few seasons were gold.

I agree completely with that, they made a HUGE mistake with Dawn, and I didn't like the way the series ended. I didn't like much of the seventh season at all, actually.

The first three seasons of Buffy were my favourite things on T.V. ever. I didn't find the fourth season particularly great, but I liked the fifth season enough because the whole Glory thing was godly. If only they could have done that storyline without Dawn. Season 6 was okay as well, because Spike rules all, but, yeah, I wish Dawn hadn't been in it. But then it probably wouldn't have worked as well without her. :mad2:

Buffy was at its peak in the second season with Drusilla, Spike and Angel all evil, if you ask me. I hated Angel when he was good, but he made a kickass bad guy.

If they had left it when Buffy had died for the second time, it would have been an almost perfect series. :p

I never had much interest in Angel.

Breine
04-20-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm such a fanboy when it comes to Buffy, Angel and Firefly. I've watched the shows for years and they are arguably the best shows ever made.

Dark Angel From Heaven
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I just finished watching the series finale of Buffy a few hours ago, and I must say, this is one of the best things that has ever aired on American television, and I think of much higher quality than anything currently running. Along with Angel, which is also excellent, this is one of the most amazing universes I've ever had the chance to dive into. Joss Whedon is a GOD. And the finale had me in tears. :cry:

Wondering if there are any other fans out there with opinions to share. Or haters. Bored and wanting to discuss the big event of my day. :3
OMG I LOVE BUFFY AND ANGEL, ITS A GREAT SHOW. BUFFYS A KICK ASS VAMPIRE SLAYER AND ANGELS A VAMPIRE WITH A SOUL. I LOVE ANGEL AND BUFFY. IN BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER ANGEL AND HER USE TO BE BF AND GF...AND I DONT REMEMBER HOW THE BROKE UP. BUT IT WAS COOL. THEN ANGEL THE SHOW CAME OUT BASD ON THE BUFFY SHOW BUT TAKEING AFTER WORDS. I KINDA LIKE ANGEL BETTER THEN BUFFY. HES A LOT COOLER. BUT THATS JUST ME:D