PDA

View Full Version : Font

VoodooChild
04-20-2006, 02:50 AM
Hi...Some may think this is a stupid question, but how would I go about downloading some Japanese and/or Chinese font?

I use sites like dafont.com for my fonts, but I can never find the chinese writing to download...Could someone tell me how to do it?

Note - I am not looking for english in a fancy chinese style....Im looking for the actual symbols :)

Thanks.

Madonna
04-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Why download it when it's (most likely) already on your computer?

I'm such a [jerk] (http://www.kanzaki.com/jinfo/japanese.html).

rubah
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Lovely Capsules and nekoyangi act sorta as wingdings I think for japanese, but you might could find some use for them. else use Ms Mincho with an IME or something :]

crono_logical
04-21-2006, 08:40 AM
If you're using WinXP, you can enable Complex Scripts and East Asian Language support under Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel :p Now when you pick a font in a program, any with a name beginning with "@" should contain a fair number of the symbols, but sideways - just remove the @ in front to get the version of the font with the symbols the correct way round :p

If you want more fonts, then off the top of my head, hongfire.com might be one place to check to find torrents of large batches of fonts with asian support, though I haven't checked recently so don't know if there's any current alive torrents for them or not :p