PDA

View Full Version : Slooowest HP development ever!

Peter_20
04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
I kinda liked that Paladin/Black Mage/Fighter party suggestion, so yesterday, I started a new game with that party, and it rocks. :D
However, I'm having problem with Maria's HP development, because it sucks.
For some reason, it increases veeery slowly, in fact so slowly that it's downright ridiculous: 1-2 HP per HP Level. :mad2::mad:

What's going on?
She started at her usual 20, and by the next Level she increased to the super-impressive (NOT!) 21, followed by 23 and 26.
Damn, the other guys increase a lot more every SINGLE level! :confused:

P.S.
I don't know if this is of any importance, but perhaps you'll understand my situation better if I add this info:

DESTINATION: Snow Cave (Minh recently left my party, Josef will join soon)

MARIA'S CURRENT STATS:
JOB: Hunter/Black Mage

HP: 26 (#¤&/%#!!!)
MP: 54

Pwr: 8
Agl: 15
Vit: 4
Int: 31
Soul: 10
Def: 2

Attack: 9
Hit%: 2-48%
Evad: 1-07%
M.Pwr: 13
MDef: 1-23%

EQUIPMENT:
R. Hand: Long Bow
L. Hand: -
Body: Clothes
Head: -
Wrist: Leather

EQUIPMENT PROFIENCY:
Fist: 1-00
Shield: 1-00
Knife: 1-00
Cane: 1-00
Spear: 1-00
Sword: 1-00
Axe: 1-00
Bow: 2-42
D.S.

MAGIC:
Fire: 2-24
Ice: 2-15
Bolt: 2-08
Slep: 1-00
Bsrk: 1-00

DarkLadyNyara
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Ah, Maria. I remember having this problem. Try attacking her with your other characters- the more damage she takes, the faster HP and stamina raise. Her stamina(vit) is very low, hence the crap HP gains. And it sounds like she's in the back row. If so, MOVE HER UP! Nine times out of ten, that's the source of the problem. Hope this helps. :D

Fire_Emblem776
04-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Yup spells work too if your think she might be KOed.

DJZen
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Okay, first off, do NOT give mages a weapon other than a knife or staff. Barefist is also fine. Second, if her HP is advancing slowly, it's because she's not getting hit much. However, in FFII, black mages and vitality (the stat responsible for HP growth) don't play well together. She'll get hit more if you take her out of the back row, though. Also, spend some time grinding. Finally, don't neglect that berserk spell. It might not seem all that useful now, but it will later. TRUST me.

P.S. paladins suck in FFII. Don't bother with one.

Crossblades
04-21-2006, 02:59 AM
P.S. paladins suck in FFII. Don't bother with one.

Odd. I made Firion one and I was fine with him

Zechs
04-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Indeed take her out of the back row. Only ranged weapons can attack to and from the back. If anything put her in front and the others in back. I built up each character seperatly this way and now they are awsome by states and are better with fists then anything.

DJZen
04-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Odd. I made Firion one and I was fine with him

I'm not gonna turn this into an argument, but statistically speaking, it's not a wise move.

Anyhoo, Peter, did this advice help?

boys from the dwarf
04-21-2006, 12:59 PM
fight the weakest enemys you can find. fight untils theres only one of them left( make sure its the weakest.) then attack maria until she on very low health(the reason i said make sure their weak enemys is so they dont k.o maria.).after the battle she should gain some extra HP. either this or just intense training. intense training would be a good idea apart from the fact that it takes ages and would make the game too easy but either would work fine.

DJZen
04-22-2006, 01:02 AM
That only works well if that super weak enemy doesn't run away.

boys from the dwarf
04-22-2006, 10:08 AM
true but he doesnt seem strong enough to scare enemys off yet unless im mistaken.

Peter_20
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
true but he doesnt seem strong enough to scare enemys off yet unless im mistaken.Well, the other chars way surpass Maria in basically everything; actually, I could even finish the Warship without much trouble, though Maria would die all the time. :rolleyes2

In other words, my party is more than strong enough to scare away everything encountered during the beginning of the game. :cool:

DarkLadyNyara
04-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Kill them off while you train.

Sjorn
05-06-2006, 07:51 PM
At the moment my Maria has like... 1786hp... higher than Fronia (spelt wrong, methinks).

blacknoir_619
06-03-2006, 12:37 AM
right its too long for you to get change from mistyia your hp is cripplingly low so make shure you kill off your other characters go back to fighting easy enemies hornets goblins ect near a town if your health gets to low go to an in if you wanna see an increase in hp then try and get it halved every battle by enemies but with your fire two spell you can kill grouped enemies instantly so you should have bearly any risk ov dieing and remember to remover her from the back row (you press select then a over her face incase you didnt know):D thats about all you cand do and if you really want you can be cheap and attack her with your onw players when her hp gets a little bit higher and everyone alwasy goes for a palidin an fighter a black mage but i hav three red mages and its making the game alot easer i have to say to be honest everyone said it was hard to do it myway but it seems to be working fine with me

Elite Lord Sigma
06-03-2006, 07:54 AM
As previously stated, Maria's Vitality is crap, which is why your HP gains suck. Rule 1: If you ever want her Vitality to go up, put her in the front row. Rule 2: Bows suck in this game. Give Maria something else, like an staff or knife. Rule 3: Get her better armor. She'll probably get her ass handed to her within five seconds in the Ice Cave if she doesn't have good armor.